Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 21:00   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: E-Cigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Never even thought of that one but you're right I now feel smugger
I never thought of that either, but i'm smug as hell now cheers Margaret.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:37   #17
Beacon of light

welcome Cashy...very welcome. I applaud you all!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19   #18

My partner used to be a 20-30 a day Pall Mall black or Marlboro Black-strong cigarettes and now has an e-cig and he hasn't smoked since July.

I only ever smoked 'socially' as in when I had an alcoholic drink in my hand!And had only done that for a few years-however I never actually wanted to give it up, I didn't see it as a problem because it wasn't costing me much (if any) money, and I wasn't addicted, never had one during the day or anything.

And then he bought me one for my birthday, and I decided I liked it. Now I don't ever smoke either. We have ones from TotallyWicked. The titan tank ones. I love them. Websites is very useful and the man who runs the shop we go to is lovely and really helpful.
Trouble is, now I've got one of these I actually use it much more often than I ever smoked tobacco. Ah well!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Theres another 3 members i know of got em Margaret, but as they aint posted i aint saying who.
Hahaha, and I'm one of them

Had mine since Monday. Only helping a little at the moment, not keen on the taste and smoking regular cigarettes in between. Is helping a little though and will persevere.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31   #20

Thing I love most about 'vaping' instead of smoking is not having ashtrays and not smelling of smoke!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Hahaha, and I'm one of them

Had mine since Monday. Only helping a little at the moment, not keen on the taste and smoking regular cigarettes in between. Is helping a little though and will persevere.
Pop in the shop in Burnley Kate n tell em, theres different flavours n they are very helpful. I got same one as you sugermouse think its brill.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Pop in the shop in Burnley Kate n tell em, theres different flavours n they are very helpful. I got same one as you sugermouse think its brill.
Shop local
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47   #23
Senior Member+

The Cashman were the one to recomend one to me when we met in the pub about 1 1/2 months ago. I bought the same one that he had and also bought some Strawberry flavoured liquid to go in it.

I were doing very well and nearly gave up all fags but then we had a holiday approaching in Cyprus and as I am not a good flyer ended up buying some at Manchester Airport and standing in the smoking shed there till we took off, a beer in one hand and a "proper" fag in the other!

When we were in Cyprus even though I took the e-fag with me I didnt touch is all week as 20 fags were 2.5 euro's so ended up smoking them all week and coming back with 200!

I am now on both at the min, fags during the day and then at night at home I am smoking the efag so I am trying again.

I do find them very good and they do give you the same "hit" as a proper fag but at the min the only break I get from personal things is going outside for a fag and having 5mins to myself so dont think I will be giving the day fags up any time soon to keep my sanity!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:49   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Shop local

Do you stock the stuff for totally wicked Dave?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
I do find them very good and they do give you the same "hit" as a proper fag but at the min the only break I get from personal things is going outside for a fag and having 5mins to myself so dont think I will be giving the day fags up any time soon to keep my sanity!
Does it say in the instructions that you can't smoke them outside?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Does it say in the instructions that you can't smoke them outside?

Oi you, dont start.

Mind over matter and the ways things are going if I wanna "proper" fag I will because it gives me more satisfation than a efag at the min
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45   #27
Senior Member+

im tempted to try one of these, i have given up twice in 2 years lasted 12 months then fell back in and for the last few weeks have been smoking again, doesnt help that mrs church still smokes

so think it might be worth a try!!!

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 13:07   #28
God Member

They do all the stuff you need at Bluntzilla next door to the hope and anchor, i got my strawberry and menthol mix off them and have been in today and got a chocolate, they let you try all the different flavours they do too...which helps a lot when you're not sure which to buy
Old 09-11-2012, 13:51   #29
Senior Member+

flashy, you've gone without a cigarette and your e cig doesn't even have nicotine in it?
Just shows how much of it is habit as well as addiction.
Must try these, life is difficult these days when you're one of the Great Unclean. Anyway I can use the money and need the extra oxygen!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 14:25   #30
God Member

It is habit Gordon, i would say i only used to smoke about 5 a week anyway, i 'vape' because i like the taste, from that 5 a week it's gone to none a week

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..