Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 07:31   #106
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Freecycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Well Flashy, it looks like your going to have to bite the bullet & join the BwD crappy site after all.

TFN are rutheless and dont give a toss about the thousands of members they will lose & are determined that the Hyndburn & B&P groups will close & more to the new site.

They are insisting that we appoint their prson as group owner so thatthey can then kick us off, delete all our hard work and then tell the members you have 2 weeks to join the new site before closing the group.

This is how Freecycle work, not like any other charity where you have transparancy at the top, but one where the founder is paid & he is slowly taking all the groups off of Yahoo so he can make more revenue from the advertising there.

There used to be moderators groups where we could discuss organisational issues but they have been stomped on & noone is allowed to show any form of dissent or say anything against how it is run.

I'm sick of it.
I have told them so.

So now they are making almost 4000 people pay for it, as Hyndburn then B&P will close very shortly.

Matty
I am confused by all that mate.

Who is trying to force this change? Who owns the rights to the Freecycle name?

If Hyndburn Freecycle is a Yahoo group that is run by local people, can you not just change the name of the Yahoo group and no longer be part of FreeCycle?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25   #107

The Freecycle Network have the registered name in the UK, inthe US it is trademarked and they get Yahoo to close down any groups using the name.

The group is still being run by & involving local people and has simply changed to the Realcycle Network which is also on Yahoo.
The Realcycle Network was setup by ex Freecycle international moderators who left because they too were not happy with how Freecycle is being run.

AT the bottom we do all the work then get crapped on by those above, changing the group was the only way of preventing TFN from closing it down.
The Freecycle website now has 2 new groups to replace those that have just disappeared except they will run on the freecycle servers and not Yahoo.
The Freecycle sites are crap, but they will get the revenue from any advertising.
More money for Deron Beal.

I'm sure you can google for the discontent in Freecycle.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:02   #108
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I understand now mates thanks for clearing it up. So you have kicked freecycle out, well done
Old 01-06-2009, 14:59   #109
Senior Member+

Quick (blonde) question - Do i need to do register to the new "realcycle's" or will i automatically be registered to them?
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 15:14   #110
God Member

if its like what they did with the Blackburn one Em you will have to re-register i think
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34   #111

No, you do not need to re register.

I have sent emails out twice to all members registered email addresses.

The group is at hyndburnrealcycle : hyndburnRealcycle
to post a message you send it to [email protected] as you normally would except the email address has changed slightly.

On Freecycle there was the"Message Maker" webpage that helped create the posts in the right format etc, however this has now gone too.
It has been replaced by the "Realcycle Realmessenger" which can be linked to from the front page.
As we moved over the weekend, this is currently not configured to include Hyndburn.
I'll see if I can get this done soonest, till then we are just hoping people will try & follow the simple format.
Old 02-06-2009, 16:55   #112

The Realmessenger page now has Hyndburn on it to help people post.
Old 03-06-2009, 16:57   #113
God Member

i wonder what she wants this for, she doesnt even specify what sort of cage she wants lol...how strange

wanted large cage (clayton)
Posted by: "tamgsd" [email protected] tamgsd
Tue Jun 2, 2009 3:58 pm (PDT)

Hi does anybody have an old largish cage they no longer use? I can put it to good use, thanks in anticipation Tam
Old 03-06-2009, 17:55   #114

prob a big dog, an errant husband or even the kids
Old 03-06-2009, 17:56   #115
God Member

or maybe its just sexual?? lol
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31   #116

I think your giving away your own preferences there
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37   #117
God Member

nah i'm more of a handcuffs kinda gal
Old 04-06-2009, 12:46   #118
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
nah i'm more of a handcuffs kinda gal
You need handcuffing
Old 04-06-2009, 14:43   #119
God Member

thats just how i like it Neil lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..