Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 2 Post By Bob Dobson

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 19:53   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm Not Really A Cheap Skate Am I?

Was away from home last week, twas nice to get back and empty my suitcase though.

I discovered I had left my sponge bag with all the necessaries, no toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant so on so forth obviously I had to replace them, simple enough until it came to the sponge, everywhere I went for some reason couldn't find a bath sponge & wasn't prepared to pay upwards of £2.00 for a tiny 'travelling sponge' was about to give in and then lo and behold in the car accessories depth of a local pound shop three car sponges for the price of one.
Now fair does a sponge for Washing cars is far too big for the bathroom but cut in half I now have six sponges for the paltry price of £1!
Call me a tight arse if you want but with the amount of time I spend actually washing I'll probably never buy another sponge again, (unless of course I go away for another six times and leave my sponge bag and contents behind).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-06-2019, 20:19   #2
Beacon of light

Re: I'm Not Really A Cheap Skate Am I?

No.....Less....not tight at all....just sensible and frugal.....
You get the Frugal Freda Seal of approval.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 21:42   #3

Hey Less, since you were in the car accessories department you could have also picked up some Armor All and some Simonize so you could have a nice shiny luster.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:44   #4
Senior Member+

Could I sponge one of them off you, Less? I'm prepared to flannel you about your frugality.
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 13:25   #5
Full Member+

Have you not thought of E bay
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..