Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2014, 14:45   #31
Senior Member+

Re: T T T Tourette's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No risk, more of an inevitability.
Here, have a winky smiley just to show I mean no harm.

Oops sorry I'm new at this.
Don't pull your punches for me Less, I'm sure you meant this one

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2014, 14:51   #32
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Don't pull your punches for me Less, I'm sure you meant this one
Not at all, I wouldn't waste a finger on you, I don't know were you've been and as your posts always prove, you are hard to follow so I'll never know where your going.

By the way, you don't deserve a long bacon so don't expect one from me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 15:09   #33
Senior Member+

I do have some empathy when it comes to disabilities and comedy and some comedians do take it too far (even for a heartless troll like myself).
Maybe it is wrong for me to laugh,same as it's probably wrong to laugh when I see someone slip or fall....I know I shouldn't laugh...but......I suppose I've just got bad taste when it comes to comedy.

password--Accyweb
Old 01-09-2014, 15:14   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have very bad taste when it comes to laughing at stuff, but also try to have the sense to know when to exercise it.
Old 01-09-2014, 15:33   #35
Beacon of light

Laughing at scousers, or the Irish is different.....they probably make jokes at the expense of other nationalities......and laughing at people slipping on a banana skin is different too.

If you find something funny, then you find it funny....but it might be worthwhile keeping it to,yourself......and to post something because it is a provocative subject is not the way to go.
It might work on Facebook, but not on here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 16:09   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
So you were just trolling by posting something crass(sorry, provocative).
Quote:
Yes, I guess so
If you want to do some really good trolling start a thread called 'Margaret Thatcher deserves a Sainthood'.
That should get a lively response!
DaveinGermany likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 16:28   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have very bad taste when it comes to laughing at stuff, but also try to have the sense to know when to exercise it.
That's a lesson I still need to learn, I'd give your comment a like but I'd only get accused of trying to gain "friendship/brownie points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If you find something funny, then you find it funny....but it might be worthwhile keeping it to,yourself......and to post something because it is a provocative subject is not the way to go.
It might work on Facebook, but not on here.
I don't use Facebook M, It does nothing for me (in far too opinionated)...

... Or are you suggesting I start using it instead of posting my "crap" on here

I hope you know,I didn't start this thread so I could say unpleasant,offensive or poke fun at, folk with disabilities under the guise of it being called humour

password--Accyweb
Old 01-09-2014, 16:29   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
If you want to do some really good trolling start a thread called 'Margaret Thatcher deserves a Sainthood'.
That should get a lively response!
Are you suggesting she doesn't G?

password--Accyweb
Old 01-09-2014, 16:50   #39
Beacon of light

Quote:

I don't use Facebook M, It does nothing for me (in far too opinionated)...

... Or are you suggesting I start using it instead of posting my "crap" on here
Nope....I wasn't suggesting anything like that at all and you should know by now if that is what I meant......I would have come out and said it.
Old 01-09-2014, 16:53   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Laughing at scousers, or the Irish is different.....they probably make jokes at the expense of other nationalities......and laughing at people slipping on a banana skin is different too
If one laughs at Irish/Liverpudlian man jokes where national or racial stereotypes are played on then (imo) surely one can't really take exception to disability jokes (as long as they are not derogatory).

After the comments I've already received, I am quite ready to get rocks thrown at me if you disagree

password--Accyweb
Old 01-09-2014, 17:33   #41
Beacon of light

I don't throw rocks at you as I believe that you are entitled to your opinion.

I have already said that humour is a personal thing....what makes some people laugh goes right over my head.......many of today's comedians are just not funny.
In fact, many of them make me feel that my funny bone has been removed.

Jason, you have already said that you posted this thread purely to get a response......you have had a response.
Now stop digging, you are in deep enough as it is.
This will be my last post to this thread as I feel it has run it's course. If you haven't got it by now then it is unlikely that you ever will.
Old 01-09-2014, 22:28   #42

Accyexplorer – Like Margaret I also think that this has run its course. Your responses as you try to justify your comments, making ridiculous comparisons between those who can help themselves and are able-bodied and those who for no fault of their own have been saddled with a debilitating disability, are deplorable.

Rather than being ‘provocative’ – I’d rather use the word ‘crass’ as Gordon B did – I find you have now become very boring as you try to defend the way you think, and the pathetic reasons you put forward as to why you started this thread.

You have, of course, the choice to think and act whatever way you wish to – unlike the people who have the syndrome you enjoy making fun of.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:09   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't throw rocks at you as I believe that you are entitled to your opinion.

I have already said that humour is a personal thing....what makes some people laugh goes right over my head.......many of today's comedians are just not funny.
In fact, many of them make me feel that my funny bone has been removed.

Jason, you have already said that you posted this thread purely to get a response......you have had a response.
Now stop digging, you are in deep enough as it is.
This will be my last post to this thread as I feel it has run it's course. If you haven't got it by now then it is unlikely that you ever will.
It wasn't "purely" to get a reaction M , I did want to have a little debate about a controversial subject without folk taking the moral high ground (not that that is what you're doing) I'll stop digging now ...

..... Perhaps, I should/could be a little more sensitive and choose my words a bit more wisely in future ....See you in the parking thread (Or other) if you don't want to comment on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Accyexplorer – Like Margaret I also think that this has run its course. Your responses as you try to justify your comments, making ridiculous comparisons between those who can help themselves and are able-bodied and those who for no fault of their own have been saddled with a debilitating disability, are deplorable.

Rather than being ‘provocative’ – I’d rather use the word ‘crass’ as Gordon B did – I find you have now become very boring as you try to defend the way you think, and the pathetic reasons you put forward as to why you started this thread.

You have, of course, the choice to think and act whatever way you wish to – unlike the people who have the syndrome you enjoy making fun of.
If folk 'question' my comments its only right that I (try) justify them dotti.....however, on this occasion I feel the need to because (imo) some folk need to pull themselves together, lighten up and stop the faux outrage at every little comment I make....SO:-

I didn't start the thread pointing my finger and making fun of folk who suffer from Tourette's. Like I've said, It's more the inappropriate swearing and noises they make that I find amusing (it adds a little more character I think).I know it may seem distasteful to most but I've a dry (very dry) sense of humour.
Sorry if I offended you folks but, I won't walk on eggshells.

If you don't want to debate the subject dotti, thats fine, just ignore it

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 02-09-2014 at 01:11.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11   #44

Accyexplorer – yes, you did make fun of people with Tourettes when you started this thread. The swearing and noises they make are part of the syndrome so if you find this amusing then you are still poking fun at them.

By the way, I am not ‘debating’ this subject with you – debating means arguing the fact in a formal way of making a resolution. There is no argument here and there will be no resolution while we are of such differing opinions as to what is the right way to show compassion and understanding, when the need arises, to a fellow man (or woman).

I would call your so-called sense of humour a warped one rather than dry and as for your expression ‘faux outrage’ – believe you me there is nothing false about my outrage.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:02   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
By the way, I am not ‘debating’ this subject with you – debating means arguing the fact in a formal way of making a resolution. There is no argument here and there will be no resolution while we are of such differing opinions as to what is the right way to show compassion and understanding, when the need arises, to a fellow man (or woman).
At least we're in agreement about something dotti,the very basics of having an open discussion or 'debate' involves bringing proper arguments backed up by facts and making refutations with counter-arguments.....none of which really seems to have been done nor do I see it happening with our "differing opinions".

Maybe,I could've had a bit more compassion etc when commenting and starting the thread but "hindsight is always 20/20" and with that I bid you good day

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 02-09-2014 at 11:07.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..