Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2014, 17:45   #91
God Member

Re: New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Sir, I beg to differ, you're simply jealous you can't enter its' exulted ranks.
Sour grapes make lotsa whine.
Less and DaveinGermany like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2014, 17:59   #92
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
and Less could spring for the beer.
Not sure about the springing, but he'd definitely jump at the chance of free Ale! (C'mon now who wouldn't)
Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 29-03-2014, 19:05   #93
God Member

Quote:
C'mon now who wouldn't
Kevin, maybe.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 29-03-2014, 20:49   #94
Senior Member+

Me! Currently still abstinent from alcohol. Though temptation due to feeling this weekend is a little higher than usual.
Old 29-03-2014, 21:25   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Neil can you read users PMS as an mod or admin of a forum? Surely not
No PMs are just that PRIVATE no member of staff can read your private messages
Now can we all stop acting like children and get this forum back to the informative and family friendly site it used to be.
Thanks

Last edited by Mick; 29-03-2014 at 21:28.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 21:40   #96

Hi Eric – Think that might be just what the doctor ordered – some of that green, green grass of home (apologies for taking poetic license here) and a good old Pow Wow. However, because of the unavailability of both of these right now I will settle for reading this thread and my cup of caffeine. Enjoying both immensely……..
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 21:53   #97

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Sir, I beg to differ, you're simply jealous you can't enter its' exulted ranks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sour grapes make lotsa whine.
Meh! I'd take you guys more seriously if either of you lived in a country that sold beer that had actually seen barley, hops or yeast
Old 30-03-2014, 10:58   #98
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Neil can you read users PMS as an mod or admin of a forum? Surely not
I can't and Mick has told me before that he can't as admin. The only way it could be done is by accessing the database on the server and the only person with that access is Roy. He has told me in the past that he has no interest in reading PM's and does not do. From memory it's not quite straight forward to do anyway.

All the forum data - posts, messages, pictures, settings etc are all stored in a MySql database and the forum runs on php and templates. As far as I know the only thing not plain text in the database is user passwords, they are encrypted by the users browsers using a one way algorithm before being sent to the server, only the encrypted password is stored. This is a standard internet way of handling passwords.

Well you did ask
Old 30-03-2014, 11:08   #99
Senior Member+

Re: Re: New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well you did ask
Thanks. I was hoping for a more in depth answer as some users seem to think moderators can just look through a users PM's and since I have neither moderated or administrated a forum before I couldn't just reply to accyex and say that it wasn't possible(though I was fairy sure you couldn't)
Old 30-03-2014, 11:52   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks. I was hoping for a more in depth answer as some users seem to think moderators can just look through a users PM's and since I have neither moderated or administrated a forum before I couldn't just reply to accyex and say that it wasn't possible(though I was fairy sure you couldn't)
Just goes to show how much I know about these technical things
I honestly thought if you was a mod/admin,it would be a case of click,click and your in (everyday is a school day)

I could copy and paste the PMs but obviously I won't out of courtesy,You'll just have to take my word Neil (I'm sure you already know anyway ).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 11:54   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Meh! I'd take you guys more seriously if either of you lived in a country that sold beer that had actually seen barley, hops or yeast
Are you serious 100% of members in the Fellowship of the Hat (not the 95% figure popular in your neck of the woods) would agree that some of the world's greatest beers can be found, and enjoyed, in the Reich and in the True North. Germany, land of the Reinheitsgebot for over 500 years! Now that's taking beer seriously And in Canada, from east (Alexander Keith's ... any of their fine beers) to west (Kokanee) and from la belle province (La Fin du Monde ... at a whopping 9%, it's a beer for real men and hockey playing women) In the production and consumption of beer, Canada and Germany take a back seat to no one.

Now that's getting back on topic ... BEER: THE UNIVERSAL TOPIC

Last edited by Eric; 30-03-2014 at 11:58.
Old 30-03-2014, 11:57   #102
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I honestly thought if you was a mod/admin,it would be a case of click,click and your in (everyday is a school day)

I could copy and paste the PMs but obviously I won't out of courtesy,You'll just have to take my word Neil (I'm sure you already know anyway ).
If I was you I wouldn't set too much on encouraging P.M.'s, I also get them, some could be from the same members just stirring the pot.

However P.M.'s are exactly that Private.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 12:12   #103
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

I'm sure it is against forum rules to post any PM's after all it would destroy the point of them being called 'private messages'.......and it would be bad etiquette.
Less likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 12:16   #104
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm sure it is against forum rules to post any PM's after all it would destroy the point of them being called 'private messages'.......and it would be bad etiquette.

Some have tried it in the past and had their knuckles wrapped.

Though of course there are exceptions, if for example someone sent a very rude P.M. then forwarding it to a mod would be acceptable.

Last edited by Less; 30-03-2014 at 12:21.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 12:32   #105
Senior Member+

Who would use a pm system in any forum where mods and admin can read them. That's just silly accyex.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..