Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2018, 18:10   #1
Senior Member+

Banned from hyndburn chat

If you use facebook quite a bit check out the group Hyndburn Chatters - it is a very good group

Don't bother with Hyndburn Chat - Unreasonable BADMINS (apart from neil) as I was banned for simply questioning whether a guy should've been banned for posting a harmless joke - The admin that banned me is here im sure - just to say to you - your an idiot, banning with no warning!! do you actually have any clue?
Old 18-01-2018, 19:04   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Banned from hyndburn chat

is Hyndburn Chat the forum that you have to be invited to join...the one which many accywebbers migrated to?

Not that it matters much to me as I cannot access it as I do not use FB...

Rob, it is THEIR loss!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 19:24   #3
Senior Member+

hyndburn cat was set up by garinda and di - was banned this morning
Old 18-01-2018, 21:28   #4
Beacon of light

As I said Rob..Their loss.
Old 18-01-2018, 22:23   #5
God Member

I have never asked to join because I know I would be refused - there was a remark I made here which Garinda misunderstood - he threatened to 'set his mother on me' - this occurred just before he set up his 'exclusive' facebook page.

There is a facebook group for people who have been 'thrown out' so it seems Gary's lot are easily offended

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 12:42   #6
Senior Member+

I enjoy Hyndburn Chat. I do feel that people ought to be told why their posting has been deleted. I've been told that the admins have not got time to do it. Garinda is not the only admin now.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 15:54   #7
Beacon of light

If the admins do not have time to do it then either there should be more of them or people should not be banned until they HAVE got time to explain why a ban was applied.
Seems just a bit high handed.
Old 19-01-2018, 16:02   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I enjoy Hyndburn Chat. I do feel that people ought to be told why their posting has been deleted. I've been told that the admins have not got time to do it. Garinda is not the only admin now.
I was too. I don't think garinda banned me... probably frank. If so a lot of respect built up over the years of posts has been lost with a simple petty motion
Old 19-01-2018, 23:08   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If the admins do not have time to do it then either there should be more of them or people should not be banned until they HAVE got time to explain why a ban was applied.
Seems just a bit high handed.
When you've had abuse from people when you do explain it soon becomes easier not to bother explaining.

There are not many rules on Hyndburn Chat. Most people get pushed out for swearing, being abusive to others, spamming with business type adverts, moaning about things admin have done. I suppose a lot like in here. There are over 12,000 members on Hyndburn chat and it's growing very quickly. Chatters have just over 2000 members so they won't have as many issues as Chat does because it's much quieter in there.

Facebook is a very poor media for a forum, the search isn't very good, you can't separate topics and from an admin point of view you can't undelete posts, you can't edit posts to remove something that shouldn't have been posted like we can on here so often things do just get deleted.

What Facebook does do better than forums is push information to users, on a forum you have to go looking for it in all the different forums you might be in, Facebook is all in one place.
Restless likes this.
Old 19-01-2018, 23:11   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have never asked to join because I know I would be refused - there was a remark I made here which Garinda misunderstood - he threatened to 'set his mother on me' - this occurred just before he set up his 'exclusive' facebook page.

There is a facebook group for people who have been 'thrown out' so it seems Gary's lot are easily offended
I don't see why you would not be let in, click join and find out
Old 19-01-2018, 23:22   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
is Hyndburn Chat the forum that you have to be invited to join...the one which many accywebbers migrated to?

Not that it matters much to me as I cannot access it as I do not use FB...

Rob, it is THEIR loss!
It depends on how a Facebook group has been set up. Some you join and are a member straight away, others the admins have to approve you. WIth Hyndburn Chat when you click join one of the 7 admins will let you in if you look genuine. All of the admins used to be or are still members of AccyWeb, some of them still lurk even if they don't post.

Most of the decisions by the admin team are done as a team unless no other admin is about and something needs dealing with straight away like swearing.

I see a lot of posts where people assume it was one admin or another that removed them, it's quite rare they guess correctly and it is often discussed before someone is removed. Like any group of people, the admins don't always agree with an action but majority rules. It used to be the same on here when the forum was a lot busier. I can't remember the last time someone was banned from here that wasn't a spammer. I made a setting change so new members first posts have to be accepted by admin/moderator before it appears on the forum. That's why we haven't had spam for some time on here.

I've waffled enough and I'm missing my film, trying not to call them movies
Old 20-01-2018, 00:00   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Its not all that bad Margaret, some people say things in haste, and then regret it, some say things deliberatly so they can swank they've been banned from Hyndburn Chat, Dobbo an me slag each other tu death, but the admins know we've been doing that since the 1960's, but we don't use foul language like some try on. I enjoy my self on there with local history, and WW1 stuff. By the way Gary's all right, he's a grand bloke, met him a few times.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 00:17   #13
Senior Member+

although hat neil says is true my banning was total bull****.
Old 20-01-2018, 10:03   #14
Beacon of light

Neil, I fully appreciate that being an administrator/moderator on a forum is not an easy job...therefore not for the faint hearted.
However, that said, I think it can be done with a fairer outlook.
If I had done something wrong I would like to be informed so that I could change my ways.
Those who get abusive when they are told why they have been banned should be cast out permanently.
No one who is doing a job as a volunteer, for the benefit of everyone, should have to be subjected to abuse.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:36   #15

Unfortunately, even when you try to be fair, try to stick to the rules there are always those that want to disrespect the admins position and poop all over the rules, will not accept what they have been told to do by the people running the forum.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..