Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2014, 02:02   #61

Re: New Members

One definition of the word ‘forum’ according to the Oxford Dictionary, is ‘An Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board’. While I shouldn’t think it’s imperative that every member makes comments, on the other hand if no one did then it wouldn’t be the interesting, sometimes controversial and often very amusing forum that it is – but would simply be a club……

…and while on the subject of definitions, the word ‘clique’ (again according to the Oxford Dictionary) is ‘a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them’. Accyweb on the contrary always extends a warm welcome to new members, and new and old alike can put their bob’s worth in at any time. Therefore, Accyexplorer, the word ‘clique’ does not apply.

Anyway, do you know any family that lives in perfect harmony and agrees on every subject all the time…I don’t! It would be very boring.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2014, 02:15   #62

Hey, Guiness - read your post re the 'old folk' with interest, and me being in that category all I can say is that they don't make drinkers like they used to. Those were the days when 'hollow legs' were the norm. Some old timers would have put you to shame (and I'm not confessing to anything!).
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 02:47   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
One definition of the word ‘forum’ according to the Oxford Dictionary, is ‘An Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board’. While I shouldn’t think it’s imperative that every member makes comments, on the other hand if no one did then it wouldn’t be the interesting, sometimes controversial and often very amusing forum that it is – but would simply be a club……

…and while on the subject of definitions, the word ‘clique’ (again according to the Oxford Dictionary) is ‘a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them’. Accyweb on the contrary always extends a warm welcome to new members, and new and old alike can put their bob’s worth in at any time. Therefore, Accyexplorer, the word ‘clique’ does not apply.

Anyway, do you know any family that lives in perfect harmony and agrees on every subject all the time…I don’t! It would be very boring.
I agree,I've never said I don't like the site D or that I want anything to change etc (well maybe less's attitude to some members) ,In fact I enjoy the site just the way it is.My posts may seem like I'm whining about the forum but I can assure you and others that's not the case.
I also like adding my "bobs worth" now and again (for those who hadn't noticed)

On a side note,MP also assures me it's not a "clique"......it's a "family" so from now on I won't be using the C bomb

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 29-03-2014 at 02:50.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 05:40   #64
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
or that I want anything to change etc (well maybe less's attitude to some members)....

...My posts may seem like I'm whining about the forum

You are going to be waiting for quite some time for that to happen, you made a grand speech the other day you know the one, you finished it with 'sod off'.
Well I did as you asked, I ignored you all day it was easy. Then you came back on and started all over again, so may I just say, no, YOU sod off.

Not all your posts make you seem like you are whining, some of them make you seem a complete moron.

All of your input to this thread can be used as an example of this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 06:47   #65
Senior Member+

I thought it was a sensible question because there is reasonable answers. There is no need for all of this clique crap yet again.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:13   #66
Beacon of light

If it was a clique.....I am sure that after almost ten years as a member......I would have inveigled myself in by now.
I get quite upset when people talk about a clique.....why?
Because I'm not in it......and if there was one......I would want to be in the sacrosanct inner circle.....I'm fed up of being just a pleb(goes away to sulk).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 07:18   #67
Senior Member+

Apparently you don't spend enough time down the railway on a sat afternoon for that
Old 29-03-2014, 07:20   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Apparently you don't spend enough time down the railway on a sat afternoon for that

Neither do I!

I keep dropping hints to Mick but so far he hasn't obliged.

Perhaps when he no longer classes me as a Newbie?
Restless likes this.

Last edited by Less; 29-03-2014 at 07:23.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:31   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
And maybe there are some dickheads that just annoy people that get stick?
Maybe your right C,however I don't think less means to be annoying it's just a natural talent of his

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 07:32   #70
Senior Member+

Don't worry about it less, as acccyex so kindly pointed out. You still have your trainset to play with
Less likes this.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:35   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Neither do I!

I keep dropping hints to Mick but so far he hasn't obliged.

Perhaps when he no longer classes me as a Newbie?
I will try and be in the Railway today with the initiation set including the limp celery and the moldy cheese
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 07:46   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Maybe your right C,however I don't think less means to be annoying it's just a natural talent of his
Wow, how nearly funny!

How long are you going to ignore the comments of others in your quest to prove yourself our village idiot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe you are making only one point ... restating it in different words (far too many words) doesn't make the point any sharper.

I was a new member once. Can't remember any serious hazing. Stating that certain members of some infamous (and non-existent) clique are lying in wait, ready to pounce, claws out, on those making tentative steps into an unfamiliar environment is a crock of horse manure.

Old 29-03-2014, 07:49   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Don't worry about it less, as acccyex so kindly pointed out. You still have your trainset to play with
Being a lover of attention that he is and the way he goes about getting it, you can expect a like from him, you read all of that post.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:52   #74
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I will try and be in the Railway today with the initiation set including the limp celery and the moldy cheese
If that is all you've got - limp celery(the devils food) and mouldy cheese.....I'll stay a pleb a bit longer
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 07:53   #75
Senior Member+

Tapatalk is great. Gives something to do whilst taking a number 2

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..