Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2014, 14:11   #1
Senior Member+

T T T Tourette's

(I'm probably going to hell for saying this but) Does anyone one else apart from me think that Tourette's is the funniest neurological disorder there is?

Tourette's tics come in all forms from cursing and swearing to people who just make (strange) sounds.A bingo fan has been barred from his local bingo hall because he has Tourette’s syndrome.

Louis Bunn, 23, said he was told never to come back to Leo Leisure Bingo in Eastbourne, after his tics started during a game last Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shouting.html

Personally, I can see how Tourette's could be a bit of a issue when playing bingo-all those fat ladies, ducks, legs etc not to mention the bright lights and adrenaline.

For more info on Tourette's/tic disorders visit Tourettes Action

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 30-08-2014 at 14:13.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2014, 14:23   #2

Re: T T T Tourette's

Typical Daily Mail story (what a rag!). He was banned for being aggressive to a customer and spitting at the club manager, not for having Tourette's. In answer to your question, no, I don't think it's a funny disorder.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 14:54   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Typical Daily Mail story (what a rag!). He was banned for being aggressive to a customer and spitting at the club manager, not for having Tourette's. In answer to your question, no, I don't think it's a funny disorder.
I agree, I really should stay away from 'stories' in the daily fail M .
And yes, he can't help his condition (swearing etc) but is being aggressive towards a fellow player and spitting at the manager part of his condition? Hmmm
Apparently, he had to double his medication so that would suggest he wasn't taking enough to control his tics etc.

I think some folk with this disorder are comedy genius's, I'm not taking the urine I think that if a bit of humour brings attention,raises awareness to Tourettes Syndrome then it's not all bad, at least it's getting the message out there.
I'd post some clips but it's a family forum (allegedly).

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 30-08-2014 at 14:57.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:24   #4

Accyexplorer - no, there is nothing funny about Tourette Syndrome - I can't believe that you would even suggest this. Try walking a mile in their shoes then you wouldn't find anything to laugh about. No neurological disorder is 'funny' either to the sufferer or those who love them.
I am the first to agree that humour helps in a lot of areas but there is nothing humorous about Tourettes. Anyone who laughs at them, or is amused by them, should be ashamed.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:36   #5
Beacon of light

I thought it was just me who felt like this dotti.
I do not find it humourous at all....I find much of the humour directed at people with any disablility to be in bad taste.
Perhaps it is a 'generational thing'....if it is I am glad to belong to the sensible generation.
nicola68, emamum, dotti34 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 31-08-2014 at 10:44.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 13:44   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
(I'm probably going to hell for saying this but) Does anyone one else apart from me think that Tourette's is the funniest neurological disorder there is?
For some of the time(not a lot) you come over as a sane, reasonable person. Then you do a post saying something so stupid, outrageous and controversial that you put your sanity in doubt.
Then, when you have started the 'hell' you're expecting, you start to pull back and try to modify what you said and show how reasonable you really are.
Make you're mind up, if you want to stir it stick with it, don't chicken out, it makes it hard to decide just how weird you are.
As for Tourettes or any other other major neurological disorder being funny-have you any idea what it must be like for the sufferer, in their moments of clarity, and their family? No, neither have I but I doubt they find it funny.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:07   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Does anyone one else apart from me think that Tourette's is the funniest neurological disorder there is?]
Certainly not me (or "I", if you are a purist) ... And before you make a statement such as this, think of what you are implying (perhaps accidentally ... or out of ignorance of English.) And that is: all neurological disorders are, to some degree, "funny", but tourette's (sic) is the "funniest".
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:17   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: T T T Tourette's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Certainly not me (or "I", if you are a purist) ... And before you make a statement such as this, think of what you are implying (perhaps accidentally ... or out of ignorance of English.) And that is: all neurological disorders are, to some degree, "funny", but tourette's (sic) is the "funniest".
Of course you don't, you are an ordinary thinking human.
Isn't it time the Internet and all it's advantages were denied from such pillocks as he?

Well gosh! Of course not, without such examples how could we know that humanity is DOOMED?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:21   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fair point E, I'll go with "ignorance of English"

password--Accyweb
Old 31-08-2014, 20:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
humanity is DOOMED?
That might not be all that bad ... Maybe we are God's big mistake ... it was late in THE WEEK, and he may have been smoking some of what he created on Day 4 (or 3 or 5 ... I'm not sure). "The glory, jest, and riddle of the world" ... (Pope, I think, "Essay on Man") ... that's who we are. An endangered species endangering all the others ... and the planet.

I've been thinking about this ever since I heard that Jaysay bought the farm ... he liked that; thought it was funny, although I thought "popped his clogs" was more expressive. Our way of life, and the world we were born into, is on the way out, death by death. In that world we knew what was right, and what was wrong ... and that we had THE choice, free will ... maybe not God's best idea, given that sinning is so often so goddam attractive.

I often express opinions which may be taken as "Islamaphobic". But it isn't that. Certain things I recognize as wrong: public beheadings, shooting young girls in the head 'cause they wanna go to school, slaughtering innocents who don't conform to their "brand" of Islam, etc. ... I think you get it. This gut feeling for what is the right thing is being replaced by pc'ism and the nanny state.

Anyway, to get back on topic, finding someone's disorder, whatever it is, "funny", is just plain wrong.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 20:06   #11
Senior Member+

Only one small comment, "sick minded poster"
Old 31-08-2014, 20:32   #12

Re: Re: T T T Tourette's

Quote:
That might not be all that bad ... Maybe we are God's big mistake ... it was late in THE WEEK, and he may have been smoking some of what he created on Day 4 (or 3 or 5 ... I'm not sure). "The glory, jest, and riddle of the world" ... (Pope, I think, "Essay on Man") ... that's who we are. An endangered species endangering all the others ... and the planet.

I've been thinking about this ever since I heard that Jaysay bought the farm ... he liked that; thought it was funny, although I thought "popped his clogs" was more expressive. Our way of life, and the world we were born into, is on the way out, death by death. In that world we knew what was right, and what was wrong ... and that we had THE choice, free will ... maybe not God's best idea, given that sinning is so often so goddam attractive.

I often express opinions which may be taken as "Islamaphobic". But it isn't that. Certain things I recognize as wrong: public beheadings, shooting young girls in the head 'cause they wanna go to school, slaughtering innocents who don't conform to their "brand" of Islam, etc. ... I think you get it. This gut feeling for what is the right thing is being replaced by pc'ism and the nanny state.

Anyway, to get back on topic, finding someone's disorder, whatever it is, "funny", is just plain wrong.
Can I just say WOW!

For all except the last paragraph, how could any right thinking person think that wrong.
Old 31-08-2014, 20:34   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Only one small comment, "sick minded poster"
I've plenty more to say G....I've just got to think about it first

I still think Tourette's (the swearing,noises) is funny.....I'll get back to you all when I've had time to think

password--Accyweb
Old 31-08-2014, 20:41   #14

I find you sad, am I wrong for that?
Somehow I think I'm right, again and again, you prove yourself less of a person than someone that can't help being the way they are.
They have an excuse, what reason do you have for the way you are?
Old 31-08-2014, 21:03   #15

Accyexplorer are you sick or something? How can you find anything amusing in someone else's misfortune, in someone else's disability - especially such a debilitating one? I think you are the one with a problem.

You say you will get back to us when you have had time to think - from the comments already posted by you on this thread I am surprised to know you do think before you write, or that at least you did on this occasion.
nicola68, cashman, Eric and 1 others like this.

Last edited by dotti34; 31-08-2014 at 21:09.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..