Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 16:49   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: E-Cigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Ah my old friend polyethylene glycol, the water soluble wax... takes me back!

Thirty years ago when I worked as an archaeological conservator on the Mary Rose in Portsmouth, we used PEG to preserve wood and leather items by soaking them in a PEG solution and then freeze drying them to remove the water. Later a similar technique was use to preserve the hull of the ship.

Mary Rose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some months ago I had to have a colonoscoy, preparation for which involves washing out the intestine with a laxative. I was presented with several litres of liquid to drink, the chief ingredient of which was listed as Macrogol. Imagine my surprise when this turned out to be - polyethyene glycol!

Whole bowel irrigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A very versatile substance, I think you'll agree.
Old 17-02-2013, 09:21   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
The people I know that have them don't use them for long before they are back on the real thing
Cashy and Accyman are still using um and they've both been on them for quite a while, accyman was using his while round at my place last week, I had no problems with it what so ever, I'm all for them.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 09:24   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I had no problems with it what so ever, I'm all for them.
You used one?
Old 17-02-2013, 09:37   #49
God Member

been using mine since October (ish), not had any problems with it
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 10:25   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You used one?
No Rob, no need too I haven't smoked for 35 years, what I'm saying is the "smoke" these things give of had no effect on my chest what so ever whereas cigarette smoke would have me coughing and spluttering all over the place, but wouldn't have been aloud in my gaff in the first place
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The people I know that have them don't use them for long before they are back on the real thing
Perhaps thats cos they bought a cheap version? Which is crap as i discovered, The one i have cost £60 n am still using it all these months on, So paid fer it self in less than a fortnight.Theres quite a few cheap versions about which cost £20 or so I have tried a couple, plus listened to people that have used others n don't rate em at all, its what works fer the individual, Can't afford a dear un is no excuse, cos of what fags cost these days,
flashy likes this.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36   #52

I've never tried a different one but I agree because of what people have told me-they're definitely not something you should skimp on-particularly as they save so much money in the long-run.

(Unless you're me, who when she first got hers, lost about three of them on the trot and kept having to get new ones )....
Old 03-03-2013, 13:31   #53
Beacon of light

I was in our local papershop yesterday and the chap in front of me spent £72 on cigarettes.....I was horrified to see how little he got for his money.....would guess it was his supply for the week.
I'm so glad it is a habit I never took to.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 13:34   #54
Senior Member+

Agree Margaret, I'm glad I never got hooked. Smoked one ciggy when I was 15 ,coughed that much and said never again.To this day I have not tried another
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 14:05   #55
Beacon of light

I never even had a puff of a cigarette......though I was coaxed to try them, I didn't like the smell of them.
Old 03-03-2013, 14:10   #56
Beacon of light

that combined with the fact that I never did anything because 'everyone else was doing it'.........I always wanted to be different...or, as my mother would say,'perverse'.(though not in respect of cigarettes - I think she was quite glad I never took up the habit. It meant I always had some of my 'spends' left when there was more week left than money)
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 03-03-2013, 14:20   #57
Senior Member+

Go on, go on,bask in it, rub it in.
There's only one thing worse than a non smoker- that's an ex-smoker.

If we didn't pay all that tax they'd have to shut the NHS down, overall we don't cost it- we pay for it. And we die younger so take less pension, occupy care homes less etc.
Smoking should be compulsory- it would help resolve the 'ageing population problem'.

After all that, don't tell anyone but we've been looking up e cigs( the better ones as cashman suggested)- dear but as he says you soon get your money back. If they work we won't need the NHS so you won't need our taxes.

We'll see.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 14:25   #58
Senior Member+

They'll find something else to tax us on
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Go on, go on,bask in it, rub it in.
There's only one thing worse than a non smoker- that's an ex-smoker.

If we didn't pay all that tax they'd have to shut the NHS down, overall we don't cost it- we pay for it. And we die younger so take less pension, occupy care homes less etc.
Smoking should be compulsory- it would help resolve the 'ageing population problem'.

After all that, don't tell anyone but we've been looking up e cigs( the better ones as cashman suggested)- dear but as he says you soon get your money back. If they work we won't need the NHS so you won't need our taxes.

We'll see.
I've seen the EU have been anticipating a 'ban' on them. I do wonder if It's related to the fact that cigarettes have such a correspondence to economy :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I never even had a puff of a cigarette......though I was coaxed to try them, I didn't like the smell of them.
I hate the smell too-and weirdly I did even when I did smoke tobacco. Especially stale ashtrays-not so bad if I'm around smokers when they're smoking, It's when they've been left to fester a while that makes me feel sick.
Old 12-06-2013, 18:12   #60
Senior Member+

Well, it was inevitable- more EU interference, UK falls in line.
From 2016 e cigs will have to be licensed as A MEDICINE?? BBC internet news. Unbelievable!
They should still be available, not clear how easily, but with regulation, safety checks etc the cost is bound to go up even if the firms don't go bust.
They just can't leave us alone, can they?
Still, if they're medicines those who qualify should be able to get them free on prescription, shouldn't they?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..