Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By dotti34
  • 2 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By Eric
  • 1 Post By Eric
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 2 Post By Eric
  • 1 Post By Gremlin

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2013, 04:41   #1

Our Christmas weather

How’s the weather your way? A tad warm here in South Australia. Reached 45 degrees yesterday in our neck of the woods. Got to around 40 today but a cooler change is happening and we are down to about 30 now. Estimates in the 20’s for the next few days then should be around 30 for Christmas Day – that will be lovely, just right.

Will be at son’s place on ‘the day’ – forget the hot roasts, not appropriate, instead we will be outdoors and eating Mediterranean-style food. Lots of gourmet goodies on the menu, prepared by my family - I won’t have to do a thing!!!!!! That’s what I call perfection…..

Here’s to a lovely Christmas Day to you all - ENJOY!!!!
shillelagh and Stevie R like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2013, 05:11   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Our Christmas weather

Probably, grey, cold & wet! And I'll be attempting to give everyone food poisoning. Except me, as I'll be sticking to the beer!
shillelagh and Eric like this.
Old 20-12-2013, 07:18   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers dotti, weather heres crap, but thats to be expected, were going out fer christmas dinner, sod all the work n mess,Hope you n yours have a great day,love me grandkids to death, but have to disagree on yer version of perfection, possible arguing n skricking sure aint to me.
Old 22-12-2013, 04:56   #4

What about a nice dip at Glenelg after lunch?
/

Last edited by Mick; 22-12-2013 at 06:16.
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 07:28   #5

Hi, South Aussie. As the weather forecast is now 34 for 'the' day it sounds like a good idea if you like that sort of thing but must confess I'm not a beach/sea person at the best of times.
Anyway our celebrations will be going on until late in the day as this year we're not starting until mid-afternoon when those of the family who can make it will be getting together.
By the way, Cashman, the 'perfection' bit is because I won't have to do anything. Don't blame you for going out for Christmas dinner - it's a great idea. Hope you enjoy it - cheers and good health to you!!!!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 11:42   #6
God Member

Here it is in a nutshell:

Snow, ice storm in Eastern Canada causes travel chaos, power outages - Canada - CBC News

And we are right smack dab in the middle of it. It's bad ... not as bad as the great ice storm of '98; but it's getting there. Power has been on and off for the past couple of days ... last nite right in the middle of the hockey game Tree branches and power lines are coming down owing to the weight of the ice ... and some of the older trees are down. Those dumb enough to venture out onto the highways are taking their lives in their hands.

But I got lots to eat and drink ... including a new beer called "Dead Elephant", not bad ... and it looks like the storm will be over by tonite. And then comes the clean up ... city crews are are doing a damn fine job of keeping the main roads open, but most of the residential areas will have to wait.

Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas everyone
Turtle likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 11:47   #7
Senior Member+

I have just received an email from a friend which contained a photograph of his weather recording device.
He is working on the Fort McMurray oil fields Alberta Canada and the temperature was minus 35 C.
He says it is getting just a little bit chilly now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17809141985-2013-12-22.jpg (160.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 22-12-2013, 13:00   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I have just received an email from a friend which contained a photograph of his weather recording device.
He is working on the Fort McMurray oil fields Alberta Canada and the temperature was minus 35 C.
He says it is getting just a little bit chilly now.
It's a tad on the cool side out west In fact, the weather maps in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba have pictures of little brass monkeys all over them But the polar bears around Churchill, Manisnowba are happy. And up in the territories choirs of brass monkeys are singing carols in soprano.
Old 22-12-2013, 13:15   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sorted if you're a welder then!
Eric likes this.
Old 22-12-2013, 14:38   #10
Senior Member+

its starting snowing on our street
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 16:02   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
its starting snowing on our street
That's nice ... hopefully, it will soon be like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (549.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (535.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (409.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (569.6 KB, 15 views)
shillelagh and davemac like this.
Old 22-12-2013, 17:20   #12
Beacon of light

It is hailstoning here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 18:12   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its doing nowt here apart from cold, just back in wi oscar hes happy i'm frozen.
Old 22-12-2013, 19:41   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is hailstoning here.
Some folks have all the luck.
Old 23-12-2013, 12:04   #15
Senior Member+

My mate in Alberta sent me these cartoons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg [email protected] (15.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg [email protected] (69.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg [email protected] (27.2 KB, 12 views)
Eric likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..