Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2009, 07:53   #91

Re: Freecycle

We have had people join just to clear out a recently deceased relatives house, we normally do not allow people from a long way away to join local groups but if they let us know the reason we are always open to helping out.

Last one I know of was from Oxford, clearing his mothers house which all went smoothly.
he then left straight afterwards.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2009, 11:53   #92

Just in case anyone from Blackburn area is reading here.

The Blackburn With Darwen Yahoo group fro Freecycle is about to close.
Instead all members are asked to go to the Freecycle.org website and sign up for what is called "my freecycle" and the "new" site that the Freecycle Network are hoping to replace Yahoo with.

IMO the whole new site (which is a beta & still in development) as naff in comparison to the Yahoo groups. There is absolutely no help with it & the current moderator of BwD is no help whatsoever.
The whole of BwD appears to be going to the dogs & I can see a great many of the current 3000 members not bothering to sign up with it.

I can also see that they will instead try joining the neighbouring Hyndburn group.
(And we have decided that we will welcome them).

I have to say though, there has only been 1 admin email about this & the group closes on the 27th.
A pathetic way to organise a whole groups moving IMO.

Matty
Old 25-01-2009, 12:47   #93
God Member

does that mean i can post on Hyndburn now without getting any grief?
Old 27-01-2009, 14:03   #94

Only when BwD officially closes it's Yahoo group.

From then I wont care as i won't entertain the new site in any way shape or form.
Old 27-01-2009, 14:36   #95
God Member

thank god for that

i wont be signing up for the new Blackburn one anyway
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 08:01   #96

Can I ask why?
Please explain as best you can, so that I can provide feedback to those creating the site
on why members do not want to join it.
Your name will not be mentioned.

Matty
Old 28-01-2009, 08:02   #97
God Member

because i dont trust things i dont know, simple as that, i trust Yahoo
Old 28-01-2009, 09:21   #98

OK cheers.
Old 30-05-2009, 10:11   #99

Well Flashy, it looks like your going to have to bite the bullet & join the BwD crappy site after all.

TFN are rutheless and dont give a toss about the thousands of members they will lose & are determined that the Hyndburn & B&P groups will close & more to the new site.

They are insisting that we appoint their prson as group owner so thatthey can then kick us off, delete all our hard work and then tell the members you have 2 weeks to join the new site before closing the group.

This is how Freecycle work, not like any other charity where you have transparancy at the top, but one where the founder is paid & he is slowly taking all the groups off of Yahoo so he can make more revenue from the advertising there.

There used to be moderators groups where we could discuss organisational issues but they have been stomped on & noone is allowed to show any form of dissent or say anything against how it is run.

I'm sick of it.
I have told them so.

So now they are making almost 4000 people pay for it, as Hyndburn then B&P will close very shortly.

Matty
Old 30-05-2009, 10:52   #100
God Member

Could always use the buy, sell and swap facility on here couldnt we? I wont be rejoining freecycle with the sound of things.
Old 31-05-2009, 19:55   #101

Well they have not closed, they have moved to another network instead.

That way they are not infringing on the Freecyce trademark so they have nothing they can use to shut them down.

Hyndburn Freecycle is now Hyndburn Realcycle.

Just the same, different URL.
Old 31-05-2009, 21:16   #102
God Member

you putting the new url up then Matty?
Old 31-05-2009, 21:48   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you putting the new url up then Matty?
Did he not send you mail?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 22:57   #104

ITs the same but change the "free" to "real".
hyndburnrealcycle : hyndburnRealcycle

Freecycle have already got a replacement group inplace so they can use it as a placeholder
to point people to the freecycle.org website instead.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52   #105
God Member

i didnt get an email

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..