Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 13:48   #1

C4's Secret Millionaire

Been debating with myself as to where to post this thread.. cant think of anywhere else but General Chat.. as it is kind of general chat.. so apologies beforehand if you think its inconvenient =)

Anybody watch Channel 4's Secret Millionaire last night? I thought it was a great programme! Actually brought me to tears at the end when she was handing out the money. What a nice programme, showing something positive and different for once.. Anybody who didnt watch it, i'd recommend watching it next week!

C4 Wed 9pm.
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2007, 13:54   #2

Re: C4's Secret Millionaire

i watched it last time it was on i didnt know it was bk it was excellent last series aswell
Old 08-11-2007, 13:54   #3
God Member

Yes it was brilliant wasn't it? I think what made it more moving was the fact that she was brought up in the area. I always watch it and this is the best one I've seen!!
Old 08-11-2007, 13:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Yes it was brilliant wasn't it? I think what made it more moving was the fact that she was brought up in the area. I always watch it and this is the best one I've seen!!
Yeah, I cant believe she put down them depositis for a house, I was so shocked!.. how generous. I thought she had to give the money to one of them? But glad they all got something anyway. Im glad the young mother with kids who helped less fortunate people decorate etc, got something.. was well deserved.
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 14:03   #5

I watched it, was alright.
Old 08-11-2007, 14:27   #6
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
I watched it, was alright.
I think a bloke did it last time, but this was better.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 14:43   #7
Give, give, give member

I always watch it expecting the millionaire to be an patronising prat, who wouldn't know true altruism if it bit them on their gold plated behind, and I've always been pleasantly suprised at what a heart warming programme it is, and heartened that there are still so many genuinely good people left in the world.

It's good how the programme seems to change the millionaire's life, as much as it does the people who get the money, and it's wonderful how many of them plan a long term relationship with their chosen recipients.

Yes I shed a tear at the end too...but then again I used to cry if they'd got on after their trip on Blind Date.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 14:44   #8
Member.

Never actually watched it, but I think it’s a sound idea and hope that a lot of good comes out of it. I wonder how many will go on to give back in their wake to others over the coming years. I always remember someone helping me out financially when I was in my teens, never wanted paying back, they only asked that if I came upon in similar straits I’d help them by passing on the good will.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 14:47   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Never actually watched it, but I think it’s a sound idea and hope that a lot of good comes out of it. I wonder how many will go on to give back in their wake to others over the coming years. I always remember someone helping me out financially when I was in my teens, never wanted paying back, they only asked that if I came upon in similar straits I’d help them by passing on the good will.
This eastend woman last night never forgot her uncle giving her a fiver, and saw the programme as her way of paying back a debt.

Old 08-11-2007, 14:51   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
This eastend woman last night never forgot her uncle giving her a fiver, and saw the programme as her way of paying back a debt.

Fantastic…….It’s things like this that make me cry. Warming to think that there’s still room in this world for a little good will and trust.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 08-11-2007, 14:54   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Fantastic…….It’s things like this that make me cry.
See. I knew those tissues would be useful for something else.

Old 08-11-2007, 14:58   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
See. I knew those tissues would be useful for something else.

I refer you to the comment I got karma docked for some time ago......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..