Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2015, 21:31   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Charging devices while hiking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What a horribly rough contraption that is and a waste of the battery from the handheld

Have a look at this ebay video to show you inside one of those supposedly 50,000mAh powerbanks is a 4000mAh battery

Surely this item is not 'as described' and you would be right in opening a dispute against the trader....Possibly get a refund.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2015, 22:09   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The Chinese who make them don't care about such things. The old saying if it sounds to good to be true it probably is should often be applied. It is a physical impossibility for a unit of that size to contain a 50,000mAh battery at the moment.
Old 09-06-2015, 22:51   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
What a horribly rough contraption that is and a waste of the battery from the handheld

Have a look at this ebay video to show you inside one of those supposedly 50,000mAh powerbanks is a 4000mAh battery
Not really a "waste" it came with two when I bought it.
Besides,I've still got it and I could use it but I've wired a small 12v supply to the handheld for when civil unrest hits.
Hopefully that will last longer and the "waste" also doubles up charges my pencil batteries without lugging a big charger about.

Think I'll pass on the Chinese import and go with a uk version

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:20   #34
I am Banned

Check out the Anker range of chargers AccyX on Amazon. There will be one there to suit your needs.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 15:20   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Any that say 50000mAh that are only about the size of a mobile phone are lying about the capacity no matter where you buy it from.
Old 10-06-2015, 18:04   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Any that say 50000mAh that are only about the size of a mobile phone are lying about the capacity no matter where you buy it from.
It's the functionality that matters Neil not the numbers. The Anker one I have has one Smart use and two universal. I can recharge ipad, phone and camera if need be all at the same time. 3 times each off one charge. Rated at 1200mAh
Old 10-06-2015, 18:05   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
It's the functionality that matters Neil not the numbers. The Anker one I have has one Smart usb socket and two universal. I can recharge ipad, phone and camera if need be all at the same time. 3 times each off one charge. Rated at 1200mAh
Old 10-06-2015, 19:37   #38
Beacon of light

Quote:
You see when you understand these things it makes a difference.
I don't understand them, so I find it very hard to judge if what a seller is telling me is true...and whether what I really need is one with a high mAh spec...the mAh means absolutely nothing at all to me...it just might as well be in chinese.
All I want to know is ...will it effectively charge my device in the absence of having a mains power supply?
If the answer to this is yes, then that will do for me!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:05   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
All I want to know is ...will it effectively charge my device in the absence of having a mains power supply?
If the answer to this is yes, then that will do for me!
Have a look at this one Margaret.

Search Veho Pebble Smartstick Plus Ayrton Senna Limited Edition Portable Power Bank | Maplin
Old 11-06-2015, 10:24   #40
Beacon of light

Aldi have one on their specials this Sunday at £5.99....Ok so it is 2600 mAh(whatever that means - I really haven't a clue.....and anyway if Neil says this may not be the true spec then it really is pot luck).
I don't really need one of these as I rarely use my phone and if I take my Ipad mini anywhere I usually make sure it is fully charged.
But thank you for the information, it might be useful for someone who needs one of these.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:42   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Aldi have one on their specials this Sunday at £5.99....Ok so it is 2600 mAh(whatever that means - I really haven't a clue.....and anyway if Neil says this may not be the true spec then it really is pot luck).
I don't really need one of these as I rarely use my phone and if I take my Ipad mini anywhere I usually make sure it is fully charged.
But thank you for the information, it might be useful for someone who needs one of these.

That's a sensible number so is probably true. Think of battery capacity as a jug of water (ok really that would be watt/hours but it's a good enough analogy). You are using that big battery to fill the little battery in your phone/ipad/camera. If the jug of water is bigger it can fill more small glasses.
Old 11-06-2015, 13:42   #42
Beacon of light

Thank you Neil for your explanation, it helped a lot. Had my dear old dad been around he would have explained it to me
Old 24-06-2015, 12:51   #43
Senior Member+

Sorry for bumping a old thread,I thought I'd make folk aware of this offer from EE.

If your a mobile customer (or know someone who is) you can text POWER to 365 (texts cost 35p).
Once you've sent the text you'll receive a code which to give at any EE store to get the power bar.

"It's worth noting that when the deal first launched back in April, while most people were sent a code immediately, some found it didn't arrive for a few hours, so you may need to be patient." EE customer? Get a 'free' £20 power bar portable - Money Saving Expert

password--Accyweb
Old 24-06-2015, 14:06   #44
Senior Member+

I got myself a power bar from the EE shop and I also got a power bank from a popular auction site.
The EE power bars also have a torch function making them ideal for camping etc.

image.jpg

password--Accyweb
Old 24-06-2015, 14:31   #45
Beacon of light

Well now you're sorted!
Accyexplorer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..