Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 15:59   #1
God Member

Bloody Transdev AGAIN

As a lot of you will have read, Transdev are stopping the number 6 buses going up and down Thwaites road from September 16th, they are also stopping the number 7 going up Wyndsor road, they are redirecting the buses from Blackburn to go via Shadsworth through Ossy instead....so none of the buses go through Intack then through Ossy....this is gonna leave Reece and all his school mates stranded and unable to get a bus directly to Rhyddings school.

Last edited by Neil; 04-09-2012 at 02:16.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2012, 20:50   #2
God Member

Re: Bloody Transdev AGAIN

I read end of last week that Pilkingtons were taking over the areas no longer covered by transdev with services 20 & 21, might be worth checking out and they are due to start on sept 17th and transdev weren't meant to stop until the 16th

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 21:02   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I read end of last week that Pilkingtons were taking over the areas no longer covered by transdev with services 20 & 21, might be worth checking out and they are due to start on sept 17th and transdev weren't meant to stop until the 16th
I heard something about Pilky's doing some routes too but not sure which
Old 03-09-2012, 21:03   #4
God Member

found it - here's the link

Bus firm?s bid to replace Oswaldtwistle's axed route (From Lancashire Telegraph)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 21:19   #5
God Member

ooo thanx you two, if they are taking over that route, transdev won't be getting no more bus pass money from me or the kids around here, Pilkys can have it
Old 03-09-2012, 21:22   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
ooo thanx you two, if they are taking over that route, transdev won't be getting no more bus pass money from me or the kids around here, Pilkys can have it
They don't deserve anybody's money. They don't even spend any money on customer service training for the majority of their drivers, or if they do it's wasted from what I see of them
Old 03-09-2012, 23:10   #7
God Member

As far as I can gather they are also stopping all service 6&7 buses from seven pm as of 18th of September. So as far as I can see anybody living in Great Harwood has no bus service after seven pm. The excuse for axing the service was that it wasn't being used but when I caught the twenty minutes past nine bus from Blackburn on Saturday night there were between twenty and thirty people on board. Seems to me they don't give a toss about how their decisions will impact on peoples lives!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
As far as I can gather they are also stopping all service 6&7 buses from seven pm as of 18th of September. So as far as I can see anybody living in Great Harwood has no bus service after seven pm. The excuse for axing the service was that it wasn't being used but when I caught the twenty minutes past nine bus from Blackburn on Saturday night there were between twenty and thirty people on board. Seems to me they don't give a toss about how their decisions will impact on peoples lives!!!!
Of course they don't care they are a business. If the routes are not profitable why should they run them? Would you clean their bus for free? Don't slate Transdev, slate the council who should subsidise it
The primary aim of a bus is to make money not to carry passengers
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The council should not subsidise a bus route by giving our money to a private company. The council should own the bus company like they used to.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13   #10

I agree Neil however they should be run more efficiently than they were. There were scandalous wastes
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:29   #11
God Member

i was talking to an old man in Ossy about this yesterday and he said they are stopping the service going where it does because there are too many elderly people getting on the bus for free, aparently bus companies 'only' get 70p back per elderly/disabled passenger with a free pass
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
Of course they don't care they are a business. If the routes are not profitable why should they run them? Would you clean their bus for free? Don't slate Transdev, slate the council who should subsidise it
Oh well sod the people who will be stuck at home because of this decision.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:18   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
And yes I will slate a company who hasn't got the bottle to state their intentions before stopping the service. I have spoken to a lot of people who didn't have the faintest idea about this. Plus new timetables were put up on the bus stops yesterday and nowhere on them does it state that this service only runs till the middle of September.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Oh well sod the people who will be stuck at home because of this decision.
Thats always been the case wi most business Bernie, People get this daft notion that they are there to serve us, Thats only a secondary thing, Making as much as possible out of us has always been Number1.

Last edited by cashman; 04-09-2012 at 08:28.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51   #15
Super Moderator

This is all down to Thatcher's ideologically-motivated decision to privatise the bus services back in the 80's. Before that, we had an excellent bus service in the town and surrounding areas. It had its faults but it was a public service run for the benefit of the local population. Now it's just down to profit and sod the interests of the passengers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..