Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2013, 18:54   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Happy 10th Birthday To Us.

I can't remember the exact date but I'm sure it's the right month, March 2003 AccyWeb first saw the virtual light of day.
So are we going to celebrate it by putting an engraved plaque on the reception wall, have a right good knees up and celebrate the coming together of so many great minds?

Or

Just presume that it will continue for another ten years with only a few actually making an effort to keep it going?
Retlaw likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2013, 19:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Happy 10th Birthday To Us.

Perhaps if all new members got a bag of jelly babies and a balloon they may stick around after they caused trouble all over the place.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 20:04   #3
Beacon of light

I haven't been here since the first day...but Accyweb has been in my life for the last 8 years....and in the main, it has been enjoyable and informative.
I don't really mind how the tenth birthday is celebrated, I just hope that it keeps on going for at least another ten years...and I hope I'm here to wish it a Happy 21st birthday.
Less likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 08:21   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I can't remember the exact date but I'm sure it's the right month, March 2003 AccyWeb first saw the virtual light of day.
So are we going to celebrate it by putting an engraved plaque on the reception wall, have a right good knees up and celebrate the coming together of so many great minds?

Or

Just presume that it will continue for another ten years with only a few actually making an effort to keep it going?
Its hardly surprising that very few of the original members are still around, doubt if I'll be bothering much longer when the only thing some people are doing is just waiting for me to make a slip, was fun at first but now I'm just getting ref up, everybody makes mistakes on here some make a hell of a lot more than I ever make, so I'm considering pastures new probable join Rindi on Facebook where a lot of the old AccyWebbers now hang out

Last edited by Neil; 24-02-2013 at 09:07. Reason: *'s
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:09   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its hardly surprising that very few of the original members are still around, doubt if I'll be bothering much longer when the only thing some people are doing is just waiting for me to make a slip, was fun at first but now I'm just getting ref up, everybody makes mistakes on here some make a hell of a lot more than I ever make, so I'm considering pastures new probable join Rindi on Facebook where a lot of the old AccyWebbers now hang out
Facebook has its uses but is absolutely useless as a forum.
I use a couple of Facebook pages that are very busy, you can't follow conversations because it has no structure. You check back the next day and there could have been 50 posts and you have no idea where to have read up to.
Old 24-02-2013, 09:28   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Facebook has its uses but is absolutely useless as a forum.
I use a couple of Facebook pages that are very busy, you can't follow conversations because it has no structure. You check back the next day and there could have been 50 posts and you have no idea where to have read up to.
to be honest Neil I don't give a damn really, when you stop enjoying something its getting time to move on, the writing was on the wall when Rindi went, along with a few more who only rarely use AW now, will probably be one of those instead of just deleting AW from my favorites, but there are more enjoyable sites to be on than here these days
Old 24-02-2013, 09:43   #7
Beacon of light

John....I for one would be sad to see you go, but the site is bigger than the sum of its members.....but I agree that when something stops being fun, then you should do one of two things......either stop doing it, or(and this to my mind is the better option) make it fun....and I don't care what anyone says, you have an amazing ability to do that.
I will NEVER sign up to FB........I would rather shove live wasps into one of my body orifices than do that.........I don't care how many of the old crew is on there, I won't be!
BERNADETTE and susie123 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:51   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
John....I for one would be sad to see you go, but the site is bigger than the sum of its members.....but I agree that when something stops being fun, then you should do one of two things......either stop doing it, or(and this to my mind is the better option) make it fun....and I don't care what anyone says, you have an amazing ability to do that.
I will NEVER sign up to FB........I would rather shove live wasps into one of my body orifices than do that.........I don't care how many of the old crew is on there, I won't be!
Well it appears I make it fun for one person every day Margaret, seeing I'm the only one who seems to have a problems with the English language that use this site, he spends every waking hour pointing it out, just wears a bit thin after 18 months solid, at least you can limit your so called friends on Facebook
Old 24-02-2013, 10:05   #9

Quote:
Well it appears I make it fun for one person every day Margaret, seeing I'm the only one who seems to have a problems with the English language that use this site, he spends every waking hour pointing it out, just wears a bit thin after 18 months solid, at least you can limit your so called friends on Facebook
Well, only 18 months thank goodness for that 'cos you can't mean me, I've been doing it for 8 years.
Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back to being Jaysay.
mobertol likes this.
Old 24-02-2013, 10:08   #10
God Member

Quote:
John it seems that it is now your turn to be targeted by the "Great I Am"
Put him on ignore, show him the respect he deserves.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:09   #11
Senior Member+

ah SOD EM John!

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:10   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
...at least you can limit your so called friends on Facebook
Only sort of. You can block someone so you can't see their posts like on here. If you are both in the same group you can see each others posts and interact with each other unless you add them to your banned list. Again just like on here
Old 24-02-2013, 10:28   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
John it seems that it is now your turn to be targeted by the "Great I Am"
Put him on ignore, show him the respect he deserves.
Roy I'm not on about Less far from it, Less is Less, and we both give as much as we get, in fact he's quite a nice guy really but shussssssss don't tell him it'll go to his head
Old 24-02-2013, 10:45   #14

Quote:
Roy I'm not on about Less far from it, Less is Less, and we both give as much as we get, in fact he's quite a nice guy really but shussssssss don't tell him it'll go to his head
what a shame his first post in ages and he still shows his nasty side of jumping to the wrong conclusion.
Old 24-02-2013, 12:01   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
what a shame his first post in ages and he still shows his nasty side of jumping to the wrong conclusion.
I don't remember mentioning "The Grand Wizard".
I choose my friends very carefully and you are not one of them. Maybe that's my nasty side.?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..