Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2008, 10:41   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: The Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Nicholas was going on about how hes well educated, into art & culture etc... Yet he didn't realise that at £4.90 EACH was way way to cheap for a Lobster!
Alan Sugar's face was a picture, when Dripolas was banging on about how cultured he was, and couldn't lower himself talk about football.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2008, 11:17   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's such great television.

So many egos, and hardly an ounce of common sense between them.

Raef should have gone tonight, but I fear he'll be one of those pantomime villains the producer's will keep in until nearer the end to increase the ratings, and the viewer's blood pressure.
Well agree about common sense and egos Rindi, no doubt they'll make great M.Ps.
Old 27-03-2008, 12:54   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Alan Sugar's face was a picture, when Dripolas was banging on about how cultured he was, and couldn't lower himself talk about football.
Not the cleverest thing to say to a massive football fan and ex - owner of a football club!! I want the other one to go next that Raefe, he was annoying aswell and also worryingly looked as though he had full eye make up on!

Another thing I noticed was that when the girls were moving into the house, the narrator said "this is the sort of lifestyle the winner can get used to" Erm somehow I don't think £100,000 a year would pay for that sort of house. Obviously it didn't say were it was but if it was somewhere like Notting Hill or Kensington they'd have no chance, its probably worth about £5 million + I don't really know London at all, so i'm sure Rindy could correct me if i'm wrong!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 13:02   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Another thing I noticed was that when the girls were moving into the house, the narrator said "this is the sort of lifestyle the winner can get used to" Erm somehow I don't think £100,000 a year would pay for that sort of house. Obviously it didn't say were it was but if it was somewhere like Notting Hill or Kensington they'd have no chance, its probably worth about £5 million + I don't really know London at all, so i'm sure Rindy could correct me if i'm wrong!
That made me laugh as well. The 'six figure salary' would probably just about secure them a mortgage on my old one bedroom flat in Tootin' sarf Lahndan.

Old 27-03-2008, 13:26   #20
God Member

Now that we have lots of different TV listings available, why can at least one of them not show which TV advertisements will be shown? They are certainly far more interesting than this old 'Apprentice' rubbish.

There are those who go out into the world, become cut throat businessmen and make the wealth of this country; the rest are wastrels who sit around all day scratching their bum and wait for this nonsense to show up on the telly.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 13:53   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Now that we have lots of different TV listings available, why can at least one of them not show which TV advertisements will be shown? They are certainly far more interesting than this old 'Apprentice' rubbish.

There are those who go out into the world, become cut throat businessmen and make the wealth of this country; the rest are wastrels who sit around all day scratching their bum and wait for this nonsense to show up on the telly.
The same criticism could be levelled at those that spend their weekends huffin' and puffin' on the football terraces, rather than actually playing it.

Old 17-04-2008, 10:52   #22
Senior Member+

Well IMHO Sir Alan was totally wrong last night. Claire should have been fired by a mile!!!

Why must he insist on keeping these trashy, nasty lying women in?? It was the same when Jenny should have been fired! Now Claire's going to be the project manager next week, and we're going to have to put up with her! Grr!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 11:07   #23
God Member

Quote:
Well IMHO Sir Alan was totally wrong last night. Claire should have been fired by a mile!!!

Why must he insist on keeping these trashy, nasty lying women in?? It was the same when Jenny should have been fired! Now Claire's going to be the project manager next week, and we're going to have to put up with her! Grr!!
Totally agree lets just hope her team make a mess of it. Can you imagine what she will be like if she wins?
Old 17-04-2008, 11:17   #24
Give, give, give member

If these are supposed to be the top sixteen, I'd hate to think how bad the other 20,000 applicants must have been.

A little drinks party in a brewery springs to mind.

Simon seemed a nice guy, and he was a grafter, but his ability to manage his team was woefully lacking.

Old 17-04-2008, 19:29   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:

Apparently the BBC (or the producers) have an influence over who is fired and of course they'll want to keep the 'characters' in the game. People who are confrontational, or who encourage some kind of reaction from the audience, are the ones that keep people tuning in. Remember, this isn't real life, it's an entertainment show.
Old 17-04-2008, 19:32   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Apparently the BBC (or the producers) have an influence over who is fired and of course they'll want to keep the 'characters' in the game. People who are confrontational, or who encourage some kind of reaction from the audience, are the ones that keep people tuning in. Remember, this isn't real life, it's an entertainment show.
Disagree. Some large personalities have already been fired.

This time, as usually happens, the mice people keep their heads down, and don't appear on Sir Alan's radar, until later in the series.

Old 17-04-2008, 19:56   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Disagree. Some large personalities have already been fired.

This time, as usually happens, the mice people keep their heads down, and don't appear on Sir Alan's radar, until later in the series.
That maybe the case, but it is true that the BBC have a say in who is fired and as they're in the entertainment business, it's got to be a factor in who stays and who goes.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:30   #28
God Member

Anybody watch it last night??? They are getting worse at the tasks they are set.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:47   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Anybody watch it last night??? They are getting worse at the tasks they are set.
Of course, funniest night of the week, watching these nasty nutters.

Both teams were equally bad. Send a 'green' greeting card, lecturing the recipient about the disappearing rainforests...er, ok, and having a single's day (whoops, hope the comma's in the right place ) the day before Valentine's day, when card shops are already heaving.

The right person was fired, although that thick, nasty cow Jessica was lucky not to be taken in to the boardroom.

What range of greeting cards would you have tried to market?

I'd have gone with a range of 'Appology' cards saying sorry. I haven't seen a generic range of cards in the shops like this, they are usually for one occasion, such as sorry you're leaving/unwell etc. Thus I think they would have a broad appeal, and could be sold all year round, not just at a particular time of year, which would hopefully appeal to the companies that were being pitched to.

You could have a range just appologising, in which you could write what you were sorry for.

Sorry I got drunk at your dinner party.

I'm sorry I crashed the car.

I'm so sorry you are rubbish, and I had to fire you.

Last edited by garinda; 01-05-2008 at 11:49.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:00   #30
God Member

The Sorry card is a good idea, as you say the market is saturated with cards. But the whole concept of a "Save Our Planet Week" was beyond my comprehension. In fact they both were because as Sir Alan said who is going to send a single's card?? Please note my apotrophe is in the right place(just rang the Daily Telegraph to check)

Tags
tv entertainment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..