Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2014, 22:06   #61

Re: T T T Tourette's

Accyexplorer, this posting has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, so apologies to other posters. AccyX, you come across as someone who likes to give the impression that your command of the English language and how it is written is of a high standard.

However, you continually refer to your lady on this thread and on others as ‘our peg’ with no capital letter to her name. This makes her seem insignificant which is certainly not the case. Names should begin with a capital letter, which you well know as you do apply the rule to others, including Less, so would you please extend this same courtesy to your Peg.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2014, 22:12   #62
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=our%20peg
Sometimes the Internet can clear confusion.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 22:33   #63

Ta for that, Less. Does that mean then that 'peg' is simply the name given to a girlfriend and is not, like I thought it was, a shortened version of Accyexplorer's wife's name? If so, I stand to be corrected and apologise to him. Hadn't heard of peg in this context - but it sounds a bit derogative when used in that way. We live and learn.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:38   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Looks like you've learned to live with it, putsinker, I can imagine the trouble you've got into!

But I'll bet if you two 'got going' and I started 'busting my sides' I'd get a good f-telling off!
Well, maybe you would, but not from me, In spite of what has been said on this thread about inappropriate humor, in some situations a little humor can diffuse a situation.
I think that its important that you know the person from who the urine is being extracted though, and can judge their reaction and feelings in order not to upset them. Making fun of someone who you don't know ,would in my opinion, be in very bad taste.
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:50   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Ta for that, Less. Does that mean then that 'peg' is simply the name given to a girlfriend and is not, like I thought it was, a shortened version of Accyexplorer's wife's name? If so, I stand to be corrected and apologise to him. Hadn't heard of peg in this context - but it sounds a bit derogative when used in that way. We live and learn.
A wise owl told me that a willingness to learn is a good start
As for my English, it's (very) poor compared to most folk on here, if I give the impression it's even good that's not my intent

"Our peg" is timid in comparison to some of things I call her, 'misery' being a example, it's not meant in a derogatory manner though (far from)...it's my funny bone, you see, it's in the wrong place

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:06   #66
Senior Member+

Tics are not just verbal (swearing,whistle or clicks) are they putsinker?
I mean, is it possible for someone with Tourette's to (uncontrollably) swing out or spit at someone especially, if they didn't take enough meds (like the fella in the article in first post). I knew a gent that often collapsed on the floor and had a small seizure and he said is was due to his Tourette's condition (to be honest I thought it was epilepsy).

password--Accyweb
Old 03-09-2014, 03:32   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Tics are not just verbal (swearing,whistle or clicks) are they putsinker?
I mean, is it possible for someone with Tourette's to (uncontrollably) swing out or spit at someone especially, if they didn't take enough meds (like the fella in the article in first post). I knew a gent that often collapsed on the floor and had a small seizure and he said is was due to his Tourette's condition (to be honest I thought it was epilepsy).
I think that if I had a condition where I was spitting or striking out at people Heavy "Meds" would be at the top of my to do list. Sorry I can't offer much advice on this condition, I haven't researched it to any extent. I try to play it down, many of the people who I know don't know about it, they just think I'me a nutter.
DaveinGermany likes this.
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:36   #68
I am Banned

Think this kids got Tourette's

This 2-Year-Old's Ice Bucket Video Is The Last One To See, Folks
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 13:17   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
It wouldn't play the clip D, I'm going to go out on a whim and say she's not got Tourette's (as it didn't mention it in the article), she's probably just a victim of bad parenting like most whippersnappers of today
I know if any of my children came out with profanity like that the last thing I would do is post it on the internet

password--Accyweb
Old 03-09-2014, 13:57   #70
I am Banned

Quote:
It wouldn't play the clip D, I'm going to go out on a whim and say she's not got Tourette's (as it didn't mention it in the article), she's probably just a victim of bad parenting like most whippersnappers of today
I know if any of my children came out with profanity like that the last thing I would do is post it on the internet
Think the phrase is "Going out on a limb" AccyX but hey who am I to be picky
And yup agree with your comment about posting your kids on the www,
15 minutes of fame and all that.

Last edited by DtheP47; 03-09-2014 at 13:59. Reason: another link
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 14:49   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Think the phrase is "Going out on a limb" AccyX but hey who am I to be picky
And yup agree with your comment about posting your kids on the www,
15 minutes of fame and all that.

"Whim" or "limb"....same thing, I don't think either of us will make it in the pedant police

After watching that clip, I stand by my original comment, she's heard that saying quite a few times by the sound of things.

password--Accyweb
Old 03-09-2014, 14:56   #72

It's so lovely to see that AccyWeb has brought together new friends of similar interests.
Old 03-09-2014, 15:08   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's so lovely to see that AccyWeb has brought together new friends of similar interests.
Yes, Less, I'm thinking of buying D a toy trainset at Christmas...

....perhaps you could help us set it up

password--Accyweb
Old 03-09-2014, 15:11   #74

Re: Re: T T T Tourette's

Quote:
Yes, Less, I'm thinking of buying D a toy trainset at Christmas...

....perhaps you could help us set it up
What on Earth is the point?

It's like threads, you would only ruin it.
Old 03-09-2014, 15:48   #75

Re: Re: T T T Tourette's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What on Earth is the point?

It's like threads, you would only ruin it.
By the way, may I suggest you keep your gob shut for a short while accyexplorer?
Your new friend is far better at snide than you are, he will perhaps come out of change a letter and bravely continue his remarks openly rather than hiding where he thinks I don't look.

I look forward to his input, his humour is along similar, lines to your own.

Actually, I find neither of you humorous, but equally cowardly and in need of friends.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..