Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 23:43   #1
Member.

Mr Less

If I may comment…..Less I hate to say this but I do like you. Your humour is dry and in most cases very funny, although I accept that this is simply a matter of personal taste. I do have some…I myself was not in the least upset or offended during the course of the pm thread. I know the difference between what I have and haven’t done, so do those who are in position of the real facts behind this matter. I would be happy to continue this discussion. Again I hate to say it, I wholeheartedly agree we your comments in the other closed thread. By the way I mean what I say, I’m not saying to take the ****, just in case we again misinterpret an act of humour for a chat up or assault on our respective genders….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 01-11-2004 at 23:51.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2004, 07:20   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Mr Less

I'm just relieved that nobody is discussing my 'box' in this thread...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:13   #3
Member.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-11-2004, 10:42   #4
Resting in Peace

BEFORE things go too far in this thread please read the forum rules
NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE ALLOWED TO BE POSTED THANKYOU
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 21:47   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

If I may comment…..Less I hate to say this but I do like you. Your humour is dry and in most cases very funny, although I accept that this is simply a matter of personal taste.

Just in case your wondering this is NOT Less, Less has been warned by his parents the nice Mr. & Mrs. Moderator that he has no longer to play with any of the big boys from further down the street. If I was Less I would probably be saying something along the lines of.......!"£$%^& or &^%$£"!, but I am not Less, so I won't say that.

Less said to tell you that surprisingly there are threads & comments that he finds interesting from you, (ain't life strange?)

I would be happy to continue this discussion.

Less tells me that he would rather let sleeping dogs lie, 'cos one of the things he would hate to happen is that any-one was grounded because of over zealous parents!

Again I hate to say it, I wholeheartedly agree we your comments in the other closed thread.

See, that just proves that we, erm I mean he & you can agree about something.

By the way I mean what I say, I’m not saying to take the ****, just in case we again misinterpret an act of humour for a chat up or assault on our respective genders….

Less tells me that he knows his respective gender, but what from the above does that make yours? (Sorrry, he, I, me, I'm forgetting who I'm not supposed to be).

I wonder who this should be aimed at ?

P.S. As I have already said this is not Less & the attached is a picture of me to prove it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drac2.jpg (5.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Less; 02-11-2004 at 21:48.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 21:58   #6
Member.

Tell Less thank you for letting you reply on his behalf, parents!! well what can you do with them, they always wrap there children up in cotten wool don't they.............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 02-11-2004, 22:10   #7
Resident Waffler

I nearly posted a reply there but I daren't or the bogeyman will come and get me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 22:21   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I nearly posted a reply there but I daren't or the bogeyman will come and get me.

Just to say Willow and please don't think I'm being in any way at all, not in the slightest, never in this world, sexist, BUT, I do like your balloons!

OOerr, Missus!

Last edited by Less; 02-11-2004 at 22:23.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:44   #9
Resident Waffler

Oooh Less you philatelist you!

Old 03-11-2004, 08:49   #10

Oh come on Willow. You're surely not afraid of the nice Bogeyman are you? I dare you to tell us what you were tempted to say!

With reference to your comments about the closed thread Doug I hope I may be permitted to add a point of view here.

(I own/administrate a couple of message boards where from time to time heated arguments have been known to take place and where the moderators, bless their cotton socks, do a sterling job trying to keep things from getting too much out of hand, so I beg your indulgence here for a moment because I do understand the difficulties you face.)

We had, at one time, a member who spent many hours online in PMs to the ladies of the board and kept them up into the wee small hours chatting because he was an insomniac (or so he told us).

This may well have been very innocent or it may not but the unfortunate outcome was that his wife percieved him spending more time with his virtual "harem" than with her - but unfortunately worse than that it also led to more than one temporary marriage break-up where the women he had been chatting to perceived his flirting and flattery as far more than he intended. One woman confided in me that she had "fallen in love with him" which I told her was preposterous as it is impossible to fall in love with words on a PC monitor. She had actually reached the stage of walking out on her husband and family because of her "on-line relationship" which she saw in an entirely different light than that which was ever intended.

I say this merely to suggest that anything said to members of the opposite sex in private messages needs to be considered carefully. Flirting and fun on the open message board is an entirely different matter where it can be seen by all - it is that which may be perceived to be furtive, or concealed which can lead to problems.

Happily the two ladies concerned are now re-united with their respective husbands and the gentleman has departed, probably for pastures new.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 16:09   #11
Member.

I will conceder my reply carefully my friend. I understand fully what your saying. But there are marked differences between flirting and have a relationship with someone. There are a few missing facts here that you are not aware of, but like I say I will give some consideration to my reply before posting or pm'ing you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-11-2004, 07:39   #12

May I simply add here in clarification that I personally see nothing wrong with flirting openly with members of the opposite sex (or the same sex if you're that way inclined) on a public message board, nor with chatting privately with someone with whom one has formed a close personal relationship. In fact the latter is best kept in private messages. It's where the boundaries begin to fudge that problems can arise. Sometimes one person may see things in an entirely different light to another. This is the danger area.

I appreciate the time taken to clarify your situation Doug.

Come on Willow, be brave. Face the nasty bogeyman. lol

Last edited by Gobsmacked; 05-11-2004 at 07:40.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:12   #13
Member.

Accepted and understood.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-11-2004, 08:52   #14
Resident Waffler

If the bogeyman gets me I blame Gobsmacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
parents!! well what can you do with them, they always wrap there children up in cotten wool don't they.............
I was going to say that I don't wrap my children in cotton wool in case they suffocate and I might get arrested for child abuse.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:34   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
If the bogeyman gets me I blame Gobsmacked.

I was going to say that I don't wrap my children in cotton wool in case they suffocate and I might get arrested for child abuse.
There are a number of excellent threads doing the rounds that emphasize the difficulties of parenting and the effects of a nanny state. We must at all cost protect our children for all forms of abuse including bulling at school and not least sexual abuse both within and outside the family that goes without saying. One of the growing issues today “also excellently put in a recent thread” is Health and Safety. Currently within our schools there is the issue of stopping school trips, holidays and life experience classes (day release and work experience courses) because of the misinterpretation of the statute and the Reponses of both Government and the Courts to recent accidents and loss of life of children attending our schools. If we continue down this road our children and our children’s, children will never experience childhood itself. It’s only a 150 years ago that our ancestors deprived children of a childhood by sticking them down mines and under looms in the mills at the ages of five or seven, now we protecting them from life experience out of person fear and a over protective state. Just a thought……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 05-11-2004 at 11:35.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..