Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 20:16   #1
God Member

Thumbs down Signing out

Things seem to be getting out of hand on here so for the foreseeable future I will no longer be taking part in the chat on here. Nor will I be signing in as it has reached the stage were I am ready to explode and that will not be bringing the site into distrepute unlike others on here. You know were to find me if you want out with here.

TTFN now.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2010, 20:21   #2

Re: Signing out

Sorry to see you go Spuggie, hope you will be back soon.
Old 02-12-2010, 20:31   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Things seem to be getting out of hand on here so for the foreseeable future I will no longer be taking part in the chat on here. Nor will I be signing in as it has reached the stage were I am ready to explode and that will not be bringing the site into distrepute unlike others on here. You know were to find me if you want out with here.

TTFN now.
That is a real shame, yes there are people on here that can be rude and stupid. But. please don't let them win.
I am hearing suggestions, from a number of friends that I have made, of nefarious practices, but fight them, as WSC said on the beaches and elsewhere. Don't let the B'staads grind you down, if we all stand together we will beat them.
Take care, I have enjoyed your contributions, please do not give up and let the B'Saads win
Old 02-12-2010, 21:05   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dunno whats got on yer pip spugs, but never had ya down as a jibber.
Old 02-12-2010, 21:12   #5
Super Moderator

So, does anybody want to explain what this is all about, as it's got me totally puzzled. Just had a shufty through Spuggie's recent posts to see if he'd been in a ruck with somebody, but couldn't see anything untoward.

So...what's getting out of hand, why is Spuggie about to explode and how are people bringing the site into disrepute..and what are these mysterious nefarious practices that Barrie speaks darkly of?

Anybody want to spell it out to a simple soul like myself?
Old 02-12-2010, 21:13   #6
Beacon of light

gonna miss you spuggie!
Old 02-12-2010, 21:35   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, does anybody want to explain what this is all about, as it's got me totally puzzled. Just had a shufty through Spuggie's recent posts to see if he'd been in a ruck with somebody, but couldn't see anything untoward.

So...what's getting out of hand, why is Spuggie about to explode and how are people bringing the site into disrepute..and what are these mysterious nefarious practices that Barrie speaks darkly of?

Anybody want to spell it out to a simple soul like myself?
Beats the crap outa me wyn,
Old 02-12-2010, 21:48   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Beats the crap outa me wyn,
Would appear to have had a similar effect on everybody else, Cashy, as no one seems to have an answer. The mystery deepens!
Old 02-12-2010, 23:00   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Would appear to have had a similar effect on everybody else, Cashy, as no one seems to have an answer. The mystery deepens!
Had a warning today from a member - who posts regularly - whom I have never met personally, to be careful about PMs as they are certain that someone is reading them. They suggested that he has a personal agenda
Old 03-12-2010, 00:59   #10
Roy
Administrator

I can assure you that nobody is reading any PM's. To read PM's you need to have access to the server and be able to get into the mysql database. To be fair, I could do, but it's far to much hassle, and I really couldn't be bothered! There is only me that has access to the server and the database.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:36   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
That is a real shame, yes there are people on here that can be rude and stupid. But. please don't let them win.
I am hearing suggestions, from a number of friends that I have made, of nefarious practices, but fight them, as WSC said on the beaches and elsewhere. Don't let the B'staads grind you down, if we all stand together we will beat them.
Take care, I have enjoyed your contributions, please do not give up and let the B'Saads win __________________
Regards,

Perhaps he's fed up with people coming on and spreading rumors?

What exactly do you mean by, 'nefarious practices'?

Perhaps rather than misquoting Churchill you could help keep accyweb a place worthy of spugs input by not posting such unsubstantiated garbage?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:26   #12
Resting in Peace

Well none of the mod have had any pm's reports or any info as to what has upset spuggie so we have no idea either
if he would like to get in touch and explain what or who the problem is i am sure we could sort it out.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:44   #13
Resting in Peace

Think its shame Spugs has taken this line, instead of airing his grievances and discussing them. To my mind if there are threads in any section which are not to your liking, the simple answer is don't read them. The thing is Accy Web is ever increasing in size (members) so the focus of debate is bound to change. I often here it said that Accy Web isn't the same, well know it isn't, but as websites go its by far the best one of its kind going, just take a look at Burnley and Blackburn, both towns bigger than Accy, but their Web sites can only dream of being like AW. On average there are over 200 people per day use it (members) plus countless visitors, Blackburn and Burnley together are lucky to get a dozen
Old 03-12-2010, 14:52   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps he's fed up with people coming on and spreading rumors?

What exactly do you mean by, 'nefarious practices'?

Perhaps rather than misquoting Churchill you could help keep accyweb a place worthy of spugs input by not posting such unsubstantiated garbage?

I will certainly pass the information on to Mick when I get back to UK. I will not name my source but Mick, and others he can trust, will be able to check on the information.
The name given to me certainly wasn't Roy.
OED is a good reference book
Old 03-12-2010, 17:14   #15
God Member

In one sense it's kinda obvious that something or someone has been rattling Spuggie's cage ... I don't think he would do this for no reason ... but I can't for the life of me figure out what or whom
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..