Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 14:09   #1

Companies that don't answer the 'phone,ever

I had a card through the door from 'UKMail', and I called them, was on hold for 35 minutes, the guy who answered was a bit dim and didn't understand what on earth I was talking about, nor understand English (he struggled with the phonetic alphabet and my name).
I eventually got it out of him that my item had been returned to the dispatcher. I asked whom this was, he had no idea. He also said that nothing had been sent to my address for at least 3 weeks and this is why it had been returned-that is totally not true, I knew this at the time as I do a lot of ordering items online and was living alone (I've moved house just last week) so it's almost impossible for me to miss a card, I look out for them meticulously.

I since confirmed, just by chance a friend of mine contacted me and said it was he who had sent me a gift, via Amazon. I spoke to Amazon who said I would need to get a tracker number from UKMail, otherwise they cannot help.

I have now been on hold for almost 50 minutes. Best part of an hour-to UKMail. I suspect they have a 'phone in a corner of a factory that nobody ever bothers to answer, or something like that.
Anybody else had any troubles with them? I know they're fibbing about the length of time the card had been there-It was a couple of days at the most-that's whats annoyed me more than anything. I think I am going to put the 'phone down and write to them. Incompetence angers me!
Old 10-10-2012, 15:20   #2

Re: Companies that don't answer the 'phone,ever

For some odd reason we use these jokers at work...

They are proper useless, occasionally they do OK but more often than not stuff ends up all over the place.

They are also known for "knocking" but got no answer, when really all they do is leave the note, not sure why, it would be just as easy to knock.

And also sometimes you get the old "package left in porch" when we all know thats gone on ebay ! lol !
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 15:51   #3

My fears are confirmed then. Come to think of it, it's a bit far back in time now and I have a bad memory, but I remember thinking at the time , when the chuff was this dropped off as I've been in. They either don't knock, or knock once then run off, it seems.

It was two bottles of wine.. Reckon they took the afternoon off and found a park bench....
Old 11-10-2012, 13:10   #4

lol, thats fighting actions right there that is !!!

Stealing a girls wine ! what were they thinking !
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:01   #5
God Member

My gripe with Royal Mail is that they charge me an £8 handling fee for passing a measly amount of VAT to HM Customs, on an item valued at £26(which included P&P from USA)

Last edited by MargaretR; 11-10-2012 at 14:09.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 16:50   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob97531 View Post
lol, thats fighting actions right there that is !!!

Stealing a girls wine ! what were they thinking !
Lol I know.Well I've finally managed to trace it properly, back to sender, get the order number and now the person who sent me it has to go back to the company they ordered it from, to sort it out.I feel guilty about this as he sent me it as a 'cheer up' gift and he's upset that I didn't get it and now has to go through the palava of cancelling/reordering but I suppose that's life lol.

I will really try to avoid UKMail in the future, if I can!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..