Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2013, 07:46   #76
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: E-Cigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so with the only speciific drug in them been nicotine are they now saying nicotine is a medicine and if so what does it cure.

a lot of people mix tehir own liquid some with no nicotine in at all so the only ingredients would be vegetable glycirine and proplene glycol which are both food additives and can be found in the food section at asda for example

I am going to guess it won't be the machines themselves that will be licensed but the nicotine containing juice. If you want to mix your own no one will be able to stop you.

It does sound sensible though that whatever it is your inhaling has been tested and proven to be safe in the same way as other nicotine replacement gums and patches.
Old 14-06-2013, 07:55   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am going to guess it won't be the machines themselves that will be licensed but the nicotine containing juice. If you want to mix your own no one will be able to stop you.

It does sound sensible though that whatever it is your inhaling has been tested and proven to be safe in the same way as other nicotine replacement gums and patches.
Think you've got that one right Neil, to do otherwise would be like me saying, there's another drug to treat asthma which hasn't been tested but its cheaper than those that have, always better to be safe than sorry
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 20:55   #78
Full Member+

I like a ciggie myself but my daughter is a smoking cessation advisor and she would rather I had a cigarette than an E Cig,. Apparently, one of the components of the liquid in them is formaldehyde (embalming fluid). She says more research needs to be done before they are released on the general public and that they are banned in some countries already.
Old 19-06-2013, 21:53   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have had n E-Cig fer 9/10 months now,after smoking heavy fer oer 50 yrs, everyone says i look miles better, n also lost me cough, But the "Only" reason i gave up is economic not health, otherwise i would still be on fags, Missus also tells me, i have lost me vile smell n breath, summat i'd obviously never noticed, so i'll stick as i am.
Old 19-06-2013, 22:11   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I like a ciggie myself but my daughter is a smoking cessation advisor and she would rather I had a cigarette than an E Cig,. Apparently, one of the components of the liquid in them is formaldehyde (embalming fluid). She says more research needs to be done before they are released on the general public and that they are banned in some countries already.
On the list of ingredients in the liquid I use there is no mention of Formaldehyde. Have you ever smelt that stuff, why would it be in E liquids. Probably those countries that are banning them have dodgy incredients .

Last edited by Retlaw; 19-06-2013 at 22:15.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 07:30   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have had n E-Cig fer 9/10 months now,after smoking heavy fer oer 50 yrs, everyone says i look miles better, n also lost me cough, But the "Only" reason i gave up is economic not health, otherwise i would still be on fags, Missus also tells me, i have lost me vile smell n breath, summat i'd obviously never noticed, so i'll stick as i am.
What's the saving to you Cashy between fags and using E-cigs
Old 20-06-2013, 11:46   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mines dropped to around 10% of what it was when I smoked a pipe.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 11:56   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
About £40 a week. Wi Fags not bacca,
Old 20-06-2013, 14:16   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I'm sure flashy said hers were zero nicotine but she still stopped cigs( although she wasn't a heavy smoker). So in her case which bit is the medicine?

You've got me there, DinG-elaborate please. It's all this carbon monoxide in my blood, stops me thinking(or perhaps it's senility).

lol i did say some have no nicotine.I have a batch of strawberry with zero nicotine in and a seperate bach of tobbacco flavour with a tiny bit of nicotine

basically two things have happened here

1: nicorette have been kicking up a right fuss because they are loosing money hand over fist to e-cigs.Rather than compete they have pestered government and have also started visous lies that e-cigs are dangerous and you dont know whats in them via information they pass on to smoking cessation who promote the hell out of nicorette products

2: just as when diesil was half teh price of petrol government have seen that theres a lot of money been spent on a product and have decided to tax the hell out of it.People switched to diesil cars because fuel was cheaper and you got more miles to teh gallon.This was good because government wanted people to use less fossil fuels for this enviroment bull they were spewing but as soon as the public do as asked government punished them for it.

while i on this matter have you noticed that when all these so called energy saving things came out like those not so light light bulbs and companies made their electronics more energy friendly british gas and others bumped up the cost of electricity and gas ?

the public use less so british gas were taking a hit so charged double for what was been used just like whats happened with diesil

country run by crooks who devise ways of making each other money

soap box away for a bit lol
Less, cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 20-06-2013 at 14:20.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 08:05   #85

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Hold the conspiracy theory view myself, (40 year smoker and 9 months free thanks to the e-cig), which is upsetting quite a few in big business with powerful lobbyists.

Up in Smoke: Distrust of E-cigarettes Cement Big Pharma?s Monopoly | Economy Watch
Old 21-06-2013, 08:28   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hold the conspiracy theory view myself, (40 year smoker and 9 months free thanks to the e-cig), which is upsetting quite a few in big business with powerful lobbyists.

Up in Smoke: Distrust of E-cigarettes Cement Big Pharma?s Monopoly | Economy Watch
Ya there will be some very big noses being put out of joint by E-cigs, Guinness, could end up like a deck of cards
Old 21-06-2013, 08:56   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Don't disagree, personally though i reckon by the time they stuff us proper, i will have stopped anyway. only have a couple of mins tooting a day now.
Old 21-06-2013, 08:59   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't disagree, personally though i reckon by the time they stuff us proper, i will have stopped anyway. only have a couple of mins tooting a day now.
The best thing will be that your health will improve too Cashy, that's the biggest plus
Old 21-06-2013, 09:11   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The best thing will be that your health will improve too Cashy, that's the biggest plus
It already has mate.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:58   #90
Senior Member+

Loss of sales by tobacco companies, NRT companies, pharmaceutical companies but most important loss of tax! Major money losses.
How long before some wizz kid in the Treasury says' We only taxed taxed tobacco because it had nicotine in it and was totally addictive so we got lots of money.So does e liquid so we should tax that similarly. That gives us a win/win situation!'

'Infamy. Infamy! They've all got it in for me'.
MargaretR likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..