Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 21:21   #16
God Member

Re: I'd do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I thought little Sarah's 'Maybe This Time' was brilliant, and Samantha's 'Somewhere was spine chilling'.

I can't see the appeal with Jess, nor agree with all the praise that is heaped upon her. To me, the way she sings out of the side of her mouth, makes it look like she has had a stroke. Not Nancy for me I'm afraid.

Still love Blackpool Nancy though.

I forgot to mention Blackpool Nancy. I like her too. She reminds me of Shelley from Corrie.

Speaking of mouths, I wouldn't like Francesca to be Nancy, she looks like Mr Ed.

Oooh we're bitchy tonight, aren't we?
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2008, 21:30   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
We'll be bowing to Sir Andrew next, before passing more judgements from our comfy seats.

I like Niamh too. Fragile, but showing some inner strength, and a great voice.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 21:39   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Speaking of mouths, I wouldn't like Francesca to be Nancy, she looks like Mr Ed.

Well, they are there to be judged by the public and 'the experts' so don't feel too bad.

Talking of Mr. Ed... thought I would google and find a funny picture, but, hey ...we were duped all those years .....

Urban Legends Reference Page: Lost Legends (Horse of a Different Color)

Can't believe that !!!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 21:44   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, they are there to be judged by the public and 'the experts' so don't feel too bad.

Talking of Mr. Ed... thought I would google and find a funny picture, but, hey ...we were duped all those years .....

Urban Legends Reference Page: Lost Legends (Horse of a Different Color)

Can't believe that !!!

Fancy that! It turns out he was a zebra not a horse.

You learn something every day.
Old 12-04-2008, 21:54   #20
Resting in Peace

Just come back from Benidorm where Nancys are ten a penney,not to mention Fagans and pickpockets-Came back skint and had to stand up while typing this response
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 21:57   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
-Came back skint and had to stand up while typing this response
Am trying really, really hard Benipete to understand that last remark ..
Old 12-04-2008, 22:00   #22
Resting in Peace

Talking Re: I'd do anything

Quote:
Am trying really, really hard Benipete to understand that last remark ..
It's new to me also
Old 12-04-2008, 22:05   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
-Came back skint and had to stand up while typing this response

The prostitutes cost a fortune..... and either beat u or gave u crabs
Old 12-04-2008, 22:13   #24

I wouldn't like Francesca to be Nancy she seems to sing with a lisp
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 22:21   #25
God Member

Quote:
. And how could they possibly even consider that a black person could play Nancy or Oliver !! Charles Dickens would turn over in his grave !!. Please don't come up with Othello.
Why ? ........so I suppose the idea of having a hook nosed Jew playing Jesus would also be out of the question
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olivertwist.JPG (19.4 KB, 0 views)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 23:53   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Why ? ........so I suppose the idea of having a hook nosed Jew playing Jesus would also be out of the question
I quite agree. No mention is made as to Nancy's ethnicity in Dicken's book, and the east end of London, being one of the busiest ports in the world, was a real melting pot of people from all over the world.

According to this site, by the end of the 1860's there was a black population in London of between 5-10,000 people, most of whom I suspect because of economics were living in the east end, rather than the more rarefied west of London.

Black Communities of Eighteenth-Century London

Nancy, you could be black....except the last black girl left isn't very good.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 06:34   #27
God Member

I think the show is quite good, the red curly girl is my favourite but I can't remember her name, quite like Niamh too, but she disappointed me tonight wanted a bit more oomph.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 09:52   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
The prostitutes cost a fortune..... and either beat u or gave u crabs
S&M and sea food how much was that? I need to get out more
Old 13-04-2008, 10:00   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I quite agree. No mention is made as to Nancy's ethnicity in Dicken's book, and the east end of London, being one of the busiest ports in the world, was a real melting pot of people from all over the world.

Nancy, you could be black....except the last black girl left isn't very good.
I know all this Garinda, thought someone of intellectual ability may come back and argue the point. Just would not be the same for me, that's all .. Oliver is one of my favourite musicals and would be distracted from what I consider a mis-casting.

This is how Dickens described her and Rose, didn't say what type of colour her face was, but sure he did not mean black:-

"They wore a good deal of hair, not very neatly turned up behind, and were rather untidy about the shoes and stockings. They were not exactly pretty, perhaps; but they had a great deal of colour in their faces, and looked quite stout and healthy. Being remarkably free and easy with their manners, Oliver thought them to be very nice girls indeed. Which there is no doubt they were. [Oliver Twist, p.62]"

Steeljack: Don't think out of the question at all that Jesus could be portrayed by a dark skinned, hook-nosed jew .. that's what he was.
Old 13-04-2008, 10:07   #30
God Member

Quote:
I know all this Garinda, thought someone of intellectual ability may come back and argue the point. Just would not be the same for me, that's all .. Oliver is one of my favourite musicals and would be distracted from what I consider a mis-casting.

This is how Dickens described her and Rose, didn't say what type of colour her face was, but sure he did not mean black:-

"They wore a good deal of hair, not very neatly turned up behind, and were rather untidy about the shoes and stockings. They were not exactly pretty, perhaps; but they had a great deal of colour in their faces, and looked quite stout and healthy. Being remarkably free and easy with their manners, Oliver thought them to be very nice girls indeed. Which there is no doubt they were. [Oliver Twist, p.62]"

Steeljack: Don't think out of the question at all that Jesus could be portrayed by a dark skinned, hook-nosed jew .. that's what he was.
Can black people not have colour in their faces? Surely they're faces go red too when they blush, cold etc...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv entertainment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..