Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2006, 23:31   #1
Always EVIL within us

Unhappy "Proper" entertainment.

As I was wallowing through the net looking as always for that elusive gem that is worthy of the Accyweb, I came across this guy Chris Bliss and if you watch this video, you will be amazed (perhaps) by his juggling skills.

http://marketplace.espeakers.com/mov...5290&aid=10558

but as I was watching him, it struck me where does he go from here? He probably spent years perfecting his routine, as many other talented artists have done but where can he work in todays society?

Remember Sunday Night at the London Palladium? There was always a spot for a speciality act, likewise the Morcambe and Wise show and Mike and Bernie Winters. Prime time T.V. for a 10 min spot was all it needed for a talented person to become a household name.

I wonder if there is or will be any call for variety entertainment now or in the future? Is it ever likely that we would enthuse watching jugglers, acrobats - and "Beat the Clock" again? What do you think?

Old 24-03-2006, 23:36   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: "Proper" entertainment.

There'll never be another Tony Holland.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 23:39   #3
God Member

Who's Tony Holland?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 00:07   #4
Resident Waffler

Precisely ..................

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 01:30   #5
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Precisely ..................
Didn't recognise the name myself - - until Willow hummed the tune in my ear!! Mr. "bloody" muscle man from Opportunity Knocks (makes sense to those 40 plus!!)
Old 25-03-2006, 11:10   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
Didn't recognise the name myself - - until Willow hummed the tune in my ear!! Mr. "bloody" muscle man from Opportunity Knocks (makes sense to those 40 plus!!)
Remember when he drew in the stomach area ... weird or what
Cheek muscles moved gracefully though
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..