Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2018, 14:51   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I Think I'm Going To Be A None Smoking, None Drinking, Methodist In my Next Life.

(I'd also become celibate but this life didn't put forward many chances in that field).

The reason?

Well thanks to the way of Govt interference with our freedom to choose which vices will kill us first, pubs are closing faster than pot holes grow on Hyndburn Rd, ashtrays are no longer allowed in the few remaining pubs, dedicated lemmings like myself have fewer and fewer choices of where we wish to drink in and the type of company we want to drink with.
Added to that when it comes to having a quick puff we end up like bouncers all huddled around the front doorway unable to cough in case we draw the attention of the dreaded fag police who are ready to pounce the moment your dog end hits the ground.
Today however was fun, stood at the door drawing fanatically on my filter tip when a ginger headed drunken moron came around the corner and demanded to know if 'Terry' was in.
My reply was I don't know. His retort, why not? My next reply, because I don't know everyone in here.
You must know Terry he said she's the landlady, no I replied I didn't know the pub had changed hands.
He is getting a little frustrated I could tell by the way his language was going from swearing to filth.
It hasn't changed hands she's run it for years, you must know Terry, blonde haired, mid 30's.
A penny somewhere in the distance dropped, ah, you don't mean Terry, you must mean Kerry the barmaid the landlord is called Bob. Why don't you go in and see if she's in?
I can't go in I've been barred from here for annoying customers though I don't know why, I just wanted to find out.
Well said I whilst relighting my fag, if you do find out please come back and tell me, I really can't imagine what you could possibly have done to upset folk.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2018, 20:36   #2
Beacon of light

Re: I Think I'm Going To Be A None Smoking, None Drinking, Methodist In my Next Life.

I see that you have not yet got rid of the ass-hole magnet Less.
Less likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 13:07   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: I Think I'm Going To Be A None Smoking, None Drinking, Methodist In my Next Life.

It's like fishing in a barrel Margaret, the smaller the number of pubs the bigger the chance of meeting up with arse hole's from all walks of life.
Being a coffin dodger like cashy I can remember not only the times when there was a pub on every corner offering you a chance to avoid such folk, the pubs back then weren't open plan so if you foolishly wandered into their company for a couple of pennies per pint more you could dodge them by moving into the lounge.

Now sadly, there is no alternative but to put up with their ignorant ways.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 13:27   #4
Beacon of light

Yes....as you know I am of the same generation as Cashy.
Back in the day you could retreat into the snug.....and women certainly were not allowed in the tap room....that was the chaps domain where they could discuss things in a ribald way.

I don't think manners have improved.....and watering holes are diminishing by the day.
Sad really as they were the social hub.....there is much talk about the problems of lonely older folk.....and going to the pub used to be the thing that would guarantee company if you wanted it....a game of darts or dommies.
Gone now.
Thankfully,my days going drinking in pubs are gone.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..