Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2009, 07:34   #1
God Member

Exclamation Facebook warning !!!

I don't know if many have realised yet or not but the privacy settings on facebook have all changed, if your account was set to 'private' before, it might not be now

take a look at your privacy settings if you had it set to private

Last edited by flashy; 21-12-2009 at 07:44.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2009, 08:45   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Facebook warning !!!

Just been looking at mine Shaz. I don't like this part "What your friends can share about you through applications and websites"
It is under "Applications and websites" in your privacy settings

It allows friends to share things with other that you might had set as being friends only in the other settings
Old 21-12-2009, 17:41   #3

I have a better setting method for Facebook, just keep clear of it and do not put your proper email address in it if you do.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 18:49   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm wi mattylad on that, don't go near it.
Old 22-12-2009, 11:32   #5
God Member

facebook is a stalkers paradise lol but then again their whole system is seriously flawed

if you have a child of 13 years of age or over and suspect somthing is seriously wrong and want to check on their facebook account facebook will not give parents access to teh account or delete it .Due to teh nature of things on facebook and what goes arond on their poxy site it should be an adult site restricted to 18's and over.

luckily there are other ways to obtain your childs password and monitor their account because facebook couldnt care less about parents concerns or rights.

if anything children should have an alternative to facebook for kids only because so many kids are interacting with adults who they know nothing about apart from what truth or lies they have put in their profiles.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 17:12   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It comes down to parental care again. If my lad wont tell me his password for anything I ask he knows he will loose the PC until he does tell me it and shows me what he is up to.

We look to see who he has added to MSN etc, only friends from school, home and family anyway.
Old 22-12-2009, 19:36   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It comes down to parental care again. If my lad wont tell me his password for anything I ask he knows he will loose the PC until he does tell me it and shows me what he is up to.

We look to see who he has added to MSN etc, only friends from school, home and family anyway.
i prefer a good old fashioned keylogger it was very helpfull in finding out ideas for xmas presents lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 22-12-2009, 20:32   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i prefer a good old fashioned keylogger it was very helpfull in finding out ideas for xmas presents lol
I prefer not to spy on the kids all the time
Old 23-12-2009, 01:48   #9
God Member

Quote:
I prefer not to spy on the kids all the time
if i hadnt put it on when i suspected somthing was up i wouldnt have found out about a situation that needed police involvment and keeping check to be sure its still not happening dosnt seem unreasonable to me.

swings and roundabouts mate id rather keep tabs without constantly interigating my son and when im happy the situation is resolved ill get rid of the key logger.

Old 23-12-2009, 08:02   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
if i hadnt put it on when i suspected somthing was up i wouldnt have found out about a situation that needed police involvment and keeping check to be sure its still not happening dosnt seem unreasonable to me.

swings and roundabouts mate id rather keep tabs without constantly interigating my son and when im happy the situation is resolved ill get rid of the key logger.
In a situation like that it sounds like it is a good idea.

You don't get the fun of beating the truth out of them with a 3 by 2 though
Old 23-12-2009, 11:16   #11
God Member

Quote:

You don't get the fun of beating the truth out of them with a 3 by 2 though
apparently they have " human rights " these days so dont leave any marks mate .

i must admit though i am concerned at the lack of quality of adult boob sites hes visited i may have to throw him some links

i wish we had google when we were 14 its no wonder teenage boys never leave their laptops alone

Old 23-12-2009, 14:23   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
i must admit though i am concerned at the lack of quality of adult boob sites hes visited i may have to throw him some links
Maybe he has not made his mind up yet

Quote:
i wish we had google when we were 14 its no wonder teenage boys never leave their laptops alone
What has being a teenager got to do with anything

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..