Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2005, 21:25   #16
God Member

Re: Bra Straps

I too think it sounds like your not wearing the correct size
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2005, 07:59   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
I have yet to meet a bloke that understands the numbers and letters in a bra size. Cupping your hands over your own chest and saying "About this big" doesn't count.
Your talking about measuring boobs not rocket sceince , but for those less enlightened read below.

Measuring your bra size
To ensure you wear the correct bra size here is an easy guide to measuring your correct size. Follow our easy steps: -

• Step 1

The first measurement is your Underbust or back size - measure tightly around your ribcage, just under your bust in inches, this will give you the band measurement of your bra size eg. If the underband measure is an even number add 4” . If the underband measure is an odd number add 5”.

This will tell you what size underband to choose. Eg 32, 34, 36 or 38.
  • Step 2

Next measurement is your overbust or cup size. Measure the fullest part of your bust line.
  • Step 3

Now you need to subtract your underbust size measurement from your overbust measurement, this will give you your cup size, see chart below
The difference between the overbust and underbust size in inches**:

Inches__0 1 2 3 _4 _5
Cup Size A B C D DD E

**This is only a guide but if you would like to get measured by one of our expertly trained staff visit any Knickerbox store. The Importance of Fit
Any problems with fitting a bra can easily be solved by changing either the band size or the cup size, or both. Many women wear bras with the band too loose and the cup too small. In general, we suggest that if in doubt, you take a cup larger than you would normally. At Knickerbox we do everything possible to ensure consistent sizing, however, please note that size and fit will vary slightly between underwear styles and fabrics

Further tips on fitting your bra properly
  1. If the breasts are bulging over the bra - go up a cup size, and down a band size.
  2. If the bra rides up at the back - go down a band size.
  3. If the straps are digging into your shoulders (the straps are having to do all the work because although the cup might fit, the band is not tight enough) - go down a band size and up a cup size (this will give you a tighter fit around the body, with the same cup size as previously).
  4. You need to ensure that the front band on the bra sits flat on your chest plate if underwired, if not – go down a back size and you may need to go up a cup size.
  5. You must ensure that the underwire on a bra does not dig into the breast tissue at your underarm, if this happens go up a cup size, and down a band size.

Last edited by Neil; 29-03-2005 at 08:02.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 08:08   #18

Do get measured regularly but going to try and get to BHS or M&S at lunchtime just to be sure I will keep you informed. Thanks for all the advice!!!

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 08:26   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Maybe it is the shape of your shoulders
Old 29-03-2005, 08:31   #20
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibi
Do get measured regularly but going to try and get to BHS or M&S at lunchtime just to be sure I will keep you informed. Thanks for all the advice!!!
I'm not sure that this thread is goingto be good for my health.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 08:38   #21

Great now I have funny shaped shoulders LOL. Ok so what shape should my shoulders be? Oh my god I am going to end up with a shoulder complex LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Maybe it is the shape of your shoulders

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
Old 29-03-2005, 09:00   #22
Give, give, give member

PMSL.
God Neil, if you want a job in fashion in London give me a PM, I'll phone my old boss.

You're good, [or is it obsessed?]

Last edited by garinda; 29-03-2005 at 09:35.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 09:26   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I like to have a working knowledge of subjects that interest me.

Maybe a photo of your back would show us your shoulder shape ( Please no requests for any other photos )
Old 29-03-2005, 09:37   #24

Not very good at taking pics of my back!!!LOL !!! I will make sure that M&S and BHS are aware how good and well informed you are neil....LOL

Old 29-03-2005, 10:24   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

No doubt we will get a sarcastic post on here from my wife
Old 29-03-2005, 10:53   #26
I am Banned

Biggest reason is wearing wrong size bra as Lorraine from GMTV did several fashion edits on this subject, trouble is finding a fitting sevice round ere!! Tho is sounds u might need to go one down on the circumferance n poss one up on cup ....... get the ole measure tape out im sure u can find the measurements on the web or usually on clothes catalogues.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 10:55   #27
I am Banned

Oh right Neil has that one totally covered even with diagrams !!! Pmsl
Old 29-03-2005, 10:57   #28
I am Banned

Pmsl just like most blokes then Chav lol

[QUOTE=chav1]dont ask me i have enough trouble undoing the buggers i usualy end up using the lift and grope approach
Old 29-03-2005, 11:06   #29
white rabbits

i have just rated this thread 5 star ,,for ammusment value as well as being very imformative,,...nice to know what interests the blokes ....
Old 29-03-2005, 11:33   #30
I am Banned

LOL Grannyclaret n laugh at their fumblings at the art of undo-ing one like supremo champ for the best n quickest pmsl ....wonder if that grabs the interest lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i have just rated this thread 5 star ,,for ammusment value as well as being very imformative,,...nice to know what interests the blokes ....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..