Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dotti34
  • 4 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By Gordon Booth

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2015, 23:54   #1

News of a Different Kind

A couple of stories in our Sunday paper almost made it worthwhile reading it. At least with my warped sense of humour they made me laugh – which is a nice change these days when most news is so sad and depressing.

The first one was the report of a man who has admitted to having sex with a post-box in Wigan (if you don’t believe me then look it up on Google).

It must have been an exciting partner as the man shouted ‘wow’…

…you might find this hard to believe but he was drunk at the time.

He was ordered to pay compensation to the victim – was this the post box or the woman who saw it all and rang the police? According to the man’s defence lawyer ‘the lady watched for some time and was ashamed, disgusted and upset’.

The other story was that the boy who told of his so-called experiences when he was in a coma – and with the help of his father wrote the best selling book “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven’ - has now admitted it was all a lie, that he didn’t really go to Heaven. What’s funny about that? His surname happens to be Malarkey.
Turtle likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2015, 00:15   #2

Re: News of a Different Kind

Thanks for the chuckle, dotti
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 05:21   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
A couple of stories in our Sunday paper almost made it worthwhile reading it. At least with my warped sense of humour they made me laugh – which is a nice change these days when most news is so sad and depressing.

The first one was the report of a man who has admitted to having sex with a post-box in Wigan (if you don’t believe me then look it up on Google).

He was ordered to pay compensation to the victim – was this the post box or the woman who saw it all and rang the police? According to the man’s defence lawyer ‘the lady watched for some time and was ashamed, disgusted and upset’.

The other story was that the boy who told of his so-called experiences when he was in a coma – and with the help of his father wrote the best selling book “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven’ - has now admitted it was all a lie, that he didn’t really go to Heaven. What’s funny about that? His surname happens to be Malarkey.
They won't be needing those pesky elastic bands on the envelopes from that mailbox then !!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 06:51   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

I refused to believe it,so I googled it and sure enough there it was.
Why the lady watched for so long if she was ashamed/disgusted and upset is anyone's guess.
Personally, I think that chap was punching above his weight,that post box was clearly out his league

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 07:32   #5

It would take some filling !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 08:17   #6

Maybe he should have gone to Specsavers!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 13:19   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Were French letters involved?
Eric, wadey, DtheP47 and 1 others like this.
Old 19-01-2015, 15:26   #8

Drunk man tried to have sex with postbox in middle of shopping arcade - Manchester Evening News
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 15:26   #9

He thought it was a pie
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 15:48   #10
Senior Member+

He's had to sign the Sex Offenders Register?
For having sex with a postbox called 'Wow'?

Well, looks like even Post Boxes have Human Rights these days.

Mind you, looking at his photo I'll bet the Post Box said 'No', so I suppose it's fair.
wadey likes this.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 19-01-2015 at 15:57.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 17:33   #11
Full Member+

Perhaps it was the postbox's gorgeous red lips that attracted him! :
Old 30-01-2015, 08:50   #12
I am Banned

Snow joke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow.jpg (133.2 KB, 12 views)
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 11:57   #13
Senior Member+

I appologise in advance but, I didn't think this warranted a a thread all of its own.
Here is some "News of a different kind" (good news),a charity set up for Alan Davis,a chap who pretty much had a bum deal from the word go then got mugged by a scumbag has raised over £330k for the poor chap.
Alan Barnes Fund by Katie Cutler - GoFundMe.

In addition to this generosity and compassion they've also caught the scumbag who mugged him:-
Man In Court Accused Of Mugging Alan Barnes

Alan Barnes: RECAP as man pleads GUILTY to mugging disabled pensioner - Mirror Online

His Facebook account reflects a level of scumbaggery too.
https://m.facebook.com/richard.gatis...topic.php&_rdr

Hopefully (if he is guilty) he'll get the book thrown at him and serve a lengthy sentence.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..