Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 18:29   #61
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: E-Cigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well, it was inevitable- more EU interference, UK falls in line.
From 2016 e cigs will have to be licensed as A MEDICINE?? BBC internet news. Unbelievable!
They should still be available, not clear how easily, but with regulation, safety checks etc the cost is bound to go up even if the firms don't go bust.
They just can't leave us alone, can they?
Still, if they're medicines those who qualify should be able to get them free on prescription, shouldn't they?
I'll stick to me fags, less persecution and what the hey, it must be good for you or else MargaretR wouldn't smoke, would she?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2013, 18:50   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
it must be good for you or else MargaretR wouldn't smoke, would she?
All part of her recipe for stress free living, Less.
Although I would have thought anyone who can't handle tree pollen, gas central heating or air fresheners would have problems with Golden Virginia. Better to be smoking a laxative/antifreeze, I would have thought.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 19:01   #63

E-Cigs

Quote:
Although I would have thought anyone who can't handle tree pollen, gas central heating or air fresheners would have problems with Golden Virginia. Better to be smoking a laxative/antifreeze, I would have thought.
Yes at last, you remember a tale something like, a monkey on your back and the only way to remove it is to fool someone to volunteer carrying it for you?
Well allow me to introduce you to your monkey, mags, oh, mags, Gordon is ready for you now anytime you want, shout at him in future!
Old 12-06-2013, 19:06   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes at last, you remember a tale something like, a monkey on your back and the only way to remove it is to fool someone to volunteer carrying it for you?
Well allow me to introduce you to your monkey, mags, oh, mags, Gordon is ready for you now anytime you want, shout at him in future!
Now, Less, you know you enjoy being a monkey!
Anyway, try as I might I doubt if I could out- monkey you. Also you know MargaretR would miss you.
Old 12-06-2013, 19:07   #65
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I refer you to post four in this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ted-64370.html
Old 12-06-2013, 19:33   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I refer you to post four in this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ted-64370.html
Precisely, susie. All we smokers know what damage we are doing to ourselves so there's no point in complaining.

Back to thread- I'm trying an e cig( a good one as cashman recommended) and it does help but I haven't got anywhere near a full switch over yet.

Perhaps bringing a load of cheap cigarettes and tobacco back from Ibiza in May wasn't a good idea!
Old 13-06-2013, 07:40   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Precisely, susie. All we smokers know what damage we are doing to ourselves so there's no point in complaining.

Back to thread- I'm trying an e cig( a good one as cashman recommended) and it does help but I haven't got anywhere near a full switch over yet.

Perhaps bringing a load of cheap cigarettes and tobacco back from Ibiza in May wasn't a good idea!
There's always the dustbin for the stash you brought back from Ibiza Gordon
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 14:47   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There's always the dustbin for the stash you brought back from Ibiza Gordon
Wash your mouth out! Dustbin all that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!
Would you throw rolls of fivers in the bin- goes against my careful nature.
Anyway, after 50 years I reckon it's too late to worry about the harm my little stash might do me. It'll soon be gone. Then I can concentrate on the e cig.
Trouble is, we'll be off on holiday again by then!
Old 13-06-2013, 15:18   #69

E-Cigs

Quote:
Wash your mouth out! Dustbin all that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!
Would you throw rolls of fivers in the bin- goes against my careful nature.
Anyway, after 50 years I reckon it's too late to worry about the harm my little stash might do me. It'll soon be gone. Then I can concentrate on the e cig.
Trouble is, we'll be off on holiday again by then!
Leave jay alone, he's an ex smoker, he even after all these years remembers what year and day he took his last fag!
Deny it as he might, he's still an addict to the weed, just like a heroin addict, none of us are ever cured no matter how long since the last fix.
Old 13-06-2013, 16:36   #70
God Member

Quote:
Well, it was inevitable- more EU interference, UK falls in line.
From 2016 e cigs will have to be licensed as A MEDICINE?? BBC internet news. Unbelievable!
They should still be available, not clear how easily, but with regulation, safety checks etc the cost is bound to go up even if the firms don't go bust.
They just can't leave us alone, can they?
Still, if they're medicines those who qualify should be able to get them free on prescription, shouldn't they?

so with the only speciific drug in them been nicotine are they now saying nicotine is a medicine and if so what does it cure.

a lot of people mix tehir own liquid some with no nicotine in at all so the only ingredients would be vegetable glycirine and proplene glycol which are both food additives and can be found in the food section at asda for example

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 17:13   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Leave jay alone, he's an ex smoker, he even after all these years remembers what year and day he took his last fag!
Deny it as he might, he's still an addict to the weed, just like a heroin addict, none of us are ever cured no matter how long since the last fix.
Well your right and wrong Less, right in saying I know the date I stopped, wrong in saying I'm still addicted, never used to bother me when smoking was allowed in pubs, it was just a nuisance wafting passed my nose
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 17:31   #72
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
all that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!
Is this a cross over? Challenging the assumptions from the "Who owns what?" thread?
Old 13-06-2013, 18:07   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so with the only speciific drug in them been nicotine are they now saying nicotine is a medicine and if so what does it cure.

a lot of people mix tehir own liquid some with no nicotine in at all so the only ingredients would be vegetable glycirine and proplene glycol which are both food additives and can be found in the food section at asda for example
I'm sure flashy said hers were zero nicotine but she still stopped cigs( although she wasn't a heavy smoker). So in her case which bit is the medicine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Is this a cross over? Challenging the assumptions from the "Who owns what?" thread?
You've got me there, DinG-elaborate please. It's all this carbon monoxide in my blood, stops me thinking(or perhaps it's senility).
Old 13-06-2013, 18:22   #74
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
You've got me there, DinG-elaborate please. It's all this carbon monoxide in my blood, stops me thinking(or perhaps it's senility).
Just that the "Who owns what" thread wandered into the realms of GCHQ, listening in, reading peoples mails & comments on websites, picking up "Key words" then paying more attention to the individual making said comments.

So when someone reads "All that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!" eyebrows may be raised & someone'll be knocking on your door to ask a few questions Gordon.
Old 13-06-2013, 18:44   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So when someone reads "All that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!" eyebrows may be raised & someone'll be knocking on your door to ask a few questions Gordon.
Got-cha. As long as they don't try to 'cadge a fag' off me I'll welcome them in.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..