Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2013, 16:50   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Oh Boy, I Can See Some Regret's.

Among us all, fella's I mean, there are plenty with no imagination, Birthdays, Valentines and especially Christmas, our minds go blank.
We put off getting the love of our life a pressie hoping, we will gain inspiration the nearer to the event we get.

Of course this is wrong, she bought the inappropriate gift for you month's ago, A drill, an electric planer, she knows even though you aren't into D.I.Y. you will pretend it is just what you wanted. Planning a disappointment months ahead is their natural talent.

We men end up after an afternoon session wishing our work mates all the joy for Christmas and the coming New Year, making a dash for Boots before it closes.

We look along the shelves and something in our mind warns us that a bulk pack of extra absorbent Tampons might not be what she's expecting.

So we walk further into the store hoping we can recognise something among those strange feminine objects.

At last, the very thing, I've seen it advertised on the telly, An electric foot pedicure, I'll buy that and take advantage of the shop's gift wrapping service.

Oop's if I'd been able to focus with both eye's I'd have noticed I've chosen Easter Bunny wrapping paper.

Well the deed is done, you've managed to get her something before Christmas rather than promise to take her to the Boxing day sales for anything she may fancy.

This year actually will be a merry Krimbo!

Oh, how wrong you are, you may have years of experience of hiding your sadness at her resulting lack of thought, don't think for part of a second she will hide hers.

Who can blame her? You have just accused her of having ugly feet. You didn't realise it at the time but, that is as bad as going to the sex shop and getting her a basque three sizes too small, she will in the former never let you forget that the cheap shoes she is able to afford on the allowance she has for such things causes the ugly feet and in the latter case she will accuse you of giving her the present meant for your much skinnier mistress (mistress? you can't even afford this nagging bleed on your bank account).

Last edited by Less; 10-12-2013 at 16:53.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2013, 18:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Oh Boy, I Can See Some Regret's.

Buy her some expensive perfume and what do you get?

'Are you trying to tell me after all these years that you don't like my choice of perfume? Are you saying you think it smells cheap?'.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 18:24   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Stop whining. Late wifes birthday was day after boxing day, present bosses is a week into new year. Try winning 2 at once.
susie123 likes this.
Old 10-12-2013, 18:32   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Stop whining. Late wifes birthday was day after boxing day, present bosses is a week into new year. Try winning 2 at once.
Not easy, I agree. Birthday New Years Eve.

I could never work out why sexy red and black underwear always gives a woman a headache. Do the colours clash?
cashman and susie123 like this.
Old 10-12-2013, 18:35   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post

I could never work out why sexy red and black underwear always gives a woman a headache. Do the colours clash?
Not at all,just another feeble excuse to refuse.
Old 10-12-2013, 18:36   #6

Oh Boy, I Can See Some Regret's.

Quote:

Nah, the thought of you enjoying yourself because of it is what gives them the headache.

Very similar to why they close their eyes when having sex, can't stand to see you enjoying yourself!
Old 10-12-2013, 18:39   #7
Senior Member+

And when you find out what she really, really wants but says is too expensive(too damn true it is!) but you buy it anyway, what does she say?

'What have you been up to?'
Old 10-12-2013, 20:21   #8

It’s just as difficult for a woman trying to get the ideal present for the bloke in her life. For the last few years I’ve got mine a bottle of the best whisky money can buy – oops! ‘slight’ exaggeration, I should say the best that our local liquor store sells – which is a tad different (well actually a lot more than just a tad).
Not very original after the first couple of years but much appreciated – and present opened with the usual oohs! and aahs! and a pretend look of surprise, bless him!
However, this year he hasn’t touched a drop of alcohol for weeks after his recent health scares, so it’s back to the drawing board.
Have bought him a pair of golf shoes but he’s already wearing these.
Wonder if he would appreciate me buying some sexy nightwear (for myself that is) and giving him a surprise treat for Christmas. Forget that! Have just caught a glimpse of my old body in the mirror, ain't what it used to be – the surprise wouldn’t make him feel like he was in heaven – the shock would put him there!!!!!!
cashman, Eric and susie123 like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:03   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:

Try buying her some as well
Eric likes this.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:50   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Try buying her some as well
I never thought of that.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54   #11
God Member

....and don't wear socks in bed.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:06   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
....and don't wear socks in bed.
I can't wear my wellingtons without socks on!

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 11-12-2013 at 11:14.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:37   #13

Perhaps we should throw this thread open as a guide to what we shouldn't buy for our spouse this Christmas?

I would suggest that one really big No, No, would be to buy your wife one of those No No razors being advertised at the moment.

I really do think that although your good lady may buy one for herself to secretly remove side burns, mustache and nipple hairs, To open a gift from you that say's, "it's about time you had a shave, you're looking more masculine than I am at the moment", would perhaps add a little more tension to the Christmas dinner than any household deserves.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:26   #14
Beacon of light

I did a blog on this subject
'Christmas don'ts - save yourself the pain'
I'm sure it would be helpful for you.....that is, if you really do want help.
I think that most men use their ineptitude at present buying as some kind of psychological crutch......and an excuse to keep the cash in their wallet!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:29   #15
Beacon of light

Also, to help.....please read the blog......'Gift buying for Dummies'.
More useful advice for you to look at.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..