Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2010, 21:22   #76
God Member

Re: Bigotry on the web.

Read some of the cowpats that are in a certain web page. It would start a riot in every religious and non religious place world wide not jut on hear. Evangelilical cowpats galore.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2010, 21:24   #77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
HOPEFULLY , but I have my doubts, we'll be able to seriously discuss some fundamental issues sometime.
You're right to have doubts. In fact it's looking so hopeless, it's probably not worth your while coming back. This was just starters...next time we'll set Cashy and Garinda on you!
Old 24-05-2010, 21:28   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You're right to have doubts. In fact it's looking so hopeless, it's probably not worth your while coming back. This was just starters...next time we'll set Cashy and Garinda on you!
But the almighty will protect him. That is about as helpfull as putting a fire out with a tank of methanol.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 24-05-2010, 21:36   #79
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Good Night all.

Thanks for the fun.

HOPEFULLY , but I have my doubts, we'll be able to seriously discuss some fundamental issues sometime.
Nothing original there, we've seen those tactics before, pretending to be above everyone else and thinking we would really want you to come back, then doing exactly what you are doing, not going after saying goodnight but sitting there too peeved to sleep and too frustrated to think straight.

Well do yourself a favour, swear on your Bible tonight never to come back and don't break that solemn oath.

Good Rid... erm', sorry I mean, Good night, sleep tight, mind the Jehovah's witnesses don't bite.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 21:53   #80
God Member

Bloody Hell. I popped out for a pint an hour ago and returned expecting this thread to have been well put to bed by now - instead it's reading like someone with Tourettes on crack cocaine.

I'm going back down the pub.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 23:03   #81
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
My bible is the Sun newspaper. Now I am lost.
You get the Scottish Sun up there. Similar to ours but with smaller words and bigger type
Old 24-05-2010, 23:22   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Over the weekend , perusing past quotes on the Accy Web , I was amazed at the degree of bigotry and prejudice relating to God , Christianity , the Catholic Church , saints etc.

It is easy to make cheap , shallow jibes at the expense of those who have deeply-held beliefs and outlooks on life different from one's own.

It appears to be not so easy to provide an in-depth explanation of one's own conclusions of what Reality is to back up the snide sneering.

May I suggest that those who wish to make such criticisms do so with some element of wisdom which gives expression to their views.
Ok, let's talk about some of the bigotry that's perpetrated in the name of Jesus.

Quote:
The priest mentioned Father Walter Smith S.J. was the best priest I have ever known
What so you think about a church that for decades has hidden and defended it's child abusing priests, and thus allowed them to go on and commit more heinous crimes, and ignored the thousands of young victims, in order to protect itself?

When we've fully exhausted and discussed this topic, we can move on to the bigotry that arises from not allowing people to protect themselves from transmittable diseases, because of man-made prejudices, and which has absolutely no Biblical foundation.

In the meantime, because it so suits you, have some more devilishy red karma from an atheist, and former Sunday school teacher.

Last edited by garinda; 24-05-2010 at 23:24.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 05:38   #83
God Member

Having a religion is like having life insurance.
Some fall for the sales patter, others don't.
Those that have it, swear by it.
Those that don't, resent the sales pitch.
..especially from doorstep salesmen.

God talk on the forum is annoying because you can't slam the door on his foot.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 06:05   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You get the Scottish Sun up there. Similar to ours but with smaller words and bigger type
You forgot the nice easy words Neil tut tut tut.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 25-05-2010, 06:07   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Having a religion is like having life insurance.
Some fall for the sales patter, others don't.
Those that have it, swear by it.
Those that don't, resent the sales pitch.
..especially from doorstep salesmen.

God talk on the forum is annoying because you can't slam the door on his foot.

Got to agree with that.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 25-05-2010, 06:57   #86
Common Sense Member

I turn my back for an evening and we're back on this old hobby horse again.

Mind you, that's a fairly impressive amount of red that JCB has built up in one night, it's even spread to his replies.

Is everyone quite convinced this isn't Cllr Broadley now?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 07:10   #87
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

Is everyone quite convinced this isn't Cllr Broadley now?
I'm convinced whoever it is, isn't a full shilling.

O.K. freedom of speech etc, etc, these people have to be allowed by society to have their say, but wouldn't it have been fairer for the rest of us if his fingers had been removed before allowing him near a keyboard?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 07:28   #88
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
O.K. freedom of speech etc, etc, these people have to be allowed by society to have their say
That's how Care in the Community works.

Another success story.

Old 25-05-2010, 07:52   #89

suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:25   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Over the weekend , perusing past quotes on the Accy Web , I was amazed at the degree of bigotry and prejudice relating to God , Christianity , the Catholic Church , saints etc.

It is easy to make cheap , shallow jibes at the expense of those who have deeply-held beliefs and outlooks on life different from one's own.
Wasn't it Jesus, in Matthew 5:39, who said 'Turn the other cheek', when faced with aggression?

I suppose that was well before mankind came along, and founded all the different churches in his name, and imposed their own bigotries, and ignored most of Christ's teaching.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..