Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2017, 22:40   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Not Smoking.

Did you see the pictures on Facebook of the blokes face after he ecig exploded?
Old 17-01-2017, 23:28   #32
Senior Member+

I had to google it,looks like there are numerous accidents,I don't know the usage to accident ratio....Maybe strict quality control would stub these explosions out.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 06:08   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I had to google it,looks like there are numerous accidents,I don't know the usage to accident ratio....Maybe strict quality control would stub these explosions out.
Unfortunately whenever I see regulating ecigs mentioned it's quickly followed by people jumping up and down because it will mean an increase in cost.
Old 18-01-2017, 06:38   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Unfortunately whenever I see regulating ecigs mentioned it's quickly followed by people jumping up and down because it will mean an increase in cost.
Personally I think that if you choose to "Smoke" you can pay the price, I used to smoke proper cigs for 20+ years, but packed in in May 2000. Still not financially better off as I just spend my savings elsewhere.
Old 18-01-2017, 10:18   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Did you see McDees face after he'd sold his 300 billionth burger?

Now that is frightening!

The thing is, efags, cars, planes, sugar tongs, whatever!
None of them have a perfect safety record, but we still use them all.

It's known as choice.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 12:43   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I was told before i ever bought one, NOT to buy a cheepo one, cos they could explode, i didn't and mines fine. i think its all about checking out best yeh can first?
Old 25-01-2017, 12:17   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breure View Post
I'm trying to quit smoking for the sixth time, I can not.
Got to admit I'm failing at the moment, I had kept it down to 5 a day but...

...maybe it's time I became addicted to nicotine gum?
Old 25-01-2017, 19:34   #38

Mind over matter....it's easy to quit it's their after. Find your occupation or just use a pen to twiddle with
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 16:28   #39
God Member

I've been smoking since I was nine, toking since I was fourteen, and I ain't gonna quit. When the doctor tells me there is nowt more he can do, I will repond, hoarsely thru a hole in my throat, "Yes there is; get me a priest right the (deleted) now, and make sure he has some fags and a bottle of Pussers with him.
I'm lucky enough to live close to the rez, so I got my smokes for 20 bucks a carton. No warnings. No piscs of the dying. Just four words: "Made on Mohawk Territory."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 16:37   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I chose last Friday morning not to go the corner shop and get some smokes, I have continued not to go for some right up until now, well, I say now, in actual fact, I mean about quarter of an hour ago.

I'm now sat here staring at the little cellophane strip that will allow me entry to ten superking, I haven't gone this long, without tobacco for over 40, perhaps 50 years.

Should I be strong? Should I turn my back on this packet of weed? After all, I've managed nearly 5 days without lighting up.

What should I do? (somehow, I already know what I will do, which is probably different from what I should do).

Oh stay strong dear man. I share your agony
nancy boy 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 17:08   #41
God Member

Let's pause in our sharing of Less's pain and give our thoughts and prayers to the Swedes in light of the deadly terrorist attack.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 17:18   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Got to admit, even though it's only 4 hours since I started this thread I've just lit my third fag, Oh it is such a relief, mind you I might have had a few more except...

...I threw out all my lighters and matches so rubbing two boy scouts together to get a light is proving difficult, perhaps if they weren't so ticklish I could smoke more easily!
I decided to have a hamlet at 11:30pm on Friday night, except like you could I find a flame? Could I buggary!! I was climbing the walls until I found a complimentary pack of matches from an Indian restaurant in Covent Garden in my evening suit, damp as hell but I managed to light ON of the buggers. Heaven!
nancy boy 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 20:20   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Let's pause in our sharing of Less's pain and give our thoughts and prayers to the Swedes in light of the deadly terrorist attack.
No pain, I was back to rolling my own, decided that was more unhealthy than smoking as I couldn't read the screen so, back on the weed and it's WONDERFUL!

Eric, hilleluk and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 20-02-2017, 12:57   #44
God Member

I moved into a residential care home on Jan 26th, so had to go COLD TURKEY on fags.
I only smoked 10 or fewer roll ups a day for the past 3 years so did not expect extreme cravings - but I have had longings - especially after meals.

I have not noticed any improvement in breathing - still gasp when move about.
If anything it is more difficult to cough to clear my chest - never reached the wheezing stage despite smoking heavily for over 50 years.

So I feel that my only gain is cost - just hope that cravings will eventually fade
Less and Eric like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 13:37   #45
Full Member+

I hope they do Margaret. Hope you will be happy in your new home
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..