Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2014, 17:01   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Manchester Dogs Home Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Is that what makes a dog unbalanced/unstable, because some prat takes on a dog without researching the breed first.
Yes, I think that in many cases that is why dogs end up needing to be rehomed.
People look at cute little puppies without taking the time to find out what the needs of the animal might be.
I have homed rescue dogs and rescue cats. I have been prepared tp spend my time giving them the care they needed......grooming and training them...but then I love animals.....and had I had the wherewithal to help Manchester Dogs Home I would have done. As it is I have made a small donation whilst out shopping this morning.

There aren't bad dogs....there are only bad and irresponsible owners.....those are the ones who don't research and care for the animals properly.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2014, 17:48   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While I agree it was a despicable act....and put lives at risk, I would not advocate mob rule.
The law is the law.....and an accused person is innocent until judged by a jury do his peers, after due process.
We may not like the way some of the judiciary interpret the law, but it isn't the law which is flawed. It is the interpretation of it.
This is satire, right I always had you pegged for the string 'em up, fry 'em, throw away the key type ... and back to the medieval basics in HM Prisons.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 18:01   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There aren't bad dogs....there are only bad and irresponsible owners.....those are the ones who don't research and care for the animals properly.
I think we have to expand on that Margaret, iresponsible breeders and aye bad kennel owners and dogs home staffers.

Lexi Branson inquest: Family call for new dog re-homing laws after tragic death of little girl - Mirror Online

extract "The family of tragic Lexi Branson last night called for new laws surrounding the re-homing of dogs following an inquest into her horrific death.
Tragic Lexi, four, was killed by a crazed Aylestone Bulldog just weeks after her mother Jodi Hudson bought it for £50 from a local kennels.
An inquest into her death was told staff knew the dog was not suitable to be housed with small children - yet still agreed to sell it.
They also failed to carry out a home visit despite knowing Jodi, 31, lived with Lexi in a two-bedroom flat with no secure back garden.
Senior coroner Trevor Kirkman was told kennel staff had no external training because incredibly there are no current laws in relation to re-homing dogs."

There are bad dogs, how they became bad is another matter.

Last edited by DtheP47; 15-09-2014 at 18:04.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 18:05   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
This is satire, right I always had you pegged for the string 'em up, fry 'em, throw away the key type ... and back to the medieval basics in HM Prisons.
Are yeh stoned again mate? Thats me not Margaret.
Eric likes this.
Old 15-09-2014, 18:25   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Are yeh stoned again mate? Thats me not Margaret.
Of course I'm stoned ... I'm celebrating ... can't quite remember what the occasion is, but it might be something important.
Old 15-09-2014, 18:29   #21
Senior Member+

Manchester Dogs Home Fire

Quote:
Of course I'm stoned ... I'm celebrating ... can't quite remember what the occasion is, but it might be something important.

There's a "y" in today's day?
Eric likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 18:34   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
If, after the due process of law, someone is found guilty.....then I think that prison should offer a deterrent.....not some cushy environment where those involved in crime can further their education.

This doesn't constitute mob rule, or for that matter back to medieval basics.
Old 15-09-2014, 18:39   #23
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I think we have to expand on that Margaret, iresponsible breeders and aye bad kennel owners and dogs home staffers.

Lexi Branson inquest: Family call for new dog re-homing laws after tragic death of little girl - Mirror Online

extract "The family of tragic Lexi Branson last night called for new laws surrounding the re-homing of dogs following an inquest into her horrific death.
Tragic Lexi, four, was killed by a crazed Aylestone Bulldog just weeks after her mother Jodi Hudson bought it for £50 from a local kennels.
An inquest into her death was told staff knew the dog was not suitable to be housed with small children - yet still agreed to sell it.
They also failed to carry out a home visit despite knowing Jodi, 31, lived with Lexi in a two-bedroom flat with no secure back garden.
Senior coroner Trevor Kirkman was told kennel staff had no external training because incredibly there are no current laws in relation to re-homing dogs."

There are bad dogs, how they became bad is another matter.
No..... Dogs are not bad. What you have highlighted are the failings of humans.
And that s an entirely different matter.
You have already said that you have a pathological dislike of dogs so of course you are going to trawl the internet and find scenarios which will fit your agenda.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 15-09-2014, 18:45   #24
Senior Member+

Show me a bad dog, and I'll show you a worse human being.
Old 15-09-2014, 18:58   #25
Senior Member+

After reading the comments (and having a herbal ciggie) I'd like to say thanks for putting things into perspective for me

Perhaps I was a little keen in advocating the "mob rule"

Manchester Dogs' Home arson suspect urged to quit home by police | Mail Online

Allegedly, the 15-year-old bailed on suspicion of causing the blaze that killed these poor dogs was attacked by a dangerously out-of-control dog earlier this year.

Hmmm, So if I get attacked by some violent thuggish chav, does that give me license to burn down HMP Preston in revenge?

The teenager’s family were said to be living in fear after being subjected to death threats.

He shouldn't be subjected to death threats, he should get a lengthy prison sentence for the murder of 50+ lives.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 19:01   #26
God Member

Quote:
There's a "y" in today's day?
Holy feces ... betcha that only happens once in a blue moon

But I'm trying not to think of those dogs, nor of all the other abused animals in the world ... particularly their eyes ... that's why I can't watch those ads put out by the Ontario Humane Societies. Some religiously inclined tangential acquaintance of mine once asked me if I thought animals had souls ... My answer: "No. Because they don't need them." He asked me what I meant. He was that stoopid.

I also try to avoid thinking of all the human suffering in the world, particularly by women and children ... There's just too much pain in their world, and so little in mine ... apart from lifestyle stuff. And again, it's in the eyes.

Man's inhumanity to man, (Robert Burns, I think) and to animals seems to know no bounds.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 15-09-2014, 19:19   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Show me a bad dog, and I'll show you a worse human being.
Yeah Rotherham has it's fair share of both gpick, I may have missed it but I don't think anything like one million pounds has been raised to alleviate the continuing sufferings of the 1400 abused across the Pennines.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 19:26   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah Rotherham has it's fair share of both gpick, I may have missed it but I don't think anything like one million pounds has been raised to alleviate the continuing sufferings of the 1400 abused across the Pennines.
And how would throwing money at this problem help?
This is just a fudge.....a red herring.
Those who were abused by men of Asian origin were failed by human beings.
These were children who were disregarded by those in authority....the police, the social services, the judiciary, the imams and the community.

These children do not need money....no amount of money can take away the memories of that sexual abuse....of being treated like pieces of meat.
And it has absolutely no bearing on this discussion.
AccyMad, cashman, Eric and 1 others like this.
Old 15-09-2014, 19:36   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:

If you feel that strongly about it D, you could always set up a similar kind of fund raiser for them yourself.
Old 15-09-2014, 21:25   #30
Senior Member+

It's refreshing to know that folk will give generously for dogs whilst our British elderly in care homes and children in orphanages suffer abuse and terrible care.
In Korea they're probably salivating at the thought of barbecued dog.
I don't see a million plus raised for say the 2,000+ men, women and children who were locked into a small piece of land and had bombs dropped on them (they had nowhere to go either).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..