Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2013, 03:32   #1

Health problems

Just been reading your blog, Mick. Sorry to hear you are having so many health problems, I do hope you can keep on top of things. Easy for me to say, must be very worrying for you. Hope nothing else goes wrong for you.
Him indoors has just found out that one of his kidneys has shrunk to virtually nothing, and to keep his other one healthy he now has to drink a lot of the stuff he previously considered was only good for washing with.
Mind you, he blames all his health issues on having STOPPED smoking 4 years ago – nothing to do with the fact that he’s getting old, or the 60 or so years he WAS smoking....thinks that's what kept him healthy!!!!!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2013, 08:20   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Health problems

Its a contentious thing,stopping smoking, i know quite a few thats been rough as rats since stopping n were fine beforehand, Yet i stopped after oer 50 yrs smoking approx 14 months ago n have been fine, in fact quite a few folk have remarked how well i'm looking n some of those didn't even know i'd stopped. so i'm unsure either way to be honest.Leaning more towards its a good thing though.
Old 29-09-2013, 08:27   #3
Beacon of light

Re: Health problems

I haven't ever smoked......but my husband gave up more than 20 years ago...it was hard going for him and he slipped back a couple of times......he still says there are times when he could murder a ciggie.

As we get older we are all subject to health problems of one sort or another...you just have to soldier on...keep taking the pills, do as you are told and be grateful when you wake up this side of the grass each day.

Saying that,(thankfully and touching wood) there's nowt much wrong wi' me!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..