Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Shurm
  • 3 Post By dotti34

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2021, 01:57   #1

Men and Toilet Seats

Here’s a very serious (just joking about the very serious bit) question I’m throwing open for discussion.. It is about an annoying habit that men have and might have already been discussed in an earlier thread, though I can’t find any mention of it. Am sure someone will check and if it has been then my apologies, if it hasn’t then why not?

My question is – why is it so hard for men to put the toilet seat back down when they’ve finished using the loo, whether at home or visiting elsewhere? Is it necessary to have written instructions fixed to the wall as to how to do this? Is it laziness? The only good thing I can say about it is thank goodness they know how to put the seat up in the first place. Putting it down again is just the reverse action, it’s really easy to do. With a bit of practice it will be possible to master it.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2021, 08:13   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Men and Toilet Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

My question is – why is it so hard for men to put the toilet seat back down when they’ve finished using the loo, whether at home or visiting elsewhere? Is it necessary to have written instructions fixed to the wall as to how to do this? Is it laziness?
And

Why is it so difficult for a woman to just put to seat down without complaining? Is it because they like to nag? Men don't complain if the seat is down they just move it.

Yes there were many discussions on this subject already.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 08:45   #3
Beacon of light

I grew up in a mostly male household….having five brothers meant that rarely was the toilet seat down….so I expect to have to put the seat down.
Although my other half has his faults(don’t we all?)….he usually puts the seat down.
So am I a lucky one?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 18:17   #4

Why don't women just lift it back up once they have finished for men
Less and cashman like this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 22:50   #5

Men are so predictable. I didn’t need a crystal ball to know what their response to this thread would be. By the way, if a woman was so inclined (heaven forbid) to put the seat up ready for you men, would you curse her when the occasion arose that you needed to sit on it and actually had to put it down all by yourself.

Ladies, it would be fun to have one of those loos where the seat automatically closes with just a slight touch of a finger, lid and all. Just think of the extra piece those poor blokes would have to lift up. Exhausting!
Old 22-11-2021, 14:31   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Men and Toilet Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Men are so predictable. I didn’t need a crystal ball to know what their response to this thread would be. By the way, if a woman was so inclined (heaven forbid) to put the seat up ready for you men, would you curse her when the occasion arose that you needed to sit on it and actually had to put it down all by yourself.

Ladies, it would be fun to have one of those loos where the seat automatically closes with just a slight touch of a finger, lid and all. Just think of the extra piece those poor blokes would have to lift up. Exhausting!

Well, you started the thread, until then we were all happily ignoring the position of the seat. If you need it up you lift it, down you lower it, now you want an automatic seat that puts a lid on the whole caboodle and means everyone has to lift something.
It makes me think you are perhaps wanting to cut your nose to spite your face? Or maybe just showing how if you can’t force your way on males, you would make it awkward for everyone?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 22:37   #7

On this very riveting subject, Less, please be assured I would not even attempt to try to enforce anyone, male or female, to do something they feel they need not do. That would be presumptuous of me and also pointless. Leave the seat up, put it down, do what you like, I still think it is laziness for it to be left up. Definitely no consideration for the female who might be the next to use it.

By the way, those self-closing loo seats do make a very unattractive necessity look neat and tidy and so I am sure that most women would not mind the extra exertion needed to lift up the lid. It’s really easy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..