Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rowlf
  • 2 Post By boxermum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2016, 20:28   #1

Christmas Day weather

Not sure if this is the sort of 'claim to fame' that some people would want, but here in South Australia it will be 40 degrees C on Christmas Day and Adelaide will apparently be the hottest city in the world!

Doesn’t bother me, you just have to learn to adapt and be sensible.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2016, 21:24   #2
Full Member+

Re: Christmas Day weather

Well you enjoy it Dotti but it would not do for me. I cannot tolerate hot weather and besides I like my Christmas to be cold and frosty. It would not feel 'Christmassy' with the sun belting down. Have a Happy one though.
Gremlin likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 23:02   #3

Thanks. Rowlf, will do - and you enjoy yours. We are going to be with our family, and whatever the weather might be this is what will make our Christmas a happy one. My family will be doing all the work that the day entails as they reckon I've done enough over the years, and who am I to argue.... So I will be sitting back and relaxing and yes! enjoying the sunshine, and I'll drink to that.
Old 22-12-2016, 23:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Well you enjoy it Dotti but it would not do for me. I cannot tolerate hot weather and besides I like my Christmas to be cold and frosty. It would not feel 'Christmassy' with the sun belting down. Have a Happy one though.
I'm with you on this one Rowlf....heat and Christmas just do not go together, and the only heat I want on Christmas day will be coming from my oven.
Ideal,falling snow,one or two glasses of Baileys,a stonking lunch,then a darn good film whilst scoffing chocs.
Gremlin and Rowlf like this.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 23:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Not sure if this is the sort of 'claim to fame' that some people would want, but here in South Australia it will be 40 degrees C on Christmas Day and Adelaide will apparently be the hottest city in the world!

Doesn’t bother me, you just have to learn to adapt and be sensible.
Dotti, Here in Perth we had your Christmas Day hottie on Wednesday 42c, it was a stinker, second hottest December day on record. Christmas Day forecast is 32c then rest of the week mid too high 20s. Lovely.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 11:49   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Christmas eve & we're sitting in Southern Germany, breezy, cold & grey & tomorrow ain't going to improve much by all accounts.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:06   #7
Beacon of light

It is going to be positiviely blamy(well as far as temperatures go) predicted to be 14degrees here...but grey, wet and windy.
I would prefer it to be cold and crisp with those lovely blue skies you get on a frosty day...but the weather is much like Christmas gifts...you have to have what you are given(well until boxing day when you can take it back)

I have spent Christmas in Melbourne in the past and I have to say, it really felt strange having Christmas trees in the house and by the side of the pool...and Christmas dinner is a bit on the heavy side in all that heat.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 14:42   #8
Senior Member+

I have spent quite a few Christmas Periods in far away places - Borneo, Arizona, Saudi, Bahrain, Thailand and Malaysia and of course home in UK (somewhere or other). Temperature/climate doesn't really matter - it is Christmas and as long as you are with family or friends, preferably both, the location doesn't really matter.
UK weather is forecast to be in double figures tomorrow - never experienced that here before, so even though I will miss seeing snow, I don't really care. Best wishes to all on AccyWeb.
Old 26-12-2016, 08:44   #9

I'm with you there, Barrie. The company is what makes it. As it turned out we did hit 40 or possibly a bit more but my son (who was the host this year) had his garden well shaded (17 of us and not one person in the direct sun!) and had hired a huge misting fan which did a magnificent job. We all opted to stay out there, even though we could have gone into the air-conditioned house.

It's also surprising how many people can fit into a kid-sized pool......
Old 01-01-2017, 18:36   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I spent a few Christmastimes in southern Spain, was hot barbies on beach, in front of our apartment, its like owt in life as far as i'm concerned its what yeh make it. enjoyed em yon, enjoy em here simple as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..