Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39   #61
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Bottom Of My St Has Geese & Peacocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
This thread is too "Heavy"
Nah Mate! Think you'll find this pretty lightweight in comparison.
Restless likes this.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
And what of the poor affronted woman you ask? My sources tell me she gathered up her brood all the while reciting to them from the holy book (Qur'an, 7: 199) Hold to forgiveness, command what is right, and turn away from the ignorant.
Problem with the Qur'an is that it looks good on paper, but that's as far as it goes. (A lot like the Constitution of the old Soviet Union.) The grim realities tend to be ignored, ususally on the basis of freedom of religion, the kind of freedom which leads to things like FGM:

Report calls for female genital mutilation to be treated as child abuse | Society | The Guardian
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:31   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
This thread is too "Heavy"
I agree! I saw the title on the "new posts" lists and thought it was some greeting between spies.

Then I hovered the mouse over the post and saw the first few lines of the first post, and had to read on... Only got as far as the first 1˝ pages before skipping to the end to see if it had settled down into a mature conversation.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:20   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Only got as far as the first 1˝ pages before skipping to the end to see if it had settled down into a mature conversation.

A mature thread in anything goes you MUST be joking
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25   #65
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Problem with the Qur'an is that it looks good on paper, but that's as far as it goes. (A lot like the Constitution of the old Soviet Union.) The grim realities tend to be ignored, ususally on the basis of freedom of religion, the kind of freedom which leads to things like FGM:

Report calls for female genital mutilation to be treated as child abuse | Society | The Guardian
Thanks Eric, can always rely on you to be the voice of logic and reason. I've just spent a good half hour sitting in a darkened room rocking from side to side and keening softly to myself after catching up with the posts on here.

DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:57   #66
God Member

Quote:
I've just spent a good half hour sitting in a darkened room rocking from side to side and keening softly to myself .
Me too .... the November gales have arrived; and my power went out for a while ... So, I had a couple of beers, and smoked a little gold seal. Now the whole room is rocking from side to side ... an illusion, I know, but what the hell ... as Macbeth pointed out, "There's nothing serious in mortality. All is but toys. So, why not drink a bunch of Bomber" (The last bit is mine, eh.)

And just to keep on topic: The bottom of my street is Lake Ontario ... there are no peacocks; but lots of geese, ducks, trout, salmon, bass, walleye, and various other tasty morsels.
susie123 likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 13:15   #67
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too .... the November gales have arrived; and my power went out for a while And just to keep on topic: The bottom of my street is Lake Ontario ... there are no peacocks; but lots of geese, ducks, trout, salmon, bass, walleye, and various other tasty morsels.
You are not alone Eric... my brand new shed is getting the wind tunnel test down on the Lleyn... Will Argos's finest withstand a series of 90 mph blasts?

North Wales weather: Flood warnings in place as heavy rain continues - North Wales Weekly News
Old 05-11-2013, 14:26   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
You are not alone Eric... my brand new shed is getting the wind tunnel test down on the Lleyn... Will Argos's finest withstand a series of 90 mph blasts
A shed? Times must be bad if you can't afford a caravan!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 14:51   #69
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
A shed? Times must be bad if you can't afford a caravan!
I have the caravan the current Mrs P with her snoring and restless leg syndrome gets the shed
Stevie R likes this.
Old 05-11-2013, 15:15   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have the caravan the current Mrs P with her snoring and restless leg syndrome gets the shed
A very practical solution!
Old 05-11-2013, 18:19   #71
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
A very practical solution!
Well her burqa does muffle her snoring quite effectively Gordon but her restless leg syndrome is still causing problems. The knots I learned in the sea cadets and caving don't work with the Japanese silk rope I got off ebay.
Old 05-11-2013, 18:31   #72
I am Banned

Quote:
The knots I learned in the sea cadets and caving don't work with the Japanese silk rope I got off ebay.

Or with that petard Grimace was on about either.
Old 05-11-2013, 18:33   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
The knots I learned in the sea cadets and caving don't work with the Japanese silk rope I got off ebay.
You're tying it in the wrong place. Pick the right place and she'll stop snoring immediately and her restless leg will settle down in no time.
Old 05-11-2013, 21:07   #74

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Or with that petard Grimace was on about either.
Wow, that really is using the 'prerogative' of the intelligensia, resorting to schoolboy misnomer... congratulations..... you've totally wiped me out with language skills and wit, I totally concede defeat, I'm outclassed.

You failed to recognise the serious point Less was making about not being able to realise friend from foe and didn't link it with the possibility of a suspected terrorist escaping dressed as a woman. Instead you pontificated about inherent racism and bullying.

Man who escaped mosque in burqa was under counter-terror restrictions | UK news | The Guardian

Then again, you are clever enough to take the first letter of a screen name and turn it into a whole new word....maybe you have a valid argument
Old 06-11-2013, 07:51   #75
Beacon of light

Guinness, you have said what I hasve been saying since early on in this thread.
But I had my moral compass questioned for it.......intelligence doesn't need to be hung on the line for all to see...it is present in the way people answer posts on the forum.
And as soon as someone starts name calling it is a sign that their argument can't stand up.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..