Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2022, 15:14   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Some Days… Waking Up Is A Chore!

Today, well it was bin day, I dutifully put out my brown bin everything sorted and correct, I live alone so none of my bins are ever full, within seconds it would seem that was changed by one of my neighbours, overflowing and a giant cardboard box full of polystyrene placed on top.
I noticed the binmen emptied my bin but placed the box in my gateway, I went out and asked why?
The reply was , I should sort my rubbish properly, I explained that as was obvious by the address label on the box it wasn’t my crap. Eventually they removed it.
Next came the jolly rattle of my letter box as the postman placed enough fliers to keep a national newspaper provided with paper for the whole population, for a change though there were some actual letters.
First I opened marked ‘important’ from council, telling me that they were doing away with paper information and how it was most important I register by email, (that I did at least twice about 10 years ago still waiting for confirmation email from them).
Next letter, BBC licensing yet another threat to remove anything electrical from my house even though I don’t use their services.
BUT, the biggest ball ache is, so far today not one of the horses I’ve backed has won, how can I be expected to cope with rambling inflation if they are going to be unreliable?
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2022, 15:21   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Some Days… Waking Up Is A Chore!

Less…into each life a little rain must fall…it seems you are having a deluge right now.
Chin up…it gives fare a better target to hit.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..