Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 20:14   #1
God Member

Exclamation Hacked

if anyone has had an email from my hotmail account with just a link in it, don't click on the link, i didn't send it, think it's been hacked

sorry
Old 02-10-2010, 20:21   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Hacked

I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you I'm so glad I ignore you

Oh begger the first time I pay attention...
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 23:03   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i get loads of e-mails from meself shaz with orangemail, which i obviously never sent, dunno how to stop it, so mine may be hacked as well.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:38   #4
God Member

Cashy, someone just told me that changing your password will help
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i get loads of e-mails from meself shaz with orangemail, which i obviously never sent, dunno how to stop it, so mine may be hacked as well.
That's coz your billy no mates cashy
Old 03-10-2010, 09:37   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
That's coz your billy no mates cashy
I like him LYNX
Old 03-10-2010, 10:19   #7

Yes - if you can still get into it then change your password.

Although it may just be that your being spoofed.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:03   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
if anyone has had an email from my hotmail account with just a link in it, don't click on the link, i didn't send it, think it's been hacked

sorry
My daughters hotmail account was hijack a month or two back, someone sending out mail in her name. I warned her &
she managed to get into her account and moved all her emails to a new account and shut the old one.
Silly me lookin for her new email address went and opened th spoof mail by mistake, bingo computer knackered, every thing went pear shaped. Sustem restore would'nt work rescue from disk failed had to reformat and start again.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:11   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post

Although it may just be that your being spoofed.
Whats that mean? am totally stupid wi computers.
Old 03-10-2010, 15:51   #10

It means that someone may have sent the email to appear to be from your email address even though it was not. Less likely with hotmail given how easy it must be to hack it.
Old 03-10-2010, 22:14   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
It means that someone may have sent the email to appear to be from your email address even though it was not. Less likely with hotmail given how easy it must be to hack it.
thats what i thought it could be, been happening fer well oer 12 months, dont suppose theres owt i can do about that, short of scrapping me addy n using a fresh one?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:03   #12

use Thunderbird...it's more secure
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 18:33   #13

FAB Virgil...

Thunderbird will do nowt for a web based email system as it is that, that gets hacked - not the pc.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..