Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2014, 05:54   #1
Senior Member+

Angry Manchester Dogs Home Fire

I'm pretty sure most of you have heard about this awful arson attack at a Manchester dogs home.
Manchester Dogs' Home: Simon Cowell 'pledges £25,000' - BBC News

I thought cowell was a cold obnoxious,heartless ass till I read about him donating £25.000 (I believe the total raised is now well over 1milliion).

It seems a 15yr old boy was questioned regarding the fire but has been released on police bail.
15-year-old released on bail after being quizzed by police over arson attack on Manchester Dogs' Home - Manchester Evening News

It goes without saying that,I hope the idiot that started it is caught and severely punished, a good birching wouldn't go a miss, though I won't hold my breath.

'I hear' local residents spoke of hearing the dogs crying/yelping as the fire took hold (it must of been awful for them poor hounds being trapped and burned alive, as if they hadn't already had a rough time

Local tradesmen have generously volunteered to help rebuild the home alongside donating dog food etc, it seems their not even doing it for the publicity (as they aren't mentioning their business names(yet).
Them folk of Manchester should be proud for there quick response and actions (especially them two fellas that tackled the fire saving more dogs that could of lost their life's).

I'll finish by saying that if someone sets fire to a building whatever the excuse and kill animals,risk lives of firefighters etc (in my eyes) they are a danger to society. I hope that justice is done and the person or persons responsible feel the full force of the law.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2014, 06:07   #2
Full Member+

re: Manchester Dogs Home Fire

I heartily agree with you. The person responsible should be severely punished and in my opinion should be banned from keeping any sort of pet for life.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 06:39   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I heartily agree with you. The person responsible should be severely punished and in my opinion should be banned from keeping any sort of pet for life.
In some cases (like this) it's sad that the state took over the responsibility of administering justice from the public crowds of years gone by.
In recent years we've seen the abandonment of common sense, with daft judges and the like allowing these criminals to get off with a smacked on the wrist.

To be honest some folk (like the reprobate that started this fire) are beyond the ministrations of a bunch of the law and idealistic social workers or probation officers. 'Some folk are just plain evil', and there are times, such as this maybe, when a spell of mob rule would allow justice to be done, seen to be done, and understood by even the evilest of reprobates.

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 15-09-2014 at 06:41.
Old 15-09-2014, 07:01   #4
Beacon of light

It isn't justice when you appoint yourself judge and jury without listening to any evidence.
In this country you are innocent until proved guilty. So going back to the days of the posse would be a very backwards step.
Less and Restless like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 07:30   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

As usual Margaret a sane voice answering the rantings of our very own sensationalist.
Of course what was done was a terrible act, however feeble attempts to incite some form of mob rule put neither the poster nor this site in a good light out there in the world.
I for one will be reporting the post, I hope such dramatic tosh will always be below the standards of this site and that it will be removed.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 07:40   #6
Beacon of light

While I agree it was a despicable act....and put lives at risk, I would not advocate mob rule.
The law is the law.....and an accused person is innocent until judged by a jury do his peers, after due process.
We may not like the way some of the judiciary interpret the law, but it isn't the law which is flawed. It is the interpretation of it.
Old 15-09-2014, 08:17   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
As usual Margaret a sane voice answering the rantings of our very own sensationalist.
Of course what was done was a terrible act, however feeble attempts to incite some form of mob rule put neither the poster nor this site in a good light out there in the world.
I for one will be reporting the post, I hope such dramatic tosh will always be below the standards of this site and that it will be removed.
Just your usual hocus pocus today then Less?
And you call me a "creep"
Your a little delusional to say the least about the standards of this site....get a grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While I agree it was a despicable act....and put lives at risk, I would not advocate mob rule.
The law is the law.....and an accused person is innocent until judged by a jury do his peers, after due process.
We may not like the way some of the judiciary interpret the law, but it isn't the law which is flawed. It is the interpretation of it.
I may of let my emotions run away a little with my ranting M but, I hardly think the folk that read this forum are the type to listen to my "prattlings" and form a group with the intent on finding and harming this evil person.

I also admire your confidence in our justice system although I think it's a little misplaced.

password--Accyweb
Old 15-09-2014, 09:58   #8
Senior Member+

Re: Manchester Dogs Home Fire

Don`t think you did yourself any favours with the thread title Accyex. I think having the word "Wuff" in there seemed like you were making light of what happened and has rightly in my opinion been changed now.
Studio25 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 10:12   #9
Beacon of light

Now Jason.....where did I say I had confidence in the justice system?
In fact I mentioned the fact that the justice system is in some ways failed by the interpretation of the law by some of the judiciary.
This does not make the law wrong...just those who interpret it thus.

Do you really thing mob rule would be better........where those with the loudest voice and the biggest stick got the best say?
Would you have a 'shoot now, ask questions later' system?
That would be fine as long as it wasn't one of your children/siblings involved.

We do not know all of the facts in this case...only what the media tells us...and we know that they are not averse to portraying a story in the light which will sell most papers.

It is best to hold your whisht until there is more evidence available.
Old 15-09-2014, 11:01   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
and there are times, such as this maybe, when a spell of mob rule would allow justice to be done, seen to be done, and understood by even the evilest of reprobates.
You should be thankful we don't have mob rule!

If we had you'd probably have been lynched by now.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 14:43   #11
I am Banned

Well declaring my pathological hatred of dogs in the first instance, I am not losing any sleep on the loss of 40 or 50 unbalanced and unstable dogs.

I’ll wager they were in the main status dogs* and animals that were too much for their owners to handle. That’s why they were in the home in the first place.

Granted no creature should suffer a deliberate painful death but there are far worse tragedies going on in the world.
The poor person burned to death in a skip in Manchester last night to name but one.

* Judging by the newsreel footage of the err,erm? fine upstanding citizens, motivated by social media to rush to offer assistance at the scene.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 15:41   #12
Beacon of light

Of course there are worse things happening in the world....the beheading of a British aid worker falls into this category.......and whatever the background of the dogs,(as you rightly observed) they did not deserve to die in such circumstances.
Your scathing appraisal of those who went to help out is uncalled for and unjust.

Some people are animal lovers and some of the dogs who had been put into the home may have been there because of a change in circumstances of the owners.
Those owners who are uncaring/irresponsible just abandon their animals....they do not usually bother to take them to a rehoming centre.

There were a wide variety of dogs who were in the home. Do you call Bichon Frise 'status' dogs?

The bit of the story which is enlightening is that people...locals, cared enough to give of their time, their money and food for these helpless animals.......basic humanity. Kindness...call it what you will.

Children learn kindness by caring for pets.
cashman, shillelagh and gpick24 like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-09-2014 at 15:47.
Old 15-09-2014, 15:58   #13
I am Banned

Had to google Bichon Frise Margaret never heard of one.

Notorious housebreaking difficulties
"Separation anxiety" (destructiveness and barking) when left alone too much.
Frequent clipping of the curly coat
Potential for excessive barking.

Why on this sceptered isle would one give em house room?
No wonder it(they) was in a home.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 16:53   #14
Senior Member+

Manchester Dogs Home Fire

Is that what makes a dog unbalanced/unstable, because some prat takes on a dog without researching the breed first.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 16:54   #15
Beacon of light

Well, they are gentle dogs. All dogs need upkeep and maintenance.....most dogs need a modicum of training too.
It is very easy to see that you are not a friend of dogs. Most dogs give out far more than is expended on them. They give unconditional love. They do not care what you look like, they do not care about your social status. They (unlike humans) do not judge and make sweeping generalisations based on flawed ideals.

There are some dogs that I like far more than some humans.
shillelagh and westendlass like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..