Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2017, 23:09   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Not Smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is it really healthier? The debate is out on that still
Wow! How serious is that? This is 'Anything goes', who can I report you to?

P.S. Only joking.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2017, 23:45   #17

Got to admit, even though it's only 4 hours since I started this thread I've just lit my third fag, Oh it is such a relief, mind you I might have had a few more except...

...I threw out all my lighters and matches so rubbing two boy scouts together to get a light is proving difficult, perhaps if they weren't so ticklish I could smoke more easily!
Old 17-01-2017, 00:37   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is it really healthier? The debate is out on that still
Surely Ecigs are a no brainier? even I can grasp they are healthier, in the way that they don't clog your arteries like standard ciggies do and I'd assume any medical professional would say the same.

If folk want to get their nicotine fix without burning and inhaling toxic leaves then they should be encouraged not hindered.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 00:53   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Surely Ecigs are a no brainier? even I can grasp they are healthier, in the way that they don't clog your arteries like standard ciggies do and I'd assume any medical professional would say the same.

If folk want to get their nicotine fix without burning and inhaling toxic leaves then they should be encouraged not hindered.
I'll post this link to the Telegraph about ecigs and then I'll try and stop being serious in anything goes

Vaping as bad for your heart as smoking cigarettes, study finds
Old 17-01-2017, 06:51   #20
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nope, I know I failed, but I reckon cold turkey is the way, I'll try again, (and possibly, again and again), I got this far which is further than I ever thought I could go.
I think you are right about the 'cold turkey' being the way to quit...if you have the won't power, that is.
You should not really expect to be able to conquer a habit that has gripped you for so many decades, in five days.
But five days is a good start.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 06:53   #21
Beacon of light

I think that stopping smoking is a serious subject and deserves to be in another section of the forum
Old 17-01-2017, 11:01   #22
Full Member+

Kicked the habit about 40 year ago, it took me about 3 weeks cold turkey to get through the hard part. I was as ratty as hell in that 3 weeks(no ferret comments please), it got easier after that, just look at the size of a ciggy and ask yourself why has that got the power over me. If all fails and you try the vape way I have got some ash trays I made for them they are quite cheap as they don't seem to be selling to well.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 13:26   #23

I started smoking at 13 years of age, Willy Woodbines were available singly in a shop on Cotton Street, on the way to Woodnook School. went on to full packets of Woodbines, Park Drive, Number six, etc; then started rolling my own with Golden Virginia.

Tried to give over many times, I once managed to stop for over twelve months probably thirty or so years ago but a King Edwards Imperial given to me after a meal out one night undid all my hard work.

Called into my G.P.s Surgery seven years ago, where after breathing into a lung testing tube device, the doctor wrote down 50% on a form; when I questioned what the 50% was she stated that I had 50% lung capacity but that's thr same as having one lung I replied. Correct! and it won't get any better whilst you are still smoking. Ihave not had any weed of any kind since. So I started at 13 year's of age and stopped at 63 year's of age.

It needs the initial jolt to shock you into giving over. (I have now become an apprentice alcoholic). Only Joking, (I think).
Less likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 14:43   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also started at 13 thanks to me paper delivery money. aint had a fag now for 3 n half years, got one of them vapours, it did help me, rarely use it now or even take it out wi me, apart from when i go up Stanley, i never stopped fer health reasons, dont really give a monkies about them at my age, so i was a smoker fer 50 odd years, only time i fancy a fag now, is when i'm watching one of those owd progs on telly from around 50s or 60s, every begger and his dog lights upon them, so then the craving kicks in. have beat it so far though.
Less likes this.
Old 17-01-2017, 14:50   #25

I haven't smoked for a number of years now. Unfortunately, I'm now addicted to Nicotinell chewing gum.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 15:28   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I haven't smoked for a number of years now. Unfortunately, I'm now addicted to Nicotinell chewing gum.
This and the electronic fag becoming an alternative addiction to genuine fags is why I'm trying the cold turkey route, not doing too bad, I've only had two so far today though after reading today's posts I've a feeling that my third of the day will soon be lit up, strange how just thinking about it makes it seem more attractive than yet another packet of crisps.
Old 17-01-2017, 16:13   #27
Beacon of light

I have never smoked....only ever smouldered and that depends on who I am with(I reckon I can get away with this because it is Anything Goes)
Stevie R likes this.
Old 17-01-2017, 16:39   #28
Senior Member+

Good on you for trying to packet in..
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 17:35   #29
Full Member+

It sounds like you are doing well Less. Well done.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 21:17   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'll post this link to the Telegraph about ecigs and then I'll try and stop being serious in anything goes

Vaping as bad for your heart as smoking cigarettes, study finds
I would argue that,"studies" can be made to say anything depending on who's funding them, it is a no brainer.

I can only speak from my experiences with Ecig/vape machines,thanks to vaping I've been weed free for over two years (from a 20+ a day habit).
I've saved a small fortune,the (smoker's) cough that I had has gone and I generally feel (and smell according to the commanding officer) much better since changing to a electronic vape machine.

It's obviously not as healthy as not smoking,but certainly beats them dirty ciggies (I reserve the right to change my mind in 30yrs if I develop any attributable ailments ).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..