Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2013, 09:11   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Happy 10th Birthday To Us.

I know Jaysay but at the time I did not know Roy or Less so it was just I happened to do a Google search for local history and ended up here
and very glad I did, I have really enjoyed the site and still do also meeting new members and the accyweb meets.
yes the site has involved and changed over the years but that is to be expected and a site can only be what the members want it to be and its the members that change it
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2013, 10:04   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I know Jaysay but at the time I did not know Roy or Less so it was just I happened to do a Google search for local history and ended up here
and very glad I did, I have really enjoyed the site and still do also meeting new members and the accyweb meets.
yes the site has involved and changed over the years but that is to be expected and a site can only be what the members want it to be and its the members that change it
Yes Mick its surprising how people come and go on here, I joined in 2005 and very rarely posted at first. I didn't post much until an enforced absence when there was a glitch in the system after I changed from dial up to broadband in 06, When changing my details the system treated me as a new member but didn't send out the confirmation email and I was stopped from signing in for nearly 12 months. I contacted some one on anther website who asked you to sort it out. since then I've never really looked back, I'm now known to make the odd post now and again
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 13:18   #33
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Yes Mick its surprising how people come and go on here, I joined in 2005 and very rarely posted at first. I didn't post much until an enforced absence when there was a glitch in the system after I changed from dial up to broadband in 06, When changing my details the system treated me as a new member but didn't send out the confirmation email and I was stopped from signing in for nearly 12 months. I contacted some one on anther website who asked you to sort it out. since then I've never really looked back, I'm now known to make the odd post now and again
Yes sometimes glitches in computer programming are a blessing, what a wonderful year that was.
Yes you do sometimes make an odd post, I always blame the spell checker for mine, similar to yourself.
shillelagh likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 18:26   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes sometimes glitches in computer programming are a blessing, what a wonderful year that was.
Yes you do sometimes make an odd post, I always blame the spell checker for mine, similar to yourself.
I think all your posts are odd Less
Less likes this.
Old 27-02-2013, 20:42   #35
God Member

Just noticed that this month is my sixth birthday on here.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 21:24   #36
God Member

Six years and three days since I joined.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 12:07   #37
Super Moderator

If this was a tenth anniversary thread on any other local forum, it'd just be a series of polite, predictable posts along the lines of "happy anniversary, here's to the next ten years". On here, we've had ruck between Less and Roy, Jaysay throwing his toys out of his pram and mention of Margaret's derriere. Classic Accyweb - eccentric, argumentative, unpredictable and a perfect illustration of why we are celebrating our tenth anniversary while no other local forum, round here, has achieved that distinction.

Rock on, Accyweb.
Old 28-02-2013, 16:06   #38
I am Banned

I'll add my congratulations to the originators and moderators. Warts & All you have proven the sceptics wrong and accomplished what the naysayers thought impossible.

Well Done.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 17:00   #39
Beacon of light

Whatever is said about Accyweb...it isn't boring.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 18:09   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If this was a tenth anniversary thread on any other local forum, it'd just be a series of polite, predictable posts along the lines of "happy anniversary, here's to the next ten years". On here, we've had ruck between Less and Roy, Jaysay throwing his toys out of his pram and mention of Margaret's derriere. Classic Accyweb - eccentric, argumentative, unpredictable and a perfect illustration of why we are celebrating our tenth anniversary while no other local forum, round here, has achieved that distinction.

Rock on, Accyweb.
Once again Mr. Harris gets it wrong, not my toys Wyn, the empty beer bottles mate
Old 28-02-2013, 18:24   #41
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Once again Mr. Harris gets it wrong, not my toys Wyn, the empty beer bottles mate
Nice to see you're back to your self denial self.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 19:08   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I don't remember mentioning "The Grand Wizard".
.?
Saw an advert on the London Underground today.
I'll have to wander off thread on this one
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 19:27   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nice to see you're back to your self denial self.
Alls well that ends well Less
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Alls well that ends well Less
Are you still here? Thought you'd jumped ship to Facebook!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:46   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well stuff the occasional knobs,i aint going away,so tough titty. My money says no other local forum will last 10 years.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..