Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2016, 17:45   #1
God Member

Joyeux Action de Graces

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you ... the harvest is in (well, almost ... Saskatchewan farmers have about 85% of the grain in the bin ... the rest will have to wait until the blizzard is done) and it's time to kick back, gorge on turkey and pumpkin pie, good Canadian beer, wine, and whiskey, and be thankful that we live in a prosperous, free, safe country. Vive le Canada.
dotti34, Stevie R and Turtle like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2016, 17:53   #2

Re: Joyeux Action de Graces

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Eric
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 18:02   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Enjoy your day there colonial cousins!
Turtle likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 18:54   #4
Beacon of light

Happy Thanksgiving Day to Eric and Carolyn. Hope you both have a very happy day.
Turtle likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 19:46   #5
Full Member+

Happy Thanksgiving Eric to you and yours.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 20:35   #6
Senior Member+

They're still getting the grain in but there's a blizzard?
Going to be a long winter?
Well, enjoy it anyway, Eric.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 22:45   #7

Thank you Margaret and Dave. We're cooking our Thanksgiving turkey on Sunday with traditional stuffing and all the trimmings. After this long and very hot, dry summer I must say the cooler weather is welcome. The leaves are starting to fall like snow - but I hope the white stuff holds off for a while yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (601.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-10-2016, 07:36   #8

To Eric and Turtle. Happy Thanksgiving to you both and to your families.
Turtle likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 22:05   #9

It's been a lovely day, although there's a frost warning tonight (got to bring in the remaining tomatoes and cover the Kohlrabi.) We went for a nice drive in the countryside, and enjoyed a good turkey dinner with mashed turnip, scalloped potatoes, German style red cabbage, broccoli pie, beet root, mushroom gravy and of course, stuffing. There's plenty to share with our elderly neighbours and some to feed ourselves for a few days. Miss Pris was eagerly awaiting for some turkey meat to appear in her food bowl. She's well fed now and happily asnooze. Hubby and I are hoping to stay awake for tonight's Clinton/Trump debate (Good grief! Can this get any worse?) but we'll see. Happy Thanksgiving Eric and all my Canadian friends and family. Thank you and Happy Autumn to my AccyWeb friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (458.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-10-2016, 22:12   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
It's been a lovely day, although there's a frost warning tonight (got to bring in the remaining tomatoes and cover the Kohlrabi.) We went for a nice drive in the countryside, and enjoyed a good turkey dinner with mashed turnip, scalloped potatoes, German style red cabbage, broccoli pie, beet root, mushroom gravy and of course, stuffing. There's plenty to share with our elderly neighbours and some to feed ourselves for a few days. Miss Pris was eagerly awaiting for some turkey meat to appear in her food bowl. She's well fed now and happily asnooze. Hubby and I are hoping to stay awake for tonight's Clinton/Trump debate (Good grief! Can this get any worse?) but we'll see. Happy Thanksgiving Eric and all my Canadian friends and family. Thank you and Happy Autumn to my AccyWeb friends
Bloomin Eck, as Jed Clampit would say to grandma, your living high of the hog, sound like you had a good do, even to me an I've been a vegetarian for over 80 years, if it swims, runs or flys I don't eat it.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 22:48   #11

I send you my respect, Walter. My Mum is a vegetarian, one of my nieces is too. I'm made of weaker stuff, sadly.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:16   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A long as there's thick fried Bacon ......... vegetablism doesn't get a look in!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:58   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
A long as there's thick fried Bacon ......... vegetablism doesn't get a look in!

"Vegetarianism" comes from the Cree for "brave can't hunt worth a [deleted]"
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:06   #14
Beacon of light

I could be vegetarian except for my love of bacon.
If ever I am in a coma the two aromas that would revive me is the smell of frying bacon and the scent of toast.
If they waft that under my nose and I do not rise, then to be sure....I'm dead!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:54   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
"Vegetarianism" comes from the Cree for "brave can't hunt worth a [deleted]"
Now Now Eric, thurs no need tu get sarky, I was quite capable of hunting done it but only to extemnate vermin, and if I can take a man out at 1000 yards, your mooses shouldn't be a problem, best get some armur plate
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..