Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 3 Post By Morecambe Ex Pat
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By dotti34

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2018, 17:09   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Remember The Good Old Days...

...When if you were sat at a table in your local when other folk came in they would politely ask, "is anyone sitting here?", sadly they have gone, I was sat at a table he & she came over plonked themselves down without a wherewithal (always wanted to use that word) she then shufflebottoms until she has enough space which meant I couldn't quite reach my pint (always big mistake), she then started complaining about the volume of the T.V. Ignores the fact that at least six of us are watching the news and sends her husband to the bar to get the volume turned down.
The barmaid comes across and mutes the set thus keeping her happy and others lip reading what they had been interested in.
Well she (the shufflebottomer) was working against the fact that despite hints about not being able to reach my pint she wouldn't move plus we now have apps on our mobiles, I didn't argue, I didn't complain about her ignorance, I just slyly used the app to increase the volume on the set until she dragged her suffering husband and her big arse away from our enjoyment, she did of course complain on the way past to the barmaid, putting that lass through having to listen to her is my only regret.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
DaveinGermany likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2018, 17:36   #2

Re: Remember The Good Old Days...

Oh dear, wherever she dragged her fella off to must have been a worse place than this!
They've just plonked themselves down again, again with no wherewithal (twice in one day for using that word) how is she going to cope now that the volume has been turned up for the football match?

Old 13-10-2018, 17:43   #3

Oops sorry it's a rugby match, I can't really tell one from t'other.

Old 13-10-2018, 18:18   #4

She didn't cope very well, it seems it's all her blokes fault, he's going to have to buy her a box of Roses (by the look of her it had better be the chocolate kind or else she'll chew his head off).
I'm glad I'm single.

Old 17-10-2018, 05:21   #5

Oh Less! You really should have been more sympathetic to the lady (I use that word loosely, by the way). Have you thought that the reason she was shuffling her bottom about is that she might have been suffering from worms. The shuffling would have been her only relief from this affliction, as she couldn’t very well have a good old scratch right there and then. It might also have been the reason she was bad-tempered, absolutely disagreeable, and at odds with the world. Worms can get you like that.

On a serious note (if we can be serious for a moment) I agree with you that some people do seem to get a kick out of being thoroughly unpleasant, with no care for others. They are probably leading very miserable lives themselves. Enjoy the fact that they’re not in yours.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 20:14   #6
Full Member+

Could have been worse Less if not funnier she could have been dragging herself across the floor on her big arse.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 07:28   #7
Full Member+

We live on a cul-de-sac and Mrs Obnoxious-Lard-Arse parked her car in the turning circle. I asked her if she would be staying long as I had a delivery due shortly and she would be blocked in. After she had explained her rights as a tax paying motorist to me, using some colourful and totally unnecessary language she stormed off into a house. My delivery arrived soon after and as expected, blocked the road completely. We set about unloading the wagon and were about 30 minutes in when Mrs OLA demanded that we move the wagon. I explained to her that the reason why I asked her not to park there wasn't because her car may be abducted by aliens but that once the wagon was here, she wouldn't get out. Using more expletives she demanded the wagon be moved, the driver clinched the deal when he explained to her that the half unloaded wagon was too unsafe to move and that she would just have to wait. She retired to her car and just got redder and redder.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 11:16   #8
Beacon of light

Ooh, isn't revenge(that you can see) sweet?
Serves her right.
I don't get why people feel the need to be obnoxious, get sweary, get nasty when asked to move their vehicle....especially as you explained why she really needed to move.
Is it that these folk feel a sense of entitlement?
That their needs trump yours?
Anyway, your story made my day.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 01:00   #9

It does makes you wonder why some people are so obnoxious and unpleasant. It can certainly affect how they make others feel. For instance, the other morning I caught the bus to a nearby shopping centre. I always say a greeting to the bus drivers and get a like response. However, this time when I said ‘good morning’ the driver didn’t respond but gave me a grumpy look.

A couple of stops further on an oldish aboriginal man got on and politely asked the driver if the bus was going to a certain street. The driver said, very nastily, ‘YOU’RE not going anywhere if you don’t have a ticket’. The man said ‘I do have a ticket’ and proceeded to validate this. Now I naturally have a big mouth (can sometimes get me into trouble) and I was on the point of saying to the driver ‘do you treat everyone like that?’ but then I thought of how dignified the old fellow had been and I knew it would be embarrassing for him if I made an issue out of a very racist assumption, so for once I kept it shut.

I always thank the driver when I’m alighting and I made no exception this time, having been taught good manners. So as the bus was almost at my stop I stepped forward and said ‘thank you’ but in reply he snarled at me to ‘get back behind the line until the bus stops’. (There was a painted line on the floor of the bus and I was one step over it). I got off feeling quite depressed. What a sad sort of man.

But all was not lost. I then went into the bank. The teller greeted me with a big smile and said ‘good afternoon’. I laughed and said it might feel like that but it WAS still morning. She chuckled and said she’d had a really busy couple of hours so it DID feel like afternoon. I told her to take a coffee break and put her feet up, she laughed and said to the teller next to her that she had just been given permission to have a coffee break. I said ‘both of you go’ and that if the boss said anything to tell him to take the matter up with me as I would be just over the road and I’d sort him out. We had a good laugh together and she said ‘if only all our customers were like you’. I left the bank feeling good again and with a spring in my step, and I knew that I had helped brighten someone else’s day also.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 09:19   #10
Beacon of light

Dorothy, we have our share of grumpy drivers too.
I once asked a driver if he did not like his job....he said 'it would be better if I didn't have to transport you freeloaders'....meaning those of us of a certain age that have bus passes.
I told him that these passes are NOT free....that we pay taxes unlike the unemployed.....and that but for us, he would be out of a job as there would be no need to run so many buses during the day.
This comment did not meet with much of a response....and like you, I smiled sweetly at the man and thanked him as I got off the bus.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..