Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2016, 20:06   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'd Forgotten What Fun a Working Mens Club Can Be!

For the past fortnight I've had a change of venue, it has been a blast from the past, it has been a male dominated environment.

Full size snooker table having dominance, guys playing cards and swearing whenever they wish because the 'Ladies' used the lounge, not because they had to, but because they chose to!

Sports on the T.V. whatever your betting on it would be shown no problem.

Died and gone to heaven, well I thought that.

Tonight however there is a snooker match, at 6.30 everyone had to vacate the 'sports room' whilst preparation was made for the snooker match.

No need to worry, racing etc will be on the T.V. in the lounge.

My first time in the lounge, I parked my bum on a chair giving me a good view of the T.V. (Oh boy had I got it wrong).

I was immediately informed that I was blocking the entrance to the ladies toilet. No problem says I, I'll move over. shuffle shuffle went me and the chair.

Not good enough declared the same person, I want you out of the way.

The place is crowded because everyone is in a smaller room, I can't move anywhere else, I apologetically explain this, she, yes it was a she, demands to know if I know who (whom?) she is.
I have to confess that I don't, she rises to her full ego and informs me she is part of the COMMITTEE, and so is her husband.
Righty oh I say, if you can find me somewhere to sit other than this I'll move.
Don't get stroppy replies she or I'll have you before the COMMITTEE!
I put on my best obsequious manner and declare I wouldn't like to go before the committee, after all I didn't know I was doing wrong.
She announces that she will make do with my apology but will be keeping her eye on me.
After a short while her husband another member of the COMMITTEE, kept going to the bar (No doubt on committee business) but always managed to stagger into my chair, (most uncomfortable).

If however, I meet her again and suffer similar I will make sure she takes me before the COMMITTEE, after all I'm not a member, I wasn't signed in as a guest, which of us would be in line for prosecution?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..