Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2018, 15:49   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's Claimed That There Is Nowt New Under The Sun...

Well, I've just spent an afternoon with a guy I haven't seen for the best part of 40 years.
We both spent sometime growing up in our later teens in Clitheroe.
We reminisced about the various pubs, landlords and friends we had during that time (late 60's early 70's).

As we passed the time of day he fell silent for a moment and asked if I remembered the girls called the bogof twins?

I couldn't say that I did until he described them further, we were about 18/19 these girls were 16/17. Ah yes, I do I replied, not physically identical twins but morally identical twins.
Those are the ones he said.
My turn to fall silent and remember the first time I'd met them, I met the younger one first, (only younger by about six minutes but to women age is important).
We'd been chatting for about half an hour (me of course paying for drinks) when she said her sister is waving at her indicating it's time to go home and would I care to walk her?
Of course I was more than willing to!
Then sadness, she would be obliged to walk with her sister but if I bought some carry home beer I could stop for a while, (obviously i thought this would be a waste of time, sister's do tend to kill any hopes of romance) but said O.K. anyway.
Without going into great details, I was completely wrong, not a waste of time but a sleepless & exhausting night after each sister faught for my affections (WOW! fairy tales do come true!).

Anyway back to today.

So, I said, you ended up calling them the bogof twins because by morning you had nothing left and only the strength to say bogof?
No came his reply, a few years later they became full time prostitutes and it was Buy One Get One Free, they carried on working together!

So, back to the title, nowt new under the sun, you think BOGOF was invented by supermarkets? How wrong can you get!
I bet those sisters wish they'd copyrighted that phrase.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..