Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2014, 12:35   #106
Super Moderator

Re: New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Me! Currently still abstinent from alcohol. Though temptation due to feeling this weekend is a little higher than usual.
Why? So many pubs, so little time!
Old 30-03-2014, 12:43   #107
Senior Member+

Re: Re: New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Why? So many pubs, so little time!
I made a blog thingy on that. I dunno if u can see it.

edit: Its had 41 views. So I guess its public

Last edited by Restless; 30-03-2014 at 12:45.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 12:47   #108
Super Moderator

Ok, just read it, mate. Apologies, didn't realise. You're excused from bar-propping duties!
Restless likes this.
Old 30-03-2014, 12:54   #109
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

If you are having a problem with abusive or whatever PM's you would have to copy and either paste them into a PM to a mod or email them.
Old 30-03-2014, 12:57   #110
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If you are having a problem with abusive or whatever PM's you would have to copy and either paste them into a PM to a mod or email them.
There is a forward button Neil, all they have to do is enter the mods user name.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 13:08   #111
God Member

Now, now ... let's quit being serious; take a load off, and have a few brewskies. Remember, potential members may read this thread ... and we want them to think that we are a bunch of dudes.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 13:53   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If I was you I wouldn't set too much on encouraging P.M.'s, I also get them, some could be from the same members just stirring the pot.

However P.M.'s are exactly that Private.
I'd put money on it

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 13:56   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Who would use a pm system in any forum where mods and admin can read them. That's just silly accyex.
I see you posted this after your suspicions were confirmed

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 13:56   #114
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Meh! I'd take you guys more seriously if either of you lived in a country that sold beer that had actually seen barley, hops or yeast
Oh deary me! Someone's not made serious study into this most important of matters it seems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Are you serious 100% of members in the Fellowship of the Hat (not the 95% figure popular in your neck of the woods) would agree that some of the world's greatest beers can be found, and enjoyed, in the Reich and in the True North. Germany, land of the Reinheitsgebot for over 500 years! Now that's taking beer seriously And in Canada, from east (Alexander Keith's ... any of their fine beers) to west (Kokanee) and from la belle province (La Fin du Monde ... at a whopping 9%, it's a beer for real men and hockey playing women) In the production and consumption of beer, Canada and Germany take a back seat to no one.

Now that's getting back on topic ... BEER: THE UNIVERSAL TOPIC
As my learned friend (And fellow companion of the hat) has pointed out, the "Deutsche Reinheitsgebote" (German purity law) allowed only certain ingredients to be used in the production of Beer & this has been going on in the "Fatherland" since 1156 I believe. Since that time though the most widely accepted ruling is that of 1516, none of your pasteurised, adulterated, adjunct laden muck here thank you very much! Ve haf vays of zer gettink drunk ja, visout zer nasty extras ja! Incidentally, the normal ABV for a bog standard Pils is 4.8% knocking Brit beers 3-4% average into the shade in general. So if you're out & about swilling your super chilled designer Lager at 4% and 3 Quid+ a pint, I'll merely smile smugly, while supping my "Hauber" (Half litre) at 4.8% costing a piffling €2,80 "PROST! Meine Kumpel!"
Eric likes this.
Old 30-03-2014, 14:00   #115
Beacon of light

Son....didn't I ever tell you it was bad manners to get 'swanky '.
Remember others do not have your privileges. No need to rub it in
DaveinGermany likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 14:20   #116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Son....didn't I ever tell you it was bad manners to get 'swanky '.
Remember others do not have your privileges. No need to rub it in
Sorry Ma, suitably chastened ........ Just sometimes forget my good fortune.
Old 30-03-2014, 14:22   #117
Beacon of light

OK...just don't do it again
It is easy to take for granted what we have...that others may not have.
Old 30-03-2014, 14:24   #118
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh deary me! Someone's not made serious study into this most important of matters it seems!

As my learned friend (And fellow companion of the hat) has pointed out, the "Deutsche Reinheitsgebote" (German purity law) allowed only certain ingredients to be used in the production of Beer & this has been going on in the "Fatherland" since 1156 I believe. Since that time though the most widely accepted ruling is that of 1516, none of your pasteurised, adulterated, adjunct laden muck here thank you very much! Ve haf vays of zer gettink drunk ja, visout zer nasty extras ja! Incidentally, the normal ABV for a bog standard Pils is 4.8% knocking Brit beers 3-4% average into the shade in general. So if you're out & about swilling your super chilled designer Lager at 4% and 3 Quid+ a pint, I'll merely smile smugly, while supping my "Hauber" (Half litre) at 4.8% costing a piffling €2,80 "PROST! Meine Kumpel!"
At the same time, the only 'quality control' we had was to send a man around the Inns in a pair of leather trousers, he would pour a tankard onto a bench sit on it for a while and if when he stood up the bench stuck to his breeks the beer was deemed to have too much sugar and the landlord was fined.

Now that's a half assed job I would love to apply for.

Or was it just a myth?
Myth 3: Medieval ale-conners wore leather breeches and tested ale by pouring some on a wooden bench and then sitting in it and seeing if they stuck to the bench | Zythophile
Eric likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 14:27   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No need to rub it in
Yes there is ... and while DiG is quaffing his hauber ... sorry, haubers ... I'll be having a few Dead Elephant, a fine IPA at 6.5% ... a great breakfast beer that goes well with a few slabs of peameal bacon But I have to finish shoveling first ...

Maybe this seems a little off topic ... but banter like this helps potential members get to know us informally ... shows our "human" side.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 14:29   #120
Beacon of light

it must be a 'boy thing'...a 'mine is bigger than yours' thing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..