Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2016, 13:20   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: How To Re-Decorate A Micro-Wave Oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
imself went into town today and came back with a microwave egg cooker...he paid the princely sum of 50 pence for this
P.M. it to me. (Still waiting for a volunteer to clean a microwave oven).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2016, 13:25   #17
Beacon of light

I will post a picture of the egg cooker.....but apologies Less...I won't be coming over to clean your microwave
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 13:34   #18
Beacon of light

Less here is a picture of the egg cooker.
Himself saw it on a market stall.......there were a few of them , but he knows not to buy more than one until he ask been given the OK from me.
(that makes him sound hen pecked - he isn't......but he knows that i hate having stuff cluttering up the place if it is not going to be used)
it takes one minute cooking time in a microwave that is 650w......a shorter cooking time if you have have a high power microwave(or reduce the power)...the egg then has to stand for 20-30 seconds...and you can eat it out of the pot like you would a boiled egg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (453.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-02-2016 at 13:36.
Old 07-02-2016, 13:57   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I won't be coming over to clean your microwave
Looks like it will have to wait until Monday then, I'm busy counting, grading and alphabetizing my Saudi Arabian sand grain collection, an important job that I've dreaded doing but at the moment seems far more attractive than the alternative.

This is me pictured in front of a small part of my collection.
Old 07-02-2016, 14:04   #20
Beacon of light

I think that job you are on now will take you way past Monday Less!
Man up, don those fetching marigolds, mix up some fairy liquid in some hot water.....And go to work on an egg.
Hey, that would make a damn good advertising slogan.
Old 07-02-2016, 14:19   #21

Will you stop interrupting? I've lost count and will have to start again...

...one grain of sand, two grains of sand, three grains of sand, oh, it's brew time!
Old 07-02-2016, 14:51   #22

While I'm having my brew I'll catch up with this months issue of 'Sand Collecters Of The World Magazine'. I nearly didn't sign up for it but the first issue was half price, each issue comes with an individually wrapped grain of sand and once you start collecting you can't miss any of the magazines or your collection will never be complete.

I see on the letters page there are rumours that the special edition Blackpool beach give away bonus pull out pages, will be in issue 1,000,597,805,799 if they can get it to press on time. I can't wait.

Last edited by Less; 07-02-2016 at 14:54.
Old 07-02-2016, 15:26   #23
Senior Member+

Is that a Thwaites brew?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 15:45   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Is that a Thwaites brew?
Don't be silly, it would be irresponsible to sort such a valuable collection whilst intoxicated, I'd never forgive myself if I was to mix some of my Australian red with my original Lebanese black.

Here's an interesting fact about my Lebanese collection, my dad was a Desert Rat and he smuggled some out in his boots just so I could get an early start ahead of all those geeks that just jumped on the bandwagon when sand became a popular pastime.

Here's a picture of me in front of a small part of my Lebanese collection.

Do you know that back in 1957 we had our Annual Convention in Southport and the tide hasn't been able to get up the beach since then, just because some silly sod was clumsy and allowed his Moroccan Gold to spill off his exhibition table.

Last edited by Less; 07-02-2016 at 15:48.
Old 08-02-2016, 00:41   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

13/ (Unlucky for some), don't hold your breath, sympathy is a scarce element
If you want sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary between "shiite" and "syphilis". Maybe pickled eggs would be a better alternative. And they sit quietly in the fridge next to the beer until you need them.

Microwaves are useless ... and they encourage leftovers ... if there is anything left over it should be eaten cold. A piece of last nite's pizza with not too many cigarette butts in it! Breakfast of champions.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:12   #26

Michael, I do hope you are well on your way to recovery now. Wasn't that so very kind of Less to create a situation to make you feel better, nothing like a good laugh to do just that. He's all heart.

Less, I think we all had a good laugh out of you, sorry about that. I could just picture it. I did once blow up three eggs that I had put in a pan of water to boil - then forgot all about them...until there was an almighty bang as the pan lid blew off. Talk about 'she doesn't even know how to boil an egg' - but I do know how to make them explode! Bit of a mess there as well.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:52   #27
Resting in Peace

Less cover the inside of your microwave in cling film next time this will make it easy to clean all the egg off it if it happens again

Don't forget it's pancake day tomorrow this will be a challenge for you to make in the microwave
Made fresh not out of a packet

Last edited by Mick; 08-02-2016 at 07:10.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 21:34   #28

So, there I was this morning, yet again let down by the female of the species, (no Margaret not just you, I do play the helpless male with other women).

I looked at many ways that I could get what was now beginning to be a fossilised version of egg removed from my main form of food warming instument.
Some of you may remember my thread about cleaning a vacuum cleaner in a dish washer,
however to clean a microwave using this method wouldn't work to get at the eggy bits I would have to leave the door of the microwave open AND remove any electrical bits (not enough room).

So I took the bull by the horns, turned on the hot tap and filled a sink with cleaning chemicals.

The problem seemed to be as soon as the water hit the guts it cooled and anything I touched congealed back where it started.

Then I hit on the idea, put the oven on for an hour let it burn everything to a crisp then use a scraper to remove the ashes.

Yep that works except, now I've re-assembled the oven, instead of going beep, beep, beep to signify the end of a cycle, it just sort of goes burp, hic, tilt and game over.

Anyone out there that knows a woman that has natural tendencies towards house cleaning, I'm beginning to believe she could be cheaper than a replacement oven.
Old 12-02-2016, 23:06   #29
Beacon of light

Less, oh dear.....that really sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Not that I am sure that I really believe your version of events(after all this IS anything goes).
I am not going to volunteer to be your cleaning lady......I have enough on. What with doing the cooking for Ma, doing her bag wash and running the vacuum over her carpets when she is feeling a bit limp.
But.....I will give you a tip.
This is for those dishes that are crusty with baked on food(I have no doubt that this would work equally well on the inside of the microwave).....a bowlful of very hot soapy water(the washing up liquid that is on offer at Asda will do for the bubbles).....into this goes a scoop (or a tablespoonful) of soda crystals.
Dunk the offending dish in the water for a few minutes and all the crusty baked on food should come off with little effort.

Now obviously you cannot dunk a microwave in this solution, but what you can do is put some of this wonderful liquid(well, it is wonderful as long as you don't try to drink it) into a squirter bottle(let the liquid cool a bit if you don't want a melted plastic bottle on your hands) and squirt the inside of the microwave with this liquid(not too much or it will just run out onto your counter and the floor).....leave it to digest the grime and then wipe inside the microwave. This should do the job Less.
Old 13-02-2016, 09:50   #30

Actually Margaret, to clean a microwave place a bowl of water in it boil for 10 mins anything crusty gets steamed and softens, oven is nice and warm a damp cloth shifts the lot.
Do try this at home.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..