Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2014, 21:11   #46
Beacon of light

Re: New Members

You need to be way, way below the stomach!
Eric likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2014, 21:36   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less......I didn't say how I was going to be appealing.....but home cooking had to be in the equation. Though the person who said that the way to a mans heart was through his stomach was aiming to high.

Oooh look Margaret, you've been liked by a newbie, see everyone, not all newbies register and have nothing to say. (Though some do take a large number of posts to say nothing).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:38   #48
Beacon of light

Have I? Well, I never!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 22:05   #49

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the way, for all those interested in joining the only true clique on AccyWeb, The Fellowship of the Hat, application forms are available from me, or from DiG. Fill them in, and return them. If you are sending them to me, please remember to complete them in both official languages.

Oh, by the way, if you have never been drunk, wasted, trashed, pee'd as a rat (or newt, if you prefer), totalled, smashed, impaired (this for the posh folks) etc. in the great city of Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, don't bother applying. Those who qualify, but who had the misfortune to do the technicolour yawn all over the table and/or the bar, will be accepted on probation. If you puked on the bouncer while making an unplanned exit from the bar, this counts in your favour.
Please note : This Hat fellowship thing is a club for amateurs..

The real clique are those of us who have done the crawl between the top end of Ossy to the bottom in the 1970's, when there was a pub on every corner...1/2 of proper beer ( not the chemical crud) in each pub, in the 3.5 hours of legal drinking time of the day..then walk back to the Greyhound for after time for a game of killer...

Damn Canucks..think they invented the art of being a ''''head
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 28-03-2014, 22:08   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I tried that in 60s but with 1 pint in each pub.........................FAILED. was more pubs then though.
Guinness and Eric like this.
Old 28-03-2014, 22:13   #51

New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I tried that in 60s but with 1 pint in each pub.........................FAILED. was more pubs then though.

I also failed on more occasions than I can count the hangovers from, now I would probably still fail, but it would be because I would die of dehydration walking from the first pub to the second one.
Old 28-03-2014, 22:36   #52

See..even us ale cans learn from the 'old folk'.... a pint in each pub was an impossibility, unless you had hollow legs, so we adjusted it to 1/2 pint and conquered.

Pity that some can't learn that the 'old folk' of the forum really do have a handle on what works and adjust accordingly
Less likes this.
Old 28-03-2014, 22:41   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
But, no doubt, failed gloriously.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 22:53   #54

I never knew that it is/was compulsory to comment on posts once you became a member, mind you after reading some of the comments made on the subject I don't blame people not posting. It still is a free world isn't it ?
Accyexplorer likes this.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 22:57   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith higson View Post
I never knew that it is/was compulsory to comment on posts once you became a member, mind you after reading some of the comments made on the subject I don't blame people not posting. It still is a free world isn't it ?
Considering that the last 2 pages in a 4 page thread has been gentle banter, I fail to see the point that you are making....join in and poke fun
Old 28-03-2014, 23:08   #56

New Members

Quote:
It still is a free world isn't it ?
Well, parts of the world can be considered free, nowhere near the 95% mark that AccyWeb likes to guesstimate totals to though.
However this is a website, to enable your need to post you have to sign away certain freedoms by agreeing to abide by the rules.
There we are, is that serious enough for you?
(Why am I tempted to consider how many happy hours of debate we might get out of this one).
But, I won't give in to the temptation, so, back to the banter.
Old 28-03-2014, 23:29   #57

I can't remember the last time a mosquito landed on my testicles. I'll have to check my diary.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 23:47   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is not compulsory,but if you don't there's no chance if joining the clique...sorry "family".
Have a non family 'like' for your comment .

Anyway,I hope my post didn't give the family too much of a limp,it was only a suggestion as to why new members might steer clear of posting on site

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 28-03-2014 at 23:50.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 23:58   #59

New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Is not compulsory,but if you don't there's no chance if joining the clique...sorry "family".

Anyway,I hope my post didn't give the family too much of a limp,it was only a suggestion as to why new members might steer clear of posting on site

Congratulations on the way you manipulate that high horse of yours.

Perhaps you should consider the last couple of pages as the way we like to act when not. Interrupted by prigs & god botherers?

It would seem you really will carry on with your unwanted rantings until we let you have the last word.

Perhaps we should sign some sort of pledge?

We the undersigned members of AccringtonWeb do solemnly swear that we are all wrong and the only person that should be allowed to post on the site is accyexplorer.

Signed.

Less.

Next please, form an orderly queue,no pushing at the back, you'll get your turn.
Old 29-03-2014, 01:27   #60
Senior Member+

Some people just have one purpose in mind signing up to a forum.

Examples for signing up to a forum like this

Buy & Sell section - Some just want to use this portion of the site - A good example of this would be this user. O2Hudsond(i think) this dude must sell a phone everyday

Lost family / friend - There has been many a user sign up for this purpose. Many have moved on from accy and so do not feel the need to keep visiting the site.

Technical Help - Some that need help fixing a problem with their computers for example might visit such a forum substituting tech forums for local forums... Once they have fixed their problem, forum is forgotten.

Music - Myself, this is how I found the site. I was looking for like minded people that maybe wanted to start a band. There was a few musicians on here... but not many. However I stuck around. But perhaps many with the same purpose do not.

Some sign up just to comment on one thread, but actually visit the forum more than others.

Some might sign up to read about local sports. Accrington Stanley and such. You don't notice them because they use that part of the forum and seldom any other part. Likewise. I never read that section, because I am not a sports fan...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..