Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 08:08   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Doe's Anyone Have This Film Please !!!

Well just to cover Accyweb .........this has nothing to do with this site.
But i think its disgusting this member ripping other members off like this .
and i hope you get whats comming to you
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2006, 12:24   #107
I am Banned

Here here Mick

So IF it is someone in here i wonder if they are bolshy enough to own up to it
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:44   #108
God Member

The thing is, if this member had actually been honest about the reason they wanted the film it wouldn't be as bad. I'm all for people making a quick buck, I like money as much as the rest of them, it's the under-hand way they went about it. It makes it even harder to swallow the mocking way they keep posting in this thread saying how wrong it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
So IF it is someone in here i wonder if they are bolshy enough to own up to it
Well it doesn't look like it, they haven't up to now! But I sit in hope that they will, with just a quick explanation, then everyone can just forget it.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49   #109
I am Banned

If i knew who it was i would certainly make that person aware of exactly what i think plus i'd name & shame because this is out of order & they have more than owt abused the good nature of good people here in this forum.
Old 08-07-2006, 13:00   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
If i knew who it was i would certainly make that person aware of exactly what i think plus i'd name & shame
I'd rather not have to resort to that. It will be better if this person has enough integrity to just hold their hands up says "yes, it was me. I'm sorry" All is forgiven then.
Old 08-07-2006, 13:04   #111
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I'd rather not have to resort to that. It will be better if this person has enough integrity to just hold their hands up says "yes, it was me. I'm sorry" All is forgiven then.
Ah well hell will probably no doubt freeze over first before there is an opology here
Old 08-07-2006, 15:09   #112

I have just had a look at the item on ebay again, the payment methods accepted are Paypal and Credit Card. I know Paypal is pretty usual, but Credit Card suggests they are a business.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50   #113
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Come on now you have had time to think about this so it's time to own up, just a quick sorry will do, we are waiting.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:05   #114
God Member

Do you honestly think they'll own up to it now everyone has called them from here to kingdom come! If they'd had any brains though they wouldnt have done it in the first place though!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:39   #115

Just had a look at ebay, the buyer hasn't put any feedback on yet.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 13:56   #116
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
Do you honestly think they'll own up to it now everyone has called them from here to kingdom come! If they'd had any brains though they wouldnt have done it in the first place though!
The thing is certain people know who it is so if they don't come clean they will be exposed anyway, I've always been a person to give someone a chance before I condem them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 14:16   #117
God Member

Well I think they have til 9pm tonight, then they will just have to sit and watch their karma going down the drain.

We have give this person ample chance now to say sorry and have nothing more said about the matter.

So if you want to find out who it is, take note of people's karma now....and people's karma at 9pm...........trust me you will find out that way!!
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 14:53   #118
God Member

karma bombing! Count me in!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 18:06   #119
God Member

Right, I’ve had a number of enquiries as to who the e-bay seller is and with the threat of a 9pm karma bombing looming, I’d hate for anyone innocent to be wrongly deducted karma through shear guess work.

Some people are going to think it’s wrong to name the person, I myself do have mixed feelings about it but feel I have no option now.

who_eat_all_the_pies was kind enough to transfer the video to DVD and make a number of copies at no cost to anyone for the disc. I only distributed the copies to the people who asked for a copy of the film, again at no cost to anyone. It is who_eat_all_the_pies that is the e-bay seller .... or someone that shares their e-mail account.

Some people are going to think it is just as deceitful how I found out who it was, again I have mixed feelings, maybe I should have just left it alone but I was so angry at someone abusing the good nature of the accyweb members who had got this DVD together free of charge.

I bidded on a different DVD by the same seller, making sure I won the highest bid so that it would give me access to a few details that I hoped would give me a clue to their identity. The e-mail address to contact the seller was exactly the same as the e-mail address that who_eat_all_the_pies originally registered on accyweb with (which they’ve since changed) The same e-mail address has also been used on other websites accompanied with the same web name.

Now that I know who it is I’m just bitterly disappointed that they had to mock people in this thread with their comments condemning the seller. The people who think ‘good luck’ to them, I actually do agree to a point, I keep chuckling to myself how cheeky it is. £50 for something recorded from the TV Would I have done it myself? …. Well no I wouldn't. As a very noble person pointed out to me via private message, sometimes it’s just nicer to be nice.
Old 10-07-2006, 18:38   #120

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Dam,i was wrong with my guess-never was very good at whodunnits!
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..