Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2006, 06:02   #61
I am Banned

Re: Doe's Anyone Have This Film Please !!!

Well, my thoughts were that some scenes were shot out of Accrington in a nearby town Rawtenstall or Rochdale nr Haslingdon as some scenery does look familiar but not to anywhere in Accy and the pubs location reminds me abit of Green Howarth anyway I hope everyone enjoys it as much as me and my family did and thanks to Uncle Mick, Tinks, and Accymel for the Karma

Who'd have thought after years of literally wearing my search engine out in hope to find this film. One Message on here and it comes up trumps, the internet really does work
who_eat_all_the_pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2006, 15:48   #62
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
So does Accyweb
Accy web is the internet so I take it she meant that in saying the internet really does work !

Last edited by accyred&blue; 26-06-2006 at 15:51.
accyred&blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 15:55   #63
Junior Member+

glad to see you all enjoyed the film it's ages since i saw it last.can any of you remember when juliet bravo was filmed in accy? juliet bravo was on one of those uk gold channels the other week so i thought i would watch it on the off chance of it being the episode filmed in accy and it was. it showed woolworths and the old mill off maudsley street and the old market,it all looked very weird but good to see the old accy.it showed the old st johns ambulance place which has now been replaced by the roundabout next to the tax office. i think it was filmed in the early eighties not exactly sure.
jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 16:05   #64
Full Member+

Thanks for the karma people.... it`s nice to be nice.

Thank goodness no one mentioned that film starring Mina Anwar, filmed in Accy!
Old 26-06-2006, 16:08   #65
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
Thanks for the karma people.... it`s nice to be nice.

Thank goodness no one mentioned that film starring Mina Anwar, filmed in Accy!
is that the one filmed at the papershop on owen street and over woodnook area? i was going to mention it but i just can't remember it's name
jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 16:09   #66
God Member

Yeah we were reminising over episodes of Juliet Bravo that were filmed in Accrington. There was also Hetty Wainthrope, one of the episodes was filmed up Warwick Close Church.
Old 26-06-2006, 16:33   #67
Resident Waffler

I remember a Juliet Bravo episode featuring the Acrade. There was one where she ran into a shop and came out again in the middle of Burnley!

I loved spotting places I recognise in Hetty Wainthrop too.

What was the film starring Mina Anwar? I don't remember that.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 16:37   #68
I am Banned

Oooooh Juliet bravo i used to so love that programme my mum would let me stay up a little later to watch it all episodes but cant remember the accy one, i remember Hetty Wainthrop being filmed here.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 16:41   #69
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_eat_all_the_pies
I hope everyone enjoys it as much as me and my family did and thanks to Uncle Mick, Tinks, and Accymel for the Karma

Who'd have thought after years of literally wearing my search engine out in hope to find this film. One Message on here and it comes up trumps, the internet really does work
Amazing what can happen i have been searching for it as long as ive had the net to no avail but didnt think of putting a post up & ive been here ages lol

Just text my bro that he's just got an early birthday pressie - response was OMG that will bring back some memories & a half lets see if he can wear this out
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 18:17   #70
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

hey kes was on the other day and you know summat?... i was thinking of that same film .....spookyyyyy
Old 26-06-2006, 19:10   #71
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
IWhat was the film starring Mina Anwar? I don't remember that.
It was called Flight and was about a young Asian girl fleeing from an arranged marriage and yup was filmed in Woodnook and on Owen Street
Old 27-06-2006, 09:30   #72
God Member

Watched the film last night and it was FANTASTIC. I had to laugh at the old bus, my school bus was exactly the same as that.

The run down area where the houses were being pulled down, Ginger said it was Cedar St. ??

I too thought it was funny when they were walking over the coppice and totally by chance ended up in Ferngore lol. They also ended up driving up the tops of Ferngore just where Green howarth school is.

And did you see all the dodgy wallpaper?? my god that was trendy. And another thing I laughed at was the striped pillow cases and bottom sheets................ come on you know you all had them!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 21:46   #73
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_eat_all_the_pies
I am after a copy in any format of "nature of the beast" lynton Deardon starred and it was filmed in accrington
I noticed in the accy observer 30 June Page 13 that a Lynton Deardon of Accrington was in for a minor motoring offence, could this be the same person ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 23:26   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I noticed in the accy observer 30 June Page 13 that a Lynton Deardon of Accrington was in for a minor motoring offence, could this be the same person ???
Aye, that will be the same Mr Dearden. I think he's still living and is regularly seen in Accrington.

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 03-07-2006 at 08:37.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 20:01   #75
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Ok which member of accyweb is selling this.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nature-Of-The-...QQcmdZViewItem
Asking too much whoever you are.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..